cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Restricted my account

Yesterday I checked my email and i had 40+ messages from Ebay that were the cancelation of my auctions. So I log onto my account and under messages it states that my account was restricted because it was linked to another account. I had no idea what they were talking about. So I called my oldest son who is computer savy and he said that today he contacted ebay to cancel his account because he could not do it. He said his account was restricted because of inventory mishaps on his part. He had to cancel orders for items that he didn't have to something of that effect. I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account. So he is coming over to help me talk to ebay to resolve this issue. I feel this is very unprofessional of a big company of ebay to not even make the effort to contact me. I am a disabled retiree and this money helps me out.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Ebay Restricted my account

You might want to read this thread from another board if you want to know more of what the problem is.  As far as being rude goes, I feel badly for the situation you are in, but your son wished something on another poster than I won't even repeat.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/My-Account/They-canceled-my-mothers-account/m-p/27118279#M53771

Message 16 of 73
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@plumbingspecials wrote:

Paulie - 

You really need to get off this kick.

You screwed up, and now your account, and everyone who is associated to your account, has been shut down.

I hear there's a river where you can sell your shenanigans...

Don't think this is paulie.     Location is off.

Speaking of Paulie...............   no Paulie posts?????

Yes, I also question why they assumed it was Paulie as well.  I am sure a lot of disabled people sell here for extra money.

Message 17 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees wrote:

That's my son. He's not using my daughters ebay account. She wouldn't let him. In the end it's not about him. It's about me. Ebay should not be holding what my son did or said liable for shutting down my account. It seems like they are taking it out on me because they can't do anything to him. Very immature on their part.

Sorry but your son is the immature one. After his boastful and immature ranting here on this forum and towards eBay, I will bet money eBay will never let you guys back on eBay. You need to read his thread to understand why you will not be getting any sympathy here or from eBay. 

Message 18 of 73
latest reply

She can't all of it.

Message 19 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees wrote:

Yesterday I checked my email and i had 40+ messages from Ebay that were the cancelation of my auctions. So I log onto my account and under messages it states that my account was restricted because it was linked to another account. I had no idea what they were talking about. So I called my oldest son who is computer savy and he said that today he contacted ebay to cancel his account because he could not do it. He said his account was restricted because of inventory mishaps on his part. He had to cancel orders for items that he didn't have to something of that effect. I asked him why Ebay would even think we were linked. His only reason was his cell number was on my account for back up. I don't have a cell phone and he did help me set up my account. Other then that. Nothing else is linked to me. It's under my name, address, home phone, and bank account. So he is coming over to help me talk to ebay to resolve this issue. I feel this is very unprofessional of a big company of ebay to not even make the effort to contact me. I am a disabled retiree and this money helps me out.

He did not call eBay to cancel his account. His account was suspended by eBay because he screwed up. Your accounts are linked by more than your last name. He stated you share a PayPal account and I have no doubts he has logged into this account from your place. I believe he also said he uses your address as a shipping address due to theft from his. Put all those together and you are a linked account. Sorry this happened to you I wouldn't put much hope in getting it resolved. 

Message 20 of 73
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:

Paulie - 

You really need to get off this kick.

You screwed up, and now your account, and everyone who is associated to your account, has been shut down.

I hear there's a river where you can sell your shenanigans...

Lol- I don't think this is Paulie.

but Paulie- like.

Evidently Paulie-ism runs rampant.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 21 of 73
latest reply

I'm not being rude.

You (or your son - whoever is posting from this account) have been here complainng for months how ebay is so unfair, blah, blah, blah...

But your 'son" didn't follow eBay rules, and now your "son" is ruining your account as well. Your "son" has been very rude on these boards. 

So, if I seem rude, I'm not. I'm blunt, because this has been going on for weeks, perhaps even months...

Message 22 of 73
latest reply

He has access to different accounts (including his mother's, his sister's and his girlfriend's accounts)

If it's not Paulie, it's the tree he fell from.

He screwed up their ebay accounts, too... and everyone involved keeps blaming ebay. instead of blaming the person who got shut down in the first place.

Message 23 of 73
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:

He has access to different accounts (including his mother's, his sister's and his girlfriend's accounts)

If it's not Paulie, it's the tree he fell from.

