cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to pay ebay to give my inventory away????

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Do I need to pay ebay to give my inventory away????

@18704d

I do not purchase here. I am a seller only. This is a business account, and I do not list anything until I know my costs first.
It's really not a difficult concept.
Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

Here I figued that the OP was another victim of ebay's dispute policy tt says if the buyer complains and the seller doesn't refund them fast enough, ebay will do it for them.

And there are plenty of other sites with less fees than ebay.  I can sell 3 to 4 times more on another site than I do on ebay and still my ebay fees are more than theirs......And i pay to list on the other site.

Perhaps that's what they were getting at and not slow sales. Hard to say unless they clarify. 

Good job on the other E! 

Had a good 36 hours there yesterday.  Sold almost double there in 2 days than I did for a week here, and I had a reasonable week here.  But hey, all the naysayers can keep believing there is no traffic there and not cut into my buyer base there and stay here where all the problem buyers are.

It's the one site out of all the rest that I would say has decent traffic. Unfortunately, it's fairly niche and a lot of seller's items can't be listed there. 

I tried a few years ago with Vintage and Antique postcards. I lost my **bleep**. I ended up owing about $50 from listing fees that I couldn't recoup with sales. Oh well.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

pantlandia wrote:

It's the one site out of all the rest that I would say has decent traffic. Unfortunately, it's fairly niche and a lot of seller's items can't be listed there. 

I tried a few years ago with Vintage and Antique postcards. I lost my **bleep**. I ended up owing about $50 from listing fees that I couldn't recoup with sales. Oh well.

Some seem to have good luck on that site, others think that site stinks for sales!  Smiley Very Happy

Just another example of the difference among sites, sellers, their merchandise and it's presentation to the buyers, etc.

For myself, a site's only worth the time and effort expended if I sell profitably there.  It doesn't have to be less expensive to list on than eBay, or return the biggest profit... just be one of the ones I can count on for something. 

My fav is still eBay by quite a bit. 

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

If you live in New England the term is pocketbook for some reason

My grandmothers and aunt (Midwest born and bred) carried pocketbooks.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

@pantlandia wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

Here I figued that the OP was another victim of ebay's dispute policy tt says if the buyer complains and the seller doesn't refund them fast enough, ebay will do it for them.

And there are plenty of other sites with less fees than ebay.  I can sell 3 to 4 times more on another site than I do on ebay and still my ebay fees are more than theirs......And i pay to list on the other site.

Perhaps that's what they were getting at and not slow sales. Hard to say unless they clarify. 

Good job on the other E! 

Had a good 36 hours there yesterday.  Sold almost double there in 2 days than I did for a week here, and I had a reasonable week here.  But hey, all the naysayers can keep believing there is no traffic there and not cut into my buyer base there and stay here where all the problem buyers are.

I have one friend who manages to make a living there with her handcrafted stuff.  She's found a niche and is doing quite well in it.  However, I also have about a dozen friends who have tried but ended up having to give up because they were losing money on listing fees versus the amount they were actually bringing in through their sales.  It really depends on just what it is that you're selling, which is pretty much the same as eBay.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

yuzuha wrote:

I have one friend who manages to make a living there with her handcrafted stuff.  She's found a niche and is doing quite well in it.  However, I also have about a dozen friends who have tried but ended up having to give up because they were losing money on listing fees versus the amount they were actually bringing in through their sales.  It really depends on just what it is that you're selling, which is pretty much the same as eBay.

Exactly the same with a friend's daughter who does well there with hand knitted things.  But two other crafty friends couldn't make a go of it over there.  I mean, they couldn't even sell enough to cover their fees!  Smiley Surprised  They do pretty good here though.  I think some sites are better for some than for others.  We just find the ones that work for us and the merchandise we like to deal in.  It's eBay that tops the list for me.  

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

Hi. It appears to me you are making a good, solid effort here on ebay. I disagree that your listings need much work. They are not perfect and i believe there's always room for improvement but i don't think your listing style is holding you back significantly.

I'm very sorry you are not happy. Your sales seem steady. How are your views?  Is the problem you feel you must lower your prices to see any sales? A little more information would help me help you.

I would make the following changes: Don't post fuzzy pics. Include clear pics of jewelry marks. Repeat all details and keywords in your descriptions. It might seem redundant to do so, but it is necessary. Do you check completed listings to see what's selling in your categories? (And what's not selling too.)

Also, sorry about your post getting derailed by one of the inflammatory remarks of another poster. There is help here but we need your input and specific concerns in order to address your needs. I'll be watching for your reply. Sending good wishes to you for a profitable upcoming selling season.

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

Exactly the same with a friend's daughter who does well there with hand knitted things.  But two other crafty friends couldn't make a go of it over there.  I mean, they couldn't even sell enough to cover their fees!  Smiley Surprised  They do pretty good here though.  I think some sites are better for some than for others.  We just find the ones that work for us and the merchandise we like to deal in.  It's eBay that tops the list for me.  

Yeah, and it's not like my other friends who couldn't make it didn't have nice stuff!  I bought a bunch of their things myself.  They just didn't have the right things to attract consistent buyers, I guess.  A couple of them have moved on to doing local craft shows/art fairs and are doing pretty well there.  What they make and sell does well face-to-face but not so much online.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply