cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default wins why does ebay reward buyers who lie and file false snad claims

why does ebay reward buyers that are so 1000% wrong about something they bought .

yes its all good as i kept my money but still at same time i feel the need to vent a little bit !  in a way a bad buyer just got over on all of us sellers and ebay too because they just taught that that lying scam artist bad buyer he can make a mistake like he did, file a false claim get his money back and get to keep the item too

for reasons i will not give all the details but buyer was totally wrong in every way  all kinds of **bleep** lies the buyer said in messages and snad dispute. really so much that the rep knew in like 30 seconds the buyer was lying about the false snad claim.

buyer buys 1 brand of a item that was very clearly described in the title description etc but expecting it to actually fit  on another brand of the item when the 2 different brands of items are not compatible together.  also the 2 different brands never even made the exact same item  but the buyer insists they did and that they are compatible together. lol such **bleep** as thats not even possible because both brands did not make the same item, but only in the buyers mind they did

he made the mistake all on his own , he bought the wrong item and then lies about it and trys to blame me for his stupdity in buying the wrong item

why does ebay reward lying scamming bad buyers for ? why not just deny thier fake false lying claims ? probably yes but are they really that desperate for buyers that even bad buyers who lie like a dog are still wanted on the site.

all they do is cause problems in the future because they been taught and rewarded by ebay to file a false claim when they make a mistake that they own.

at  least ebay did not reward the buyer from my pocket like a lot of false snad claims do turn out for sellers.

the bad buyers on ebay hurt everyone including other buyers too

bad buyers who lie file false claims are bad for everyone including ebay too so why keep them on the site for.  this bad buyer cost them $29

Bill Cobb describes critics as just 'bad sellers'.

JD Hoe describes critics as just 'noise-makers'.

So... business as usual. At least for the Ebay CHEERLEADERS and board of directors.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Default wins why does ebay reward buyers who lie and file false snad claims

why does ebay reward lying scamming bad buyers for ? why not just deny thier fake false lying claims ? probably yes but are they really that desperate for buyers that even bad buyers who lie like a dog are still wanted on the site.

Just some factors...

1. Ebay does not like bad publicity involving buyers.  See United Airlines for bad publicity.

2. Ebay does not like to train buyers to be better scammers.  Believe it or not.  Ebay does take a harder line when the values are higher and the buyer presents a screwy claim.  A denied buyer has learned a lot about how not to be denied next time. A coddled buyer has unrealistic expectations of the future.

3. Ebay does not wish to encourage sellers to create tricky listings.  I'm sure your listing was not tricky, and very, very few are these days. Because they just don't work.  If tricky listings started to work, we'd see them become common.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Ebay is a third party.

They do not see the item coming or going.

In a he said / she said situation they do not know for sure who is telling the truth or who is lying.

So like most retail businesses, the buyer is king.

And yes like most others, ebay will try to cultivate a buyer at pretty much all costs, until or unless they become a headche for them.  That is why it is important to report them to ebay.  If they get enough of them, buyers will lose their buyer protection, and/or their account.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

"They do not see the item coming or going." in this case they really did not need to see the item coming or going because the buyer bought a item that was made by  1 company another brand that is not compatible at all with the other brand and was expecting a item that was never made by another company brand

"In a he said / she said situation they do not know for sure who is telling the truth or who is lying."  in this case they really could tell by what the buyer said in the messages and the false snad claim they filed. these cases like this is why i do not offer returns as you can win false claims .

in 13 years over 100, 000 items sold i have never lost any claims snad or inr thats been filed lol that kind of record is very hard to find yet knock on wood.  if i offered returns it would be automatic return accepted for any reason. at least i can still win a claim if no returns are offered.

sorry but if a buyer makes a mistake its all on him and i am not going to lose money over the buyer making the mistake and then lying like a dog about it. if i actually make a mistake then i will take care of it . but forced returns for asny reason and lost money for any reason is just not for me ! no returns work for me

So... business as usual. At least for the Ebay CHEERLEADERS and board of directors.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

"Ebay does not like to train buyers to be better scammers." 

lol they may not like to train buyerswink

slight_smile  but in reality thats what they do when they reward lying scammers by paying the buyer off  like in this case. he got his money back and got to keep the item too. so they just taught this bad lying buyer a lesson on how to get stuff for free

sure i got to keep my money which is a good thing but still its aggravating to me that they paid off the buyer

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

If you already had all the answers why did you post the question? Smiley Wink

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@gonetoycrazy wrote:

"They do not see the item coming or going." in this case they really did not need to see the item coming or going because the buyer bought a item that was made by  1 company another brand that is not compatible at all with the other brand and was expecting a item that was never made by another company brand

"In a he said / she said situation they do not know for sure who is telling the truth or who is lying."  in this case they really could tell by what the buyer said in the messages and the false snad claim they filed. these cases like this is why i do not offer returns as you can win false claims .

in 13 years over 100, 000 items sold i have never lost any claims snad or inr thats been filed lol that kind of record is very hard to find yet knock on wood.  if i offered returns it would be automatic return accepted for any reason. at least i can still win a claim if no returns are offered.

sorry but if a buyer makes a mistake its all on him and i am not going to lose money over the buyer making the mistake and then lying like a dog about it. if i actually make a mistake then i will take care of it . but forced returns for asny reason and lost money for any reason is just not for me ! no returns work for me

Then ebay is not for you nor pretty much all 3rd party venues.

