cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you get the "10 item certain categories no FVF" promo? Not working?

I relisted using sell similar and changed up an item in the Glass &Pottery category, and the listing was taken out of my Free 50, rather than my bonus 10. I listed it as a 7 day auction. I've reread the description of the promo, and am not seeing where I went wrong. Any suggestions?

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Did you get the "10 item certain categories no FVF" promo? Not working?

I did activate and the offer was shown for a few days but is now not showing.  I just started saving screen shots when I activate offers since I had to call about a previous offer and I was told I never activated--though I know I had.  Looks like now I have to save a screen shot of the myebay page too!

Message 61 of 81
latest reply

Just realized that I read the promo wrong I thought they had to sell by the 12th so I did auctions--which I usually don't do. 

The last promo I had a problem with had the sell by date and that's what throw me here.  I guess I will just have to read a couple times and screen shot.

Message 62 of 81
latest reply

@tiger7eye wrote:

I just got a promo for 100 free listings, expiring 10/12. May not be connected, though, and not nearly as valuable as no final value fees.

In the topic list, this topic is marked with a tiny ebay logo, anybody know what that means?

The ebay logo means an ebay rep has replied within the thread.

Message 63 of 81
latest reply

Most ridiculous promotion ever!!! Accepted it. Tried to list. Supposed to be good from 10/4/17 until 10/12/17....but now it is missing altogether. It was clearly, a game. 

Message 64 of 81
latest reply

Oh, that is how they wanted you to play the game. It all makes sense, now.  Thanks

Message 65 of 81
latest reply

I DID activate it. Supposed to run until the 12th. Now it is gone. Maybe they realized how inane it was.
Message 66 of 81
latest reply

Mine disappeared AFTER activation
Message 67 of 81
latest reply

Mine also disappeared after activation.  I also had unsold listings disappear, as someone else mentioned in message 37.  

Message 68 of 81
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
I see that ecommercebytes has now covered this topic on their site. They usually get the info from these boards. It was Friday an ebay rep asked for the link to link into this. I know all here would appreciate an explanation. As a 24/7 website I thought we'd hear something by now.

It's ironic the OP was concerned about the listings being taken from their 50 Free and here it ends up being taken away completely!
Message 69 of 81
latest reply

@kathieskorner wrote:

First of all this is a final value fee promo - nothing to do with listing fees.    Any listings made during the promo period will count against your 50 free listings

Secondly,  the promo is only good for items listed AND SOLD during the promo period 10/4-10/12.    The used number will only reflect items sold and will remain at 0 used until an eligible item sells.   In fact, I think you can list any number of items during the promo period that will be eligible for the free FVF but only the first 10 that sell by Oct 12  will count.    This is not clearly spelled out in the promo - I am only going by how similar promos worked in the past. 

This is generally  how it works.

Message 70 of 81
latest reply

tyler@ebay

Do you have anything to report on this promo and if ebay is honoring it for those who received or activated it?
Message 71 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@auctionpet wrote:
tyler@ebay

Do you have anything to report on this promo and if ebay is honoring it for those who received or activated it?

Hi @auctionpet, I see tyler@ebay sent an email looking for a specific URL related to this promotion? If you have this, we can dig deeper into this promotion issue, no problem!

Message 72 of 81
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@auctionpet wrote:
tyler@ebay

Hi @auctionpet, I see tyler@ebay sent an email looking for a specific URL related to this promotion? If you have this, we can dig deeper into this promotion issue, no problem!

@Anonymous

Hi, I supplied the link on Friday within this thread. Here it is again.
http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2017/1004/nycc.html

Hope you can help!

Message 73 of 81
latest reply

I don't know about you, but mine have magically appeared once again.☺

Message 74 of 81
latest reply

Yes!  Mine is back now too.

Message 75 of 81
latest reply