cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Restricted my account

Yesterday I checked my email and i had 40+ messages from Ebay that were the cancelation of my auctions. So I log onto my account and under messages it states that my account was restricted because it was linked to another account. I had no idea what they were talking about. So I called my oldest son who is computer savy and he said that today he contacted ebay to cancel his account because he could not do it. He said his account was restricted because of inventory mishaps on his part. He had to cancel orders for items that he didn't have to something of that effect. I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account. So he is coming over to help me talk to ebay to resolve this issue. I feel this is very unprofessional of a big company of ebay to not even make the effort to contact me. I am a disabled retiree and this money helps me out.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Ebay Restricted my account

@pantlandia wrote:

@nerdicaltees wrote:

Yesterday I checked my email and i had 40+ messages from Ebay that were the cancelation of my auctions. So I log onto my account and under messages it states that my account was restricted because it was linked to another account. I had no idea what they were talking about. So I called my oldest son who is computer savy and he said that today he contacted ebay to cancel his account because he could not do it. He said his account was restricted because of inventory mishaps on his part. He had to cancel orders for items that he didn't have to something of that effect. I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account. So he is coming over to help me talk to ebay to resolve this issue. I feel this is very unprofessional of a big company of ebay to not even make the effort to contact me. I am a disabled retiree and this money helps me out.

He did not call eBay to cancel his account. His account was suspended by eBay because he screwed up. Your accounts are linked by more than your last name. He stated you share a PayPal account and I have no doubts he has logged into this account from your place. I believe he also said he uses your address as a shipping address due to theft from his. Put all those together and you are a linked account. Sorry this happened to you I wouldn't put much hope in getting it resolved. 

Yes his account was restricted from selling over 18 months ago. He tried to get it resolved with no luck. being told by customer service different stories. He just wanted his account closed for good. As far as paypal there is no reason 2 people cant share it if I give him permission. He has never logged into my account. He does not have my password.

Message 46 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees wrote:

Yes his account was restricted from selling over 18 months ago. He tried to get it resolved with no luck. being told by customer service different stories. He just wanted his account closed for good. As far as paypal there is no reason 2 people cant share it if I give him permission. He has never logged into my account. He does not have my password.

Sharing a PayPal account means you had the same PayPal account linked to both of your eBay accounts. Your eBay accounts were linked. When one is suspended, any other linked accounts will soon follow.

PayPal is not the only way accounts are linked, FYI.

Message 47 of 73
latest reply

" He has never logged into my account. He does not have my password."

Your "son" HAS used THIS ID to post!

Click on your profile to see ALL posts.

He has also posted using his ID to state that he used his sister's account.

I can understand your defence of your son...my late mother & father supported my youngest brother every time he was jailed...even when he cleaned out their house while on parole.

Message 48 of 73
latest reply

@annindallas wrote:

Unless you're mother is into AC/DC and comic books.

And buying body-building supplements... Smiley Surprised

Message 49 of 73
latest reply

Maybe "Mom" is stashed somewhere, dead and Sonny is cashing those SSI checks. We had a case like that a few miles away. The body was sitting at the kitchen table...more of a husk, really.

Message 50 of 73
latest reply

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Message 51 of 73
latest reply

OMG - you hear about those things occasionally - but it still seems unbelieveable.

Message 52 of 73
latest reply

Busted.
Message 53 of 73
latest reply

Norman...

Message 54 of 73
latest reply

@wolf*song wrote:

Norman...

Thanks, that was I was thinking too - could not remember the movie (not much of a movie buff ), but thank you 😉

Message 55 of 73
latest reply

Mrs. Nerdicaltees,

Something doesn't make sense to me. You wrote,

" I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account."

Don't you mean, "Nothing else is linked to him"?

Message 56 of 73
latest reply

@annindallas wrote:

Mrs. Nerdicaltees,

Something doesn't make sense to me. You wrote,

" I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account."

Don't you mean, "Nothing else is linked to him"?

I would also like a clarification ... The above statement says that only the phone number is linked ... but ...

In this post (posted using the nerdicaltees account)

https://community.ebay.com/t5/My-Account/They-canceled-my-mothers-account/m-p/27118148#M53764

The "son" said:

"The onlything that is connected is Paypal and that is because we share a back (sic) account"

and

" I am under my account and it's attached to my mothers now. I bet it's because we have the last same name and address (I use my mothers address for shipping because I have had packages stolen). This is insane. I am going over there"

"Going over there" implies to me that the son is logged into the nerdicaltees account from his home.

And posted using the therealburg74 account to post, the "son" also said:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-shut-me-downfrom-selling-forever/td-p/27113166

"My account was restricted from poor seller preformance. // The rep told me I would be banned for 1 year. Until that time I used my sisters account. After 1 year I contacted Ebay and this rep told me it was a permanent ban and that I would never be allowed to sell on Ebay again."

And later in that thread says:

Holy **bleep**! My mother called me and told me Ebay just canceled all her auctions and she got a notice that it was because they said her account was linked to another one. They are talking about mine. We have the last same name so Ebay goes after my mother?  // My mother's account is her own. It's under her address, her bank info , her phone number, and her Email. "

The story isn't adding up ... and the sister and brother-in-law's accounts are probably next...unless the sister's account is realburg? I'm a bit confused on that point.

So .... which information is correct???

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 57 of 73
latest reply

Thanks for summarizing it Penguins.

The accounts are clearly linked in several ways, but OP is trying to back-track when it's called out to them.

Don't forget the GF's account that will be ruined next.

If she's smart she'll stop that before it happens.

Although, if he's been logging in from her computer or vice versa it may already be too late for her...

Message 58 of 73
latest reply

This may not be a joke. I am concerned for her.

Can you imagine sitting at your computer and pretending to be your parent speaking? Repeatedly? It's more than brazen.

I hope someone from ebay or the authorities contacts her.

What other things could a criminal do with someone's personal information?

Message 59 of 73
latest reply

There may be some truth mixed in all these threads somewhere, but at this point it's almost impossible to know where.   Once the story and characters started changing, you know the full truth isn't being told and they can't even keep track themselves.

Message 60 of 73
latest reply