cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dramatic Drop in Sales/Very Slow October 2018

Hi everyone, I have been having a regrettable October, with sales from 10/1 to 10/6 as abnormally slow, then a small spike in sales 10/7-10/9, then a sheer dive to 1 sale over the past 42 hours. I started a sale in all 4 of my eBay stores on 10/11 at 8:30am EST, with one purchase on 10/11 at 5:36pm EST. Yes I have 4 eBay stores, near 3000 total listings, close to 125,000 total available inventory items....and I’ve had a total of 4 sales in 3 days (including the 1 purchase in the past 42 hours). I’ve contacted eBay twice (once today and once yesterday) because this has not happened to my stores before. I generally have 6-12 sales a day as an average (all 4 stores combined), and I have followed slow times and higher selling times as usual ebbs and flows. Every promotion/sale I’ve started (10% off usually with combined shipping) has purchases being made with some consistency everyday. It’s now 2:30pm EST on 10/12, and again no purchases across all 4 stores. 

I feel like I seeing a deficit on eBay’s part here. They’ve assured me that my listings are visiable, I’m using the correct key words, I’m running promotions....and yet there is no explanation for the stunning drop in sales. 

Is anyone else seeing something similar? I’m very concerned....

Message 1 of 258
latest reply
257 REPLIES 257

Re: Dramatic Drop in Sales/Very Slow October 2018

No sales, to answer your question. It's been declining over the past year or so and it has finally grounded to a hault. I know what I am doing, factoring myself out of their greedy equation once and for all! 

Message 76 of 258
latest reply

Welcome to the new eBay!
Message 77 of 258
latest reply

I upgraded my store and it has almost killed my business. Or the timing is a coincidence. This has been going on for months for us and we were in the top 10% of beauty sellers in March a few weeks. Something's not right. I'm going to have to get a job to pay the mortgage.

Anita at ModelSupplies & DNAshopper

Message 78 of 258
latest reply

Are you sure you've been selling on ebay since 1990? That's quiet remarkable commitment to say ebay was not founded untill the 3rd of septemeber 1995

Message 79 of 258
latest reply

My bad. Meant to say 2000, not 1990. Still, 18 Years is a long haul. Ive seen alot of Good Times, and many Lulls. And its been mostly Lulls lately. Prolonged drops. The last 3 months, Ive had to pay most of my monthly fees, from my regular work check. 3 months straight. Never had that happen before, in all the years Ive been on. 

Message 80 of 258
latest reply

I'm getting 25 views per day on my Evil Cheese Ball.

Message 81 of 258
latest reply

Swiss, or Chedder? 

Message 82 of 258
latest reply

Nevermind. I saw it. Its chedder. Well, if you happen to get a bite on it, let me know. I have a few bags of snacks in the pantry. Id hate to give them up, but I could really use the $. 

Message 83 of 258
latest reply

I am in the same boat!! Been selling for almost 20 years & have never experienced this slow down...Yes what is going on?? Depressed & scared. Is it our politics?? which are really scaring me.

Message 84 of 258
latest reply

My sales have dramatically dropped to almost 0 especially this month and August was another bad one. I haven't changed anything, I don't know what is going on. This has been the worst in years

Message 85 of 258
latest reply

Very low sales for October and have come to realise what the old saying IT'S LIKE TRYING TO FLOG A DEAD HORSE means. 

Message 86 of 258
latest reply

Just tagging on the end here ...

I sell Pottery and Glass

September, October and November are my biggest months .. people adding to their Holiday Table pieces and replacing broken pieces ...

My sales have been in a tailspin since June ... I've never been a "big" seller, but my numbers have been consistent over the past 5 years with an average of 30 transactions per month (variable qty per transaction).

The numbers below are actual qty of items sold 2017-2018.  My $$ is even more dismal than what this shows because I have been running deep sales and taking any and all offers that don't lose me money just to try to get some sort of traction going.

2017-2018.jpg

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 87 of 258
latest reply

No they are definitly visible that can be confirmed. I have noticed a bit of a slow down as well. September was ok but the later part of september I noticed some irradic days. October 6th area is where it got very irradic. I did not use the promoted listing option but I tried it out a few days ago. This did not increase muchof anything other than one sale. I notice a lot of impressions but not a lot of clicks. People are there thats for sure. So who knows. The recession talk brings knots to peoples stomachs. The changes ebay has made could not be at a worse time. Ebay stock is not good. So IDK. The market can go up and down ebb and flow for so many reasons. But there are folks there. I am sure if you put a twenty dollar bill up for 5 dollars it would be gone in a second! lol I try not to fret to much, just have to ride these moments out. Secondary sales on other places will help when one is down. Good luck to everyone!

Message 88 of 258
latest reply

Had a very slow month myself, I do wonder if the economy and christmas approaching is causing this, sales are well down on the same time last year and with the same category of products, I hope people are just being frugal now and christmas will be better, but yes well down compared to October 2017

Message 89 of 258
latest reply

its those offer ups and let go apps i think
Message 90 of 258
latest reply