cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay steals more and more from sellers!

So, sellers, be careful! If eBay decides your “performance” is “below standard” you will be charged additional 6% of total value, adding up to 20%+ I total fees eBay will steal from your pocket! So, if you sell an item for $100, thinking that you will have to pay their claimed* 13% fee ($13) and you will be left with $87 - you are wrong! First of all, they will charge 13% of TOTAL Final amount, depending on taxes a buyer had to pay - let’s say a buyer paid $7 in taxes and $10 shipping charge (if you don’t provide free shipping) and TOTAL FINAL AMOUNT adds to $117 - it means that eBay will charge around $15, according to their policy. But, wait! If eBay decides your status is “below standard performance”, they will charge additional 6% from TOTAL FINAL AMOUNT! In our case it would be extra $7! $15+$7=$22

Ta-Da! Another way to steal money from sellers! So, we, as sellers should stop these practices somehow. 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: EBay steals more and more from sellers!

@joboffermaker wrote:

I DON’T provide poor  products, I respect my customers and always try to accommodate if there is a mishap! And look at my feedback - customers ARE HIGHLY SATISFIED with my performance, even if I have shipping delays due to having a full time job or other occasions. Again, it’s not fair to sellers like me to penalise them for what a computer script decides to do.

Does that mean your below standard rating is because you have too many late shipments? If that's the case, why do you not select a longer handling time on your listings, thereby eliminating your late shipping issue? eBay allows sellers to select handling times as short as same day, or as long as 40 biz days (nearly 2 months).

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

You are totally in control of your seller performance rating.  Seller Hub has a very clear dashboard of where/how you're falling short.  I watch mine like a hawk.  eBay is running a business, and they would be out of business if they were loaded down with sellers who can't deliver.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

So, customers are happy (according to my feedback), but for eBay “below standard” is anything lower 99%???? Common, wake up. I DON’T provide poor  products, I respect my customers and always try to accommodate if there is a mishap! And look at my feedback - customers ARE HIGHLY SATISFIED with my performance, even if I have shipping delays due to having a full time job or other occasions. Again, it’s not fair to sellers like me to penalise them for what a computer script decides to do. When you buy something anywhere, you as a customer look at feedback or reviews and make your decisions then. 

You are not understanding or not listening (or both).

Falling below standard HAS NOTHING TO DO with your feedback score.

BTW I wouldn't be bragging too much about a 97.8% score.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

.....Neutrals will now be considered as a negative against your account.....

@rugerskick "Neutral' would ONLY mean a 'Feedback' and 'Feedback' is NOT a measurable that is used by eBay and hasn't been for years.

When did THAT become a thing?? 

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

..... Let me put it in a simpler way for you - you go to store and a cashier tells you - “Hey, you are below standard and I will charge you extra for that!”

@joboffermaker 

What? Sellers are NOT 'charged' when they BUY something. Walking into a store, as a BUYER so that entire 'simpler way' is apples to rope. 

If you are a 'seller' in a store in the mall and get too many complaints, the management can tell you that you need to pay them 15% instead of 10% of sales until the complaints stop (as stipulated in the lease contract).  

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

So, we, as sellers should stop these practices somehow. 

Set up your own web site where you can make the rules.

Have a great day.
Message 36 of 37
latest reply

It factors into ebays search engine optimization algorithm and affects your item rankings.  Also if you get one the system will hold off on showing your items.  Many long term youtube resellers have stated they got one and then it was like ebay turned their store off/ shunted their traffic severely the next few days.

Further it will come into play if you start getting a number of them, deserved or undeserved.  It will negatively affect your account.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply