cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Have to Have a PayPal Account to Sell on eBay?

I know eBay has implemented Managed Payments.  I want to if a seller must have a PayPal account to sell on eBay?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

As soon as you're enrolled in Managed Payments, you no longer need a PayPal account for selling.

But it is useful for buying.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

With managed payments, paypal is not necessary but it is handy to have anyway.   You can use it to purchase shipping or buy things on ebay.   You can get a paypal debit card and use it to pay for your selling supplies such a bubble wrap, boxes, tape etc.  This keeps your ebay/paypal money separate from your other accounts.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Really?  Oh, well that simplifies things a good bit then.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

With MANAGED PAYMENTS money is deposited into your checking account so PayPal account is NOT required.  But I highly recommend you get PayPal account as you may need it to pay for printing of labels if you don't have enough "Managed Payments pending funds" available.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Are you required to buy/print labels on eBay?  I always bring my packages straight to the post office.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

No, but you can typically save money by printing them on eBay.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@strawberryfields2000 wrote:

Are you required to buy/print labels on eBay?  I always bring my packages straight to the post office.

No, you're not required to, but you'll have to front the shipping if you take it to the PO.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

rasinthsanda-0
Adventurer

Paypal useful for items buying.. not selling 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If you buy your labels thru ebay you will get ~10% discount over the post office counter price.   Also, the tracking number will be automatically uploaded and your buyer will get an email with the tracking number.  Unless you really like standing in line at the post office and making lots of new friends.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes, but ebay doesn't always offer every service, particularly the cheaper ones from Royal Mail. I use Collect+/Yodel for everything except international selling. I drop off locally - Cheap, reliable and always gets delivered and with tracking. Just my choice. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply