cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointment in Ebay

As an occassional seller with high quality items, I am disappointed that ebay has no way to talk with a customer service person.  It is clearly strickly a transaction business.  I needed to talk with someone--it did not, could not happen. Every step of the way I was blocked from speaking to a human being, only a robot. or directed to another page of documents to read and study.  Warning to future sellers--never expect any assistance from a  person.  I don't have time nor interest in reading through pages of documents, videos.  Why not set up a easy steps for occassional high end users who are not interested in a career selling on ebay.  

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Disappointment in Ebay

Unless your issue is very "account specific"

this forum is full of knowledgeable people....why not give it a try

most of us have already burdened ourselves reading "another page of documents"

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

Would you care to let some of help you?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

Hmm. It makes me wonder what the issue is. 

You sold one item on March 25 and the buyer's feedback indicates that she was pleased with it. 

I can't imagine what type of issue there'd be unless you think you were overcharged in fees. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/ebay— Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.

A Chat is not speedy, because the agent will take time to research your problem and find the appropriate policy that covers it.

And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

BTW, if it is fees, many sellers don't understand that fees (including Promoted Listing fees) are charge on the Buyer's ENTIRE PAYMENT not on the simple purchase price.

That means on price, shipping, taxes, optional promotions etc.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

@rudeh-7551 

My guess is eBay is holding your funds because you are a infrequent seller.  eBay is no longer the platform for sellers to sell and dash.  

New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer.  The funds are also held in the event of a return filed (MBG) Should the customer decide to return the item, the funds are there to refund the buyer.

It will go quickly.  Congrats on your great sale!

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

This is the way of the future. Most large corporations have all done away with customer service reps. Why pay staff when an automated system can also do the trick and make more millions for the CEO's. This is not relegated to eBay, most other online platforms, most companies in general, most national banks, most major anything, no one to actually speak with= all automated. Bots, everywhere. Now they use social media and customer forums. Just imagine how it will be ten years from now....

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

Their funds are probably being held.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

Usually you can reach a rep using Facebook.  I wouldn’t trust phone reps for much anyway. 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

@rudeh-7551 wrote:

As an occassional seller with high quality items, I am disappointed that ebay has no way to talk with a customer service person.  It is clearly strickly a transaction business.  I needed to talk with someone--it did not, could not happen. Every step of the way I was blocked from speaking to a human being, only a robot. or directed to another page of documents to read and study.  Warning to future sellers--never expect any assistance from a  person.  I don't have time nor interest in reading through pages of documents, videos.  Why not set up a easy steps for occassional high end users who are not interested in a career selling on ebay.  

Why do you think you should get any form of special treatment compared to any other seller on ebay?

You became am member like all other members... EVERYONE IS required to read ebay policies and the user agreement.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

@janet9988 wrote:

@rudeh-7551 wrote:

I don't have time nor interest in reading through pages of documents, videos.  

Why do you think you should get any form of special treatment compared to any other seller on ebay?

You became am member like all other members... EVERYONE IS required to read ebay policies and the user agreement.

I didn't take what they said as wholesale dismissal of needing to know the policies and user agreement.  I pictured the scenario I've been in countless times, where I had a very specific question and couldn't find the answer even after reading many pages.  It's frustrating to waste that much time.  eBay's terms and policies are insanely vast, very poorly organized, some topics have multiple separate pages on them (which sometimes CONTRADICT each other), and despite the glut of information, pretty often there is no written answer to question one has.  In some cases they withhold the info for good reason, like how many times a member can get away with ________ without consequences, but in other cases apparently nobody thought to write a stated answer.  

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

Thumbs up just for having a reasonable reaction to your problem, scope-wise.  How refreshing to see understandable disappointment expressed with the word "disappointed" as opposed to purple passion hyperbolic rage, LOL.

And I echo the 2 great pieces of advice you were lucky to get early in your replies: come here for help and you'll probably get it, and when that fails use the (Facebook) Ebay For Business approach.  -Believe it or not it's better than what you would get on the phone anyway.  

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

this is why Ebay is ranked worst in customer service of any big company

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

@ryanrobyn 

They're tied with AT & T...horrible!

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Disappointment in Ebay

@fern*wood wrote:

Usually you can reach a rep using Facebook.  I wouldn’t trust phone reps for much anyway. 

FB reps are often bots, unless they have to look up something on your account. I had a couple questions to ask and the bot regurgitated in seconds verbage from their website (which I can read myself, I wanted someone to interpret it for me, since it's vaguely written and open to interpretation).

Even my human interpreter couldn't understand one of their policies. I was told it means whatever they want it to mean when they're ready to enforce it. Adding a word to the policy would have made it clear, but it's vague so that I wouldn't be able to tell if I'm violating it or not.

C.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply