cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SHOULD BE SUED OVER "GOOD TILL CANCELLED !!!

I have a store.  Every month I modify my listings (including lowering the price) I DO NOT WANT ALL MY LISTINGS "WHICH I AM PAYING FOR !!!@" to automatically relist.

EBAY IS HORRIBLE !

Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: EBAY SHOULD BE SUED OVER "GOOD TILL CANCELLED !!!

No matter how much you try, you will NEVER be able to sue eBay. The law will say if you don’t like it, then leave. I’m frustrated with them too, but it would take years to get it to court and you will end up with a really high bill for your attorney. If you see a class action lawsuit, you “may” have a way, but truly I don’t think it would be worth it. I worked in legal for years and you have no idea how difficult it is to sue someone, not to mention this is a large corporation. I don’t mean to bust your bubble, but it won’t work. 

Message 61 of 74
latest reply

So I still haven't read exactly what people think anyone could sue over? The agreement says they can make changes. They are allowing people out of their store subscriptions. It's all well and good to keep saying Ebay should be sued but sued for WHAT?

I don't like the GTC change. All the FP listings I usually buy are now showing up as annoying auctions I keep forgetting to snipe.

The fact that it is a bad decision doesn't make it an actionable decision.

Message 62 of 74
latest reply

I believe it would go over as easy as it would be to sue a president? It’s a bad idea, period. Wasted energy.  I learned quite a long time ago, it’s their playground and if you don’t want to play, just leave. It does not make it right and I feel your pain. 

Message 63 of 74
latest reply

No, they are NOT allowing people out of their store subscriptions;...at least, I was not offered that option. In the past three weeks I have called three times, and each time, I was told that if I DID try to end my eBay store, that I WOULD have to pay an early termination penalty. So, if some sellers are/were getting that option to end their store without penalty, that certainly was not the case, with me.

Message 64 of 74
latest reply

I have a basic store and I was told when I opened it that there was no cancelation fee?

Message 65 of 74
latest reply

@cunberlandgapshop4you wrote:

I have a basic store and I was told when I opened it that there was no cancelation fee?

When you opened your store, were you given the choice of yearly or monthly renewal?

When I opened my starter store, I was given the option of monthly renewal ($7.95 per month) or yearly renewal ($4.95 per month).  With the monthly plan, I can close my store without penalty at the end of any given month. With the yearly plan, if I close the store during the yearly time period, eBay can (and probably will) charge an early closing fee.  Depends on what you signed up for.

Message 66 of 74
latest reply

It is a cash grab if ALL sellers that are running Fixed Price Listing's do not cancel their listings before they are automaticaly relisted on the 30th day. I chose a broad product line on E bay so see what kind of a cash windfall E bay could make each and every month.

Hardware items - across all categories

Total Listings 977,623

Fixed Price 965,676

Auction 14,027

If only  500,000 of the fixed price listings where canceled before the 30 day auto relist the rest 465,676 are subject to E bay fees of about $139,703  .30 cents per listing if none was canceled or sold $289,703

It will be definitely be a cash cow for E bay and this is only one product line.

Message 67 of 74
latest reply

I’ve never heard of that?

Message 68 of 74
latest reply

The above is hypothetical it does not take into account if the item is sold during the month,or is canceled for some reason,it was all an example of what E bay could rake in after an auto relist after 30 days there are probably more variables I did not take into account.
Message 69 of 74
latest reply

@sharp_edgeknives wrote:
The above is hypothetical it does not take into account if the item is sold during the month,or is canceled for some reason,it was all an example of what E bay could rake in after an auto relist after 30 days there are probably more variables I did not take into account.

You also didn't factor in that much of the Hardware Category has been GTC for years. Also for that Category many of the items are from sellers with Premium or Anchor Stores so they are not paying anywhere near 30 cents a listing (5 or 10 cents)

Message 70 of 74
latest reply

Jason,

it's not about getting free "stuff" (I'm assuming you mean listings). It's about hundreds of sellers' business models being flipped upside down by the fact that we now have to spend valuable time in our day BABYSITTING our listings to manually end them by day 30 if we don't want them to renew. There are MANY reasons why we don't want listings automatically renewing and MANY reasons that Sellers benefitted from choosing 30, 10, 7, 5, 3, and 1 day durations. 

Ebay took that control away from us and it is extremely frustrating. If you don't understand why, then that's your problem. 

Message 71 of 74
latest reply

This new change is nothing but a problem for me. Like many of us, we don`t want certain items be relisted if they don`t get sold in the first 30 days. I had to manually cancel over 100 such items this morning before being charged $35+ in listing fees. If we cancel earlier, we are not getting the 30 days we pay for initially. This is nothing but eBay trying to make money by forcing to relist. I personally will be listing much less now, as I don`t want to have a headache of canceling unsold within 29 days items.
Many buyers wait till last minute to make a purchase even on BIN listings, so both a seller and eBay are loosing money on those potential last minute deal.
To me personally, it is the worst and most inconvenient change eBay has ever done. I hope they will see that it is not working and put the timed fixed price back.
Message 72 of 74
latest reply

The best way is to pick up the phone and tell them what you think about this bad idea!!! And encourage other eBayers to do the same.

Message 73 of 74
latest reply

I do not have a store but I started listing 250 plus auctions and had no idea they were charging me .35 for each every month.  I called to complain and filed with Better Business Bureau and they will not even call me to discuss.  I have been a seller for over 20 years and have 100% positive feedback.  I cannot believe how they are treating us.  I am not the only one having this issue.  I do not want to pay .35 cents on an item that is 2.99 again and again.  I should have the right to not relist it.  I had to end over 200 auctions manually it took me hours.  This is so unacceptable on every level.  Very shady business tatics.  

Message 74 of 74
latest reply