cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EB Contradicts Selling Limits

I've always looked at the monthly limits to see HOW much I can list.  Now I have to look at the listing limits by amount.  This is so contradictory by Ebay  and again shows how it hasn't changed and updated it's algorithms and metrics in decades.  Still using the same-old metrics.

liawri75_0-1703813198234.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You're allowed to list and sell as many items in a month as your listing limit allows (which is 400), but only 250 of those listings will be free with your store level.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

can't see what you posted; just clearly state what your 'differences' are....

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay has always had limits on both the number of listings and to dollar amount of those listings. 

Limiting sellers by both those metrics has always made sense to me. 

I fail to see what the contradiction is. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don't see the contradiction.

I see you maxed out your 250 starter store.

You have 253 active.

You have had a total of 289. So you sold those or ended the listing for 36 listings.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Seems you don't quite understand how listing limits work, and/or are confusing listing limits with free insertions?

Can you clarify which part of listing limits you find contradictory?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I'm not seeing any contradiction here? You're allowed to list/sell 400 items in total per month. So far, you have listed/sold a total of 289, meaning you're allowed to list/sell 111 more items.

You have 250 free listings. You have used all of those up. Those are completely unconnected to your listing limits and have to do with what level of store you have/whether you have a store.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

SOOOOO....there's a difference between 250 FREE and then there's the NON-FREE listings?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You're allowed to list and sell as many items in a month as your listing limit allows (which is 400), but only 250 of those listings will be free with your store level.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I pay $21.95 a month and can list and list and not worry about a thing. 

I understand if you don't make that much a month....but if you could list 2000+ you probably would make $21.95 a month and list so much more. Just a thought.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply