cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry I didn't ship it at the crack of dawn ...

I know, i know, it all just comes with the territory... but I'm still going to vent

If you buy something from me, don't start messaging me at noon the next day harassing me about shipping. ESPECIALLY when you have no reason 🙄 if you need it by a certain date, you should tell me before you purchase, and if you forget to, ok, I'll still work with you... but don't just be impatient for the sake of being impatient...

If you message me at noon the day after purchase asking when I'm gunna ship it, I'm gunna ask you why you're asking. I'm expecting an answer like "I need it by Friday as a birthday gift".

This ex-repeat customer (blocked) used to buy from me at 11p or midnight, and message me 12 hours later at noon. The conversation went like this ... every...single...time:

Buyer (12 hrs after purchase): Hey! We live like an hour apart, the item I bought should get here super quick!

Me: Yes sir.

Buyer: ... So when are you shipping it?

Me: *eye roll*

Please stop harassing me 🤣 

P.S. if it hasn't shipped by next day noon, it's usually because I'm in the process of packing it and it'll be out the door by end of business day.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Know the feeling, guy bought 4 fishing rods over night sent a invoice combined shipping request, I got 6 messages saying if I can't combine shipping please cancel, I was in bed.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

I can see it if you have same day handling time, but if not, that's definitely excessive.  I'd have blocked them too. Edit: Nevermind, I see you mentioned he was buying late at night.  That's really ridiculous then.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Hard to understand why so many buyers apparently do this.

When you're shopping, you see an estimated delivery date in the listing.  If that won't work for your purposes, birthday or whatever, then just don't buy it. Do people expect their goods to be teleported? Or have they mistaken an eBay seller for Amazon with a fleet of delivery trucks?

America, the Land Of Immediate Gratification Expected And Demanded.

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

I can see it if you have same day handling time, but if not, that's definitely excessive.  I'd have blocked them too. Edit: Nevermind, I see you mentioned he was buying late at night.  That's really ridiculous then.

I didn't even mention in my OP that I have 3 day handling set but ALMOST exclusively ship next business day.  (I'll eventually drop to 1 day handling, free returns and take the TRS+ badge and discount, but am waiting for certain personal life circumstances to change before I make that move.)  Anyway, I thought to myself about handling times when I wrote this and the "same day ship" thought you had crossed my mind too. Then I remembered this guy was always buying at like 11p or midnight, because he was always messaging me before purchase looking for addt'l discounts, then was harassing about shipment by the time I had barely just woken up.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Know the feeling, guy bought 4 fishing rods over night sent a invoice combined shipping request, I got 6 messages saying if I can't combine shipping please cancel, I was in bed.

Had someone buy something and then send me a cancellation request followed up with like 3 mile-long messages in a row over the span of an hour begging me to cancel the purchase and not ship it out "because I will just ship it back to you to return it if you ship it to me, even though you have no returns listed on your listing".

It was like a weekend evening when this took place, not normal business hours where you could even remotely expect a quick response to your message, but guy still found it necessary to send 3 demanding messages in a row because I hadn't responded quick enough.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

It's seriously mind-blowing.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

There needs to be some messaging to the buyer regarding handling time, ship date expectation.

It seems that the buyer sees estimated delivery but somehow can ignore or not see expected ship date.

I have 2-3 day handling time but I am often barraged with requests to "ship fast or when will you ship"  

I get just as many "when will you ship or ship fast" requests as I did when I had 1 day handling.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

The sun has already been up for awhile by 12pm noon where I'm at 😀

I had a buyer once complain to me that they saw I created the postage at 5am, but it didn't get scanned in until 10am. Uh, that's when my mail carrier comes to pick it up. He doesn't come at 5am nor is the post office open yet.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

There needs to be some messaging to the buyer regarding handling time, ship date expectation.

It seems that the buyer sees estimated delivery but somehow can ignore or not see expected ship date.

I have 2-3 day handling time but I am often barraged with requests to "ship fast or when will you ship"  

I get just as many "when will you ship or ship fast" requests as I did when I had 1 day handling.

The only solution to this (assuming the requests aren't sent by buyer at time of purchase) is to print a shipping label, or just mark "shipped" literally immediately following purchase. I know some sellers who print off labels within minutes of an item selling. I just can't do that... I handle all orders at once, on my own time, and don't do it piece meal as each order comes in. Besides, I've had an uptick in cancellation requests which has been mindboggling on it's own, I don't need to be printing off labels and then voiding them due to cancellations.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

The sun has already been up for awhile by 12pm noon where I'm at 😀

My curtains are still happily drawn shut, and I'm pleasantly sleeping, or trying to sleep as I attempt to ignore all the "ding" notifications from buyers asking when their items will ship!! 😂 

I try to do most of my eBay work late at night, it's when I can focus on power-listing and not be distracted by a barrage of eBay messages. LOL

@iamalwaysright wrote:

I had a buyer once complain to me that they saw I created the postage at 5am, but it didn't get scanned in until 10am. Uh, that's when my mail carrier comes to pick it up. He doesn't come at 5am nor is the post office open yet.

That's just absurd, LOL

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

To be fair, I can't set up combine shipping for fishing rods and the cart showed shipping was $90(only $25). But he was in my time zone so should have known I was probably in bed.

Also had my share of those emails too

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

It doesn't look like what you sell a buyer needs it the next day. LOL. 

However, my brothe -in-law has OCD and drives me nuts and it's not easy dealing with people who might have some type of mental disease. It goes with the territory of selling.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

I had a buyer leave feedback demanding that I cancel the purchase per their request.  That was done within 30 minutes of purchase. I was outside at that time gathering firewood, not at my computer. Cancel/refund the order was the 2nd thing that I did. Well, actually the 3rd thing. 1st was some disbelief profanity whirling in my head.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

There was an interesting post a few days ago from a buyer whose order was not yet actually late per the EDD, but he saw no tracking information and was worried.  He stated he really needed this item with several exclamation points.  It was a game.  From the amount of agitation he exhibited, I was sure it was at least a donor kidney.  

Message 15 of 38
latest reply