cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund for buyer

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely screwed up my auction!  The buyer and i have mutually agreed to cancel the transacton.  I tried to authorize a refund for the money he sent to Ebay, but now they are deducting their commission from his refund - $200 + dollars.. How do I get ahold of Ebay and ask them to completely cancel the sale and refund ALL his money ??

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

refund for buyer

@Anonymous 

You have to add a credit card or select your checking account to cover refund and fee's.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

refund for buyer

@Anonymous wrote:

I completely screwed up my auction!  The buyer and i have mutually agreed to cancel the transacton.  I tried to authorize a refund for the money he sent to Ebay, but now they are deducting their commission from his refund - $200 + dollars.. How do I get ahold of Ebay and ask them to completely cancel the sale and refund ALL his money ??

I think you are misreading the screen that shows the refund summary.

The buyer will get their full total, part will come from the money eBay gave you and the rest will come from the fees you paid.

The only "shortage" will be the non-refundable 30 cent transaction fee, that will have to come from you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

refund for buyer

There are two or 3 step process in your refund...It will look strange...

(I am making up numbers here....)

Total Sale: $215.00 (paid by the buyer)

You choose refund from the selections on that sale.

There will be 2 different entries on this transaction.....the amount you "would" have received (187.00)

Another entry will be a fee credit (28.00) CUSTOMER (Buyer) Receives the full 215.00

after you reconcile the transaction, ebay will have kept .30 transaction fee.....

ALSO, the REFUND is done in real time, and the payment is STILL PROCESSING, so more than likely your account will go into the -187.00

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

refund for buyer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is anybody being charged?   The transaction was cancelled - nothing was sold.   The potential buyer is totally innocent and get all his money back, right?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

refund for buyer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to everyone who took the time an effort to help me out.  you are all great.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

refund for buyer

@Anonymous wrote:

Why is anybody being charged?   The transaction was cancelled - nothing was sold.   The potential buyer is totally innocent and get all his money back, right?

Yes, the buyer will get a full refund.

Right now, there are no funds available to refund the buyer, so they have to come from somewhere.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

refund for buyer

Well you can't just wave a magic wand and 'declassify' your cancelled transaction.

Money was paid, fees were taken, payments were processed, taxes were remitted.

There has to be a paper trail.

When all is said and done you will have a happy customer who may buy again, your item to relist (in some cases it is automatically relisted), both you and your customer can leave polite and appropriate feedback, and eBay will get 30c for processing the failed transaction.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply