cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY NOW A PART OF THE CANCEL CULTURE- JUST REMOVED BLACK AMERICANA VALENTINES DAY CARD LISTING

Just got a message from Ebay this morning saying they have removed one of my listings for offensive material.  Part of their updated policies for  "Offensive Materials" policy.  They removed a vintage Black Americana Valentines Day Card.  I guess I am just getting sick of these knee jerk reactions in our society.  New episodes of cartoons with  Yosemite Sam  won't  have guns anymore.  Elmer Fudd no longer has a rifle (how the hell are you supposed to hunt a rabbit without a gun?) Ha Ha.  Historical statues being torn down.  I get that there are some serious racial issues with our policing but do we really need to destroy our history?

Message 1 of 126
latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

Re: EBAY NOW A PART OF THE CANCEL CULTURE- JUST REMOVED BLACK AMERICANA VALENTINES DAY CARD LISTING

ohyesidid
Thrill-Seeker
you for got Paw Patrol. These things have nothing to do with racism
Message 106 of 126
latest reply

Re: EBAY NOW A PART OF THE CANCEL CULTURE- JUST REMOVED BLACK AMERICANA VALENTINES DAY CARD LISTING

@scstool wrote:

Didn't Nixon kick off the "Environmental Decade" in 1970 with the National Environmental Policy Act followed by the creation of the EPA? His administration created the Council on Environmental Quality. The Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act amendments followed. 

Yes, and my how the GOP has changed. 😒

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 107 of 126
latest reply

I just had three Aunt Jemima spice jars removed - Ebay forgets that African-Americans both buy and sell this material.
Message 108 of 126
latest reply

Ebay just cancelled all my Black Americana postcards.  It is a part of history and my customers were mostly Black Americans that were wanting a piece of their history.  Use to sell at The Rose Bowl Swap Meet in Pasadena, California.  One of my customers was Whoopi Goldberg.  I have an extensive collection of Black Postcards.  I brought my 7 albums to my father's doctor (who was black) a few years ago because she asked to see them.  She was amazed and said "these are so beautiful".  I understand that the cards are offensive to some people, so if you are offended move on - don't look, don't buy.  
So...War Items, are they allowed? Because a lot of people died in different wars.  Who decides what is offensive? These items are 100 years old, and although I don't promote bigotry, I do promote History and how we have grown from it.
Because I sell Black Americana Postcards that depict exaggerated features or even racial slurs, those are not my personal beliefs, but they are a part of History from that Era.  Where is everyone else turning to sell these items?

Message 109 of 126
latest reply

You forgot one....The maid/ housekeeper, in the Tom and Jerry cartoons.  😉

Message 110 of 126
latest reply

They did kill off Paw Patrol because it depicted police as good guys!  It will be next on here, it is already gone in the stores.

Message 111 of 126
latest reply

ohyesidid
Thrill-Seeker

We can see how well that is working out!

Message 112 of 126
latest reply

Although there was indeed some talk of ending "Paw Patrol" by the SJW crowd, that appears to have died out. It is still in production and airing on cable. Thank goodness, my 2 year old Granddaughter loves it.

YMMV

Message 113 of 126
latest reply

@ohyesidid wrote:

They did kill off Paw Patrol because it depicted police as good guys!  It will be next on here, it is already gone in the stores.

Paw Patrol was not cancelled - in fact it's going to be on the big screen as a feature next year.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 114 of 126
latest reply

i read about this months ago they banned all the old Americana   stuff that had anything to do with black people   .. am surprised they haven't banned selling power ranger  stuff yet    

Message 115 of 126
latest reply

Hi There...Same thing happened to me today.. Listed a postcard with a little black boy with a watermelon and it was removed for being offensive..So I go look at other Black Americana postcards and there are quite a few that were listed just like mine and not removed. Huh!  Also there are a number of postcards showing black people picking cotton..So I guess showing them slaving under the hot southern sun is not offensive...

Message 116 of 126
latest reply

@lakeoswegolaker wrote:

I guess I am just getting sick of these knee jerk reactions in our society.  

I wouldn't say that knee jerk reactions take over 150 years to start resolving.

Message 117 of 126
latest reply

I do not even know where to start with this.

Message 118 of 126
latest reply

Well, that did not make the MSM.

You win the internet today.

not sure what the prize is though.

Message 119 of 126
latest reply

ebay has always had a policy of removing offensive material. This is nothing new. 

Message 120 of 126
latest reply