cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in eBay Emails

Why are eBay not sending immediate email notifications of sales? I've sold items over a day ago and eBay emails are coming through too late to meet delivery times. Seems as though only Paypal paid items are showing up with emails notifications but nothing from eBay.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Delay in eBay Emails

Even this message is dated 24 hours late. The Australian eBay site must currently be dysfunctional.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I had a couple from late Friday that didn't show up until tonight and a few on Saturday morning that were delayed by a few minutes. Everything else arrived as it should. Ending notices and new listing notices all arrived normally so I suspect a small portion of their email systems had a bit of trouble dealing with the volume on Friday.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I'm having that problem since yesterday. The payment email came through, but the ebay one didn't get here until 2 am today on one of my sales

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The Ebay message system, from time to time, may not deliver messages promptly.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@waddingtonfirstaid wrote:

Why are eBay not sending immediate email notifications of sales? I've sold items over a day ago and eBay emails are coming through too late to meet delivery times. Seems as though only Paypal paid items are showing up with emails notifications but nothing from eBay.

It's been happening all day. I've thanked three customers just because I've noticed a sale on my account. The message is coming hours later.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Never rely only on eBay correspondence to your email. You have to log into eBay every day when you have something listd for sale. Every. Single. Day.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:

Never rely only on eBay correspondence to your email. You have to log into eBay every day when you have something listd for sale. Every. Single. Day.

Roger that.   No emails today,  bunch of sales.  

Cha-Ching is still happening 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

This has been happening to me for the last week for just about any eBay related email.

If I sell something, I get email notifications hours later. If I buy something, the same thing happens. If I send a message to a seller or buyer and they respond, I get notified by email several hours later.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Same here. Only time I know if I sold something is if I get a paypal payment, or if I have ebay site open, if the bell up top has notifications (those seem to be current, email system is still sometimes 3 days late on an event)
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Today, 3/9/18, I received an Ebay sale notification email. The problem is that the sale actually occurred on 3/5/18 and the buyer has already received the item. When I saw the email, I panicked thinking that somehow the item had been relisted and sold again.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

soooo annoying. I get a message of a sale. Get excited. NOPE. Sale from 2 days ago. THis has been happening for quite awhile now.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Exactly!! I spent 10 or 15 minutes yesterday looking for an item I sold and was about to panic only to realize the message I received was 5 days old and the item was already shipped and had probably arrived at the buyers location.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

<me too>

Same here ... I don't depend on emails at all, but do depend on notifications via my smartphone. Mobile notifications are coming as late as 8-10 hours after the sale, sometime duplicates or new notifications mixed with already answered messages. I had chalked it up to their generally horrible Mobile App. It's a good thing I'm usually working on listings on my desktop and see the "You need to ship" on the eBay site.

</me too>

{sigh} ... ship by Tuesday March 13th glitch, now this persistent late notifications glitch ... what's next?

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I stopped depending on their e-mails and always go straight to my PayPal accounts to check for sales. My stamps account will upload everything, too
Message 15 of 15
latest reply