He screwed up their ebay accounts, too... and everyone involved keeps blaming ebay. instead of blaming the person who got shut down in the first place.

Yes, Paulie like, but I don't think this has anything to do with him.  I just looked up his new account and he still has his listings up and running.  He messed up posting last week with his new account ID at the same time he was claiming he didn't open a new account and wouldn't sell here anyway.  Once he realized what he had done, he quickly had the thread pulled.

Message 24 of 73
latest reply

Not the same person,but just like in real life the names and faces will always change,but the mentality will remain the same. Sons gone Moms gone sister will be gone and probably a couple friends also it always kind of snowballs...

Message 25 of 73
latest reply

Ebay will restrict accounts associated by ISP log ins. If someone comes to your house and checks his or her account on a regular basis your account could be at risk. EBay will assume all accounts are linked and remove all associated accounts.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 26 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees wrote:

what made the accounts linked was our last name. Like I said. Everything is under my name. Not his. He doesn't live with me. It had nothing to do with who used who's computer. In fact my son just wanted his account canceld. This is when this whole mess started. They pretty much accused him of trying to use a back door. If that was the case he could just use his girlfriends info. Just have to wait and see what ebay says.

You (or your "son") have multiple threads on multiple boards over the past couple days about this issue.  With much conflicting information.  Is the name the only connection, or do you share a bank account and/or PayPal account, phone numbers, etc.?  Is he using his sister's account, or not?  Did he accidently sign in with your account, or are all posts on both IDs from the same person?

Maybe it's too many years on these discussion boards and seeing too many similar situations, but the cynical side of me says there are no sister/mother/son/girlfriend accounts.  They are all the same person trying to game the system and creating mythical family members both to circumvent the policies and to garner sympathy for the supposed innocent victims.

Whether the statements presented by the various IDs are accurate or not, the OP is done.  It is highly unlikely that anyone in this mess will be reinstated.  eBay has shut down accounts for much less or even non-existent connections.  They aren't going to bring back accounts that have so many clear and undeniable connections.

Message 27 of 73
latest reply

If you ARE his mother, and not his immature self posting as his mother, your son owes you an apology for getting you involved in his mess.  "Guilty by association"?  Sorry, I don't believe they said that.  Seems you qualified that statement preemptively when you said the call was on speaker phone.  As if you knew you'd be questioned on it.

Personally, I think this whole thread is a sham.  Too many coincidences for this NOT to be "Paulie" posting, unless his mother has the same terrible grammar and poor spelling skills he has.  I'm thinking this may be a case of the tree not falling far from the apple.

Immature, childish.  Grow up.  Oh, and good riddance.

Message 28 of 73
latest reply

@nerdicaltees wrote:

That's my son. He's not using my daughters ebay account. She wouldn't let him. In the end it's not about him. It's about me. Ebay should not be holding what my son did or said liable for shutting down my account. It seems like they are taking it out on me because they can't do anything to him. Very immature on their part.

I understand you are upset and with some reason but bad eBay sellers have a long history of trying to

• back door,
  • find loop holes,
  • give false info,
  • lie without any concern
  • never ship items
  • close accounts and open new ones
  • Take the paypal money and run

whatever you want to call it just to try and beat the system and continue to create less than desireable selling histories.  When buyers expereince these bad sellers they get mad at eBay for letting scammer sell on the site so eBay has to find a balance in this area and they have decided all linked account will suffer the same penalty.  The bad sellers in the past just went to a family members account and create the same problems so eBay has drawn the line in this position.

I am sorry you are experiencing this and it seems like you have to blame your son first not eBay.

Good Luck!

Message 29 of 73
latest reply

@wolf*song wrote:

If you ARE his mother, and not his immature self posting as his mother, your son owes you an apology for getting you involved in his mess.  "Guilty by association"?  Sorry, I don't believe they said that.  Seems you qualified that statement preemptively when you said the call was on speaker phone.  As if you knew you'd be questioned on it.

Personally, I think this whole thread is a sham.  Too many coincidences for this NOT to be "Paulie" posting, unless his mother has the same terrible grammar and poor spelling skills he has.  I'm thinking this may be a case of the tree not falling far from the apple.

Immature, childish.  Grow up.  Oh, and good riddance.

I used that exact term in her/his other post. Perhaps they think I'm eBay...

Message 30 of 73
latest reply