cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Restricted my account

Yesterday I checked my email and i had 40+ messages from Ebay that were the cancelation of my auctions. So I log onto my account and under messages it states that my account was restricted because it was linked to another account. I had no idea what they were talking about. So I called my oldest son who is computer savy and he said that today he contacted ebay to cancel his account because he could not do it. He said his account was restricted because of inventory mishaps on his part. He had to cancel orders for items that he didn't have to something of that effect. I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account. So he is coming over to help me talk to ebay to resolve this issue. I feel this is very unprofessional of a big company of ebay to not even make the effort to contact me. I am a disabled retiree and this money helps me out.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Ebay Restricted my account

I just figured it out.

You're mother doesn't have an account. She doesn't sell on ebay. You used her information to establish the nerdicals account. 

Unless you're mother is into AC/DC and comic books.

Isn't that a crime? I wouldn't know, but that seems like a serious crime to me.

Message 31 of 73
latest reply

If your mom likes acdc she's ok by me

Message 32 of 73
latest reply

@wolf*song wrote:

Too many coincidences for this NOT to be "Paulie" posting

@wolf*song

It's not Paulie. As Fern noted above, Paulie already outed his other 2 IDs.

I would not be surprised if the OP in this case is her son posting under her ID.

@nerdicaltees

I'm sorry this happened to you, but this is your son's doing, not eBay's.

You won't receive too much sympathy on these boards because of your son's recent behavior and comments which have been referenced above.

Your best option at this point is to move to another selling venue.

I had a couple of friends whose accounts were linked because they used the same computer. One of then got suspended, then so did the other because of the link.

It took 3 years of calling at least 2x/month for them to sort it out with eBay, one of them staying suspended and the other's account being reinstated.

Message 33 of 73
latest reply

@dorskinny wrote:

If your mom likes acdc she's ok by me

For moms about to rock, @dorskinny?

Either way ... all of these restricted who made who accounts are on the highway to somewhere because of one person's dirty deeds, done.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 34 of 73
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

well played...

Message 35 of 73
latest reply

I would not be surprised if the OP in this case is her son posting under her ID.

I would be surprised if the mother even has an account.  The OP and the "son's" ID both sold the same t-shirts with same wording in titles.

It's the same person.  No matter whose name the accounts are in.

Message 36 of 73
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Yes, Paulie like, but I don't think this has anything to do with him.  I just looked up his new account and he still has his listings up and running.  He messed up posting last week with his new account ID at the same time he was claiming he didn't open a new account and wouldn't sell here anyway.  Once he realized what he had done, he quickly had the thread pulled.

I thought Paulie was contacting a lawyer and suing the pants off eBay?

Message 37 of 73
latest reply

Haha. If it is the son, reality has finally hit him; there is no place like eBay to sell your stuff. As the song goes, "you can check out any time you want but you can never leave". 

Message 38 of 73
latest reply

@annindallas wrote:

I just figured it out.

You're mother doesn't have an account. She doesn't sell on ebay. You used her information to establish the nerdicals account. 

Unless you're mother is into AC/DC and comic books.

Isn't that a crime? I wouldn't know, but that seems like a serious crime to me.

Liking AC/DC and comic books had better not be a crime, especially AC/DC.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 39 of 73
latest reply

Ebays customer service is horrible. They couldn't give me a direct answer. I am going to have to call them again in the morning.

@badwolf12 wrote:

@wolf*song wrote:

@wolf*song

@nerdicaltees

You won't receive too much sympathy on these boards because of your son's recent behavior and comments which have been referenced above.

I had a couple of friends whose accounts were linked because they used the same computer. One of then got suspended, then so did the other because of the link.

It took 3 years of calling at least 2x/month for them to sort it out with eBay, one of them staying suspended and the other's account being reinstated.

@badwolf12 wrote:

@wolf*song wrote:

@wolf*song

@nerdicaltees

@badwolf12 wrote:

@wolf*song wrote:

@wolf*song

@nerdicaltees

Message 40 of 73
latest reply

Sir,

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. My son is right here next to me and he showed me his posts. He only posted a few times. You make it seem he has nothing better to do to post on here while you have nothing to do then "troll" these boards as he says it.

@plumbingspecials wrote:

I'm not being rude.

You (or your son - whoever is posting from this account) have been here complainng for months how ebay is so unfair, blah, blah, blah...

But your 'son" didn't follow eBay rules, and now your "son" is ruining your account as well. Your "son" has been very rude on these boards. 

So, if I seem rude, I'm not. I'm blunt, because this has been going on for weeks, perhaps even months...

Message 41 of 73
latest reply

Stop focusing on my son! It's not about him. His posts had nothing to do with it. He contacted ebay and wanted his account closed personally. When they looked at it. The saw that he and I had the same last name. And Ebay just assumed he was using my account to back door them. This came from a rep who read all the noted on the account. Had nothing to do with his posts.

Message 42 of 73
latest reply

Me too. Thanks.

Message 43 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees wrote:

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. My son is right here next to me and he showed me his posts. 

That is not the whole picture. Certain posts are no longer visible due to their content.

A couple of calls to CS will not fix this for you. Your time would be better spent finding another venue and learning the policies before listing there. This advice is meant to be helpful, not dismissive of your problem.

Good luck.

Message 44 of 73
latest reply

What my son does is his business. Don't act like you are an angel. It amazes me how people on here act like saints.

Message 45 of 73
latest reply