cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Re: Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

@gosolids wrote:

@glorybells wrote:

Since the process of moving sellers to managed payments has been going on since 2018, and there’s been a lot of conversations about it over that time, it amazes me when sellers are caught off guard by it and have trouble meeting their deadline.

Since 2018? Really? Sorry we sellers do have a life outside of ebay believe it or not, so we apologize for being out of the loop for something soooo obvious! Can you possibly find it in your heart to forgive us Mr. Ebay Customer Support rep?  Please? (And while you are it, release the funds you are holding hostage?)

Pretty Please???

If you don't sign up for Managed Payments, they will release the funds, in about 6 months to your States unclaimed money program.

Have a great day
Message 166 of 248
latest reply

@gosolids wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I have been in MP for over 21 months. Sales are fine. I ship within my handling time when the buyer payment is confirmed.

I sourced inventory on the 5th. Over 25% has already sold.

I sourced some more inventory today.

Wow and a whole 92 reviews so far! You are a real veteran so you must know it all!

Not my 1st year on eBay.  The 92 "reviews", as you call them, are as a buyer. I don't post with my 20+ year selling account. Don't need my listings Scooby-Doo'ed, and attacked.

I will source some more inventory tomorrow.

Message 167 of 248
latest reply

Actually PayPal does have their own auction site.... eBay owns PayPal... they are the same company... Also, even with managed payments buyers can still pay with PayPal... when they do, it just gets paid into your MP account instead of your paypal account.. I buy and sell and even though I'm switched over to managed payments I can still choose paypal to pay for auctions that I win. So managed payments does not stop buyers from using paypal it just keeps the payments all managed by eBay... even though they also own PayPal they operate separately.... But just so everyone knows.. buyers can still pay with PayPal even though a seller has a managed payments account. I think the reason some sellers are upset about managed payments is because they use their own credit card processing.. or another 3rd party processing which eBay managed payments no longer allows... so it's really nothing to do with paypal.

Message 168 of 248
latest reply

With all respect, how can you say MP hasn't affected your sales if you haven't been selling (for whatever reason)??? Thanks for the pointless, hollow post. 

Message 169 of 248
latest reply

Actually PayPal does have their own auction site.... eBay owns PayPal... they are the same company.

eBay owned PayPal.  They do not own them anymore.  They are separate companies again.  Thank goodness too.  Icahn Enterprises helped eBay rid the world of that PayPal M&A mess.

Message 170 of 248
latest reply

I've been selling here  some time and never seen sales so bad since managed payments ☠️

Message 171 of 248
latest reply

This is why seller's are mad...the buyer gets the item shipped...ebay and the post office gets paid...and the seller is holding his/her booboo😵for days!

Message 172 of 248
latest reply

@lidag8 wrote:

Actually PayPal does have their own auction site.... eBay owns PayPal... they are the same company... Also, even with managed payments buyers can still pay with PayPal... when they do, it just gets paid into your MP account instead of your paypal account.. I buy and sell and even though I'm switched over to managed payments I can still choose paypal to pay for auctions that I win. So managed payments does not stop buyers from using paypal it just keeps the payments all managed by eBay... even though they also own PayPal they operate separately.... But just so everyone knows.. buyers can still pay with PayPal even though a seller has a managed payments account. I think the reason some sellers are upset about managed payments is because they use their own credit card processing.. or another 3rd party processing which eBay managed payments no longer allows... so it's really nothing to do with paypal.

eBay and PayPal separated several years ago so...yeah you should research before you spew

Message 173 of 248
latest reply

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

I've been selling here  some time and never seen sales so bad since managed payments ☠️

With all due respect, you're selling junk no one wants.

Message 174 of 248
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a lot of it has to do with eBay getting too many sellers, some of them unscrupulous. That drives buyers away. Plus, that search engine is wonky, too, but that's another coin.

Message 175 of 248
latest reply

1) I’m a Mrs., not a Mr.

2) I’m not a customer service rep, nor is anyone here csr.  And, eBay does not monitor these boards.

3). You seriously haven’t read your email in three YEARS?  eBay has been sending out emails about policy changes and the move to managed payments long before it started, and along the way as it’s been happening.  It really is possible to “have a life” outside of eBay and still keep up with changes.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 176 of 248
latest reply

There is an option to set your shipping and fees to come out of the payments.

Message 177 of 248
latest reply

Not everyone has the resources to spare to ship out before receiving payment. Just because you and your friends have the funds or a credit card to pay for shipping or funds doesnt mean that everyone else does. Some people have health issues or some other reason why they cant make enough money to go around. Please be careful before judging!

Message 178 of 248
latest reply

@farmer19800 wrote:

Not everyone has the resources to spare to ship out before receiving payment. Just because you and your friends have the funds or a credit card to pay for shipping or funds doesnt mean that everyone else does.

You don't have to front the money. Just set your Shipping form to draw the postage from the buyer's pending funds. You will find the setting for that at the lower left corner of the Shipping form.

The funds themselves are not "pending;" it's the transfer to your bank that's pending. eBay already has the buyer's payment, which is why you can use a portion of it to purchase the shipping on-line.

Message 179 of 248
latest reply

'I hate eBay and PayPal.they have made it ridiculous to work with them and get my money.it’s my merchandise and my money.once the customer pays and gets their merchandisethe payment belongs t me.I’m only selling for 1 week and I was emailed that I paid PayPal 117.00.for what 1 week of fees.that truelly sucks🥵😡🤬😶..I want to quit eBay.it’s not worth the work time and money.

Message 180 of 248
latest reply