cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay admits recent changes are so your products/listings don't get found/viewed.

We have been questioning ebay recently about the lack of listings products getting found, or seen anymore at all, etc. Here's what they stated today: 

The drop in views is the experience a lot of sellers because eBay recently updated the technology in May behind how page views are counted to filter out of various types of automated traffic on listings.

We've implemented new technology that provides improved non-human/bot traffic filtering. Since bot traffic on the Internet is huge, ongoing page view counts will likely decrease.

If the above is true, most of us can not survive here with that. Whoever is making these changes is ruining it for sellers and ebay will not survive either very long. Whatever they did last month is just terrible and should have everyone here pretty upset. 
Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Ebay admits recent changes are so your products/listings don't get found/viewed.

My items don't show up in searches. That is why the views are down, and sales dow. Ya gotta be able to find it to buy it.

Message 61 of 66
latest reply

Re: Ebay admits recent changes are so your products/listings don't get found/viewed.

Maybe PayPal is the problem??? I shut my paypal acct down after the froze my acct. Had to join a class action lawsuit, when I sent them proof of my joining the class action my acct miraculously worked again. Use Paypal at your own risk. Thieving crooks IMHO, and in many others. I only lost about $50 thru it all, others many thousands.

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

I agree with you, my sales and views are down. Not a big seller, but the last decade or so I am lucky if 1 out of 20 buyers bothers to leave feed back. That said, some of my current items do not show up in searches, ever. No views and no sales if buyers cant find your product.

Message 63 of 66
latest reply

I agree and understand, but there is one thing not mentioned here!

If we, sellers, are not selling then that is 10.5% eBay is not making. You could say eBay is shooting themselves in the foot when they could make a lot more revenue for eBay if they supported their selling base NOT crucify it!

Message 64 of 66
latest reply

I don't think that's a reasonable explanation at all, as the; "PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING" and there's quite simply LESS views & astronomically less SALES from the "OLD" format. It's becoming almost stupid to continue selling online (particularly here), with an influx of "deadbeats" who now overbid others to be snotty with NO intention of paying & also these continuous "improvements" that only IMPROVE  the "bottom line" for these filthy rich companies that forgot the folks like us that were instrumental in building up their companies. How I miss the "Good Old Days" when PAYPAL was a partner here.

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

Thank you, well said !

Message 66 of 66
latest reply