cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay claims you must manually upload tracking after purchasing shipping label

We have more than $100,000 in sales on Ebay and now we have 7 defects because we "didn't manually upload the tracking" after purchasing the shipping labels from EBay. I have been assured by Ebay this has always been a requirement. I would like to know how we have  $100,000 in sales and this has never been an issueuntil now. (ANd it started in March) So EBAY has stated to me that if I go public with this and have all of you state that you don't manually load in tracking because it does it automatically that they will look into it and remove our defects. So does the system automatically log your tracking when you purchase your shipping labels? Or do you have to manually load in the tracking? I have been assured by Ebays "expert" that all of you are manually loading in the tracking.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Ebay claims you must manually upload tracking after purchasing shipping label

@coolections wrote:

Since the tracking when purchased from ebay is automatic then what CS said doesn't matter. Do you purchase ALL your postage through ebay or some at the PO and some at Ebay ? Maybe that is the problem ? If not, something is wrong with your computer or something.  Not sure, but no one else is having your porblem.

NOT true. 

I was in some beta testing a few years ago and I had to manually type in every single tracking number because they weren't automatically loading. It was during the holidays too, extra work at a very busy time. 

OP, call back until you get someone with a brain. Have the policy in hand and your tracking pages that show you purchased the labels through ebay. 

Before that beta testing time, and after it ended, I have never had to type in tracking, it uploads automatically except when I was in beta. 

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Re: Ebay claims you must manually upload tracking after purchasing shipping label

@thedazzlingdresser wrote:

I have been assured by Ebays "expert" that all of you are manually loading in the tracking.

I have NEVER manually uploaded tracking for an eBay purchase. It's ALWAYS been done automatically as part of the shipping label purchase.

What you are experiencing is a typical clueless Customer Service response from someone who is in dire need of some "re-education & training".

... yet another indication of the the downhill slide that has become eBay.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
I have NEVER manually loaded the tracking number when I buy the postage thru eBay, never!

Neither have I when a buyer wins an auction and pays for it.   The tracking # is uploaded automatically and that day or the next day I always click on the tracking # to see if the P.O. has uploaded the status.  

However, if a buyer wins multiple auctions and pays for each one separately, ignoring my listing details that specifically state that I am happy to combine shipping - not to pay for multiple items separately and to request a combined/reduced shipping Invoice -- but the buyer pays for them separately anyway ... I will put all items (plus something extra, oftentimes 2 extra items) into one big padded flat rate envelope and manually upload the tracking into each sold listing.  

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I manually upload every single tracking number.....then again, I do everything on ebay with NO printer. Just my preference.

A lot of people think it's impossible to sell on ebay without the use of a printer, and stay within the rules, guidelines and time constraints. That's not the case, however. It certainly probably would be for larger volume sellers, but as a small seller I have never used a printer while selling (or doing anything else, either).
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

No disputes, no claims. Ebay is claiming we are uploading the tracking late, even though we are buying the labels through EBay.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

No disputes, no claims. Ebay is claiming we are uploading the tracking late, even though we are buying the labels through EBay.

I thought a defect was reserved for offenses such as Seller Remorse cancellations, Out of Stock cancellations, ignoring INR or SNAD disputes (where eBay steps in and finds for the buyer), and that kind of thing. I didn't think you could get a defect for simply not uploading a tracking number...?

In any case, if you've got 7 clear defects and 7 PayPal transactions on record that show you buying the labels on-line as usual, not late, and with no other complications, then it sounds like you will need to take up each one with eBay and get them cleared. Stinks, I know, but what else can you do...

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@thedazzlingdresser This sounds like an issue with carrier scan, perhaps?

Did the transactions have tracking automatically uploaded, but the carrier scan was not within your stated handling time?

If that's the case then it would not be a defect, but it would affect your tracking uploaded on time & validated shipping metric. That rating is based on a 3-month timeframe and drops off rather quickly. A true defect is based on a 12 month timeframe.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

No this is not a carrier scan issue. Ebay is claiming we are uploading our tracking late and that tracking has to be manually uploaded rather than automatically. 

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

But you don't get defects from that, it just means you can't be a Top Rated Seller.  Lots of sellers have "white envelope" accounts for items that can ship in an envelope with just a postage stamp and they never upload tracking for anything because they don't ship with tracking.

There has to be something else going on here.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Yes we are buying our labels through Ebay. The 7 defectsare from the last three months.And yes they dropped us to 93% in tracking. One of the defects shows a carrier scan before EBAy claims we "manually" loaded the tracking, No the tracking should have automatically loaded when the postage was printed from EBAY. We only ship through Ebay,

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

No this is not a carrier scan issue. Ebay is claiming we are uploading our tracking late and that tracking has to be manually uploaded rather than automatically. 

Have you checked to see if the "late" scans are those where multiple purchases were shipped together as in the previous posts?  That would seem the most likely explanation for you actually getting dinged.

As to what the CS rep said about having to manually enter each number, call back and maybe you'll get a smarter one.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Always automatic when I print label from eBay!
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

there is a awful glitch going on

I too print my labels in ebay 

several weeks ago I made a seat for a buyer and then a few days ago I come in the morning and see that I have an unshipped seat 

I start amking a pan and then come back to read my description kind of a double check then I thought wait a minute these are expensive I only sell about 4 per year and I do not see a pay pal notice 

I had started making the same seat that I had already shipped and almost made an expensive mistake of shipping the customer a second order because it was in my unshipped section 

I am also having my late shipping in performance saying almost 20% of my orders are late and they are not I have at least a 2 day handling time so that I do not have a late shipment in performance 

we use clipboards on the wall if not for that and if we relyed on Ebay dashboard only I would feel different 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 28 of 28
latest reply