Here ebay's return policy trumps yours and if you do not accept returns buyers are just going to lie, file SNAD, and return it anyway.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

"Then ebay is not for you nor pretty much all 3rd party venues." not all 3rd party sites operate ebay and some others do. LOL sometimes i already think ebay is NOT for me but if i quit right now when ebay still works for me on how i operate then  i would be stupid

"Here ebay's return policy trumps yours and if you do not accept returns buyers are just going to lie, file SNAD, and return it anyway." if you accept returns you accept returns for any reason buyers remorse mistakes etc  and i do not play that stupid money losing buyer return for any reason game. i have never offered returns and never will. and after all therse years i have never lost a claim yet, plenty have tried but really i have never lost any actual claim filed yet by a buyer. just how many larger sellers can say that huh ?  maybe some luck there but fact remains no returns works for me and i am not going to ever accepts returns for any reason . i am not walmarts target toys r us and returns for any reason means i lose money.  because of stupid bad buyers who do not know what they are buying no matter how well i describe the item, who have false expectations etc . thats all on them. they own thier mistake so now they own the item too . i myself as a buyer do not blame the seller if i make a mistake and do not expect the seller to lose money because i made a mistake

i have made one refund in 13 years without a claim actually being filed and i took care of that buyer with a complete refund and let him keep the item

when the day comes that ebay forces it on every seller is the day i will quit along with many other sellers too

yep buyers will file and LOSE thier false claim too

like this lying bad buyer he only got his money back because its cheaper to pay him off like ebay did out of thier pocket

i did not lose my money and thats what counts

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@gonetoycrazy wrote:

"Then ebay is not for you nor pretty much all 3rd party venues." not all 3rd party sites operate ebay and some others do. LOL sometimes i already think ebay is NOT for me but if i quit right now when ebay still works for me on how i operate then  i would be stupid

"Here ebay's return policy trumps yours and if you do not accept returns buyers are just going to lie, file SNAD, and return it anyway." if you accept returns you accept returns for any reason buyers remorse mistakes etc  and i do not play that stupid money losing buyer return for any reason game. i have never offered returns and never will. and after all therse years i have never lost a claim yet, plenty have tried but really i have never lost any actual claim filed yet by a buyer. just how many larger sellers can say that huh ?  maybe some luck there but fact remains no returns works for me and i am not going to ever accepts returns for any reason . i am not walmarts target toys r us and returns for any reason means i lose money.  because of stupid bad buyers who do not know what they are buying no matter how well i describe the item, who have false expectations etc . thats all on them. they own thier mistake so now they own the item too . i myself as a buyer do not blame the seller if i make a mistake and do not expect the seller to lose money because i made a mistake

i have made one refund in 13 years without a claim actually being filed and i took care of that buyer with a complete refund and let him keep the item

when the day comes that ebay forces it on every seller is the day i will quit along with many other sellers too

yep buyers will file and LOSE thier false claim too

like this lying bad buyer he only got his money back because its cheaper to pay him off like ebay did out of thier pocket

i did not lose my money and thats what counts

Then you have been incredibly lucky.  Buyers do not have to work it out.  They do not even have to contact you.  They can simply file SNAD, and you have to refund.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

"Then you have been incredibly lucky." yep but i have but i never lost any actual claims filed !

"Buyers do not have to work it out." thats correct no they do not have to do anything .

"They do not even have to contact you." thats correct and most buyers do not contact you 1st  btw fyi thats 1 thing that some anchor store cs reps have told me on the phone that can sway thier decision in my favor as some reps do believe that if a buyer goes straight to dispute without contact 1st that the problem may the buyers issue and nothing wrong with the item or that i did wrong

"They can simply file SNAD, and you have to refund." thats really quite simply not 100 % true in all snad cases filed. a seller can win them  but not so much if they offer returns

i have had around 6 or 7 false snad claims in last 3-4 months alone and the buyers  have all  lost thier claims. just once recently in last month 3 buyers in 2 days lost thier false claims.  1 default snad win and 2 snads outright closed in my favor with no refund or return. btw when those 3 buyers filed with paypal , paypal backed those up in my favor too .

really you can win snads.  i have won over 100 of them in the past few years.

if you have non tricky listings that clearly spell out what you are selling with very several helpful in winning disputes types of disclaimers you can win but you cannot be a pushover type person either. you have to be hardnose headstrong about it. returns for just any reason at all is not for me . if a buyer makes a mistake and they eat it, not me. doubtful but just maybe there mistake will teach them not to make that mistake again. yep i do block every buyer that gives me a hint of a problem i do not want to do business with them now or again ! proactive blocking before they buy is the best way to avoid problem buyers. to me no sale is better then a problem sale

of course if you offer returns its much harder to win them.  because then the buyer can return the item for any reason even if they were stupid and bought the wrong item/brand. for me no returns is only way to go if you want the ability to fight snads. really so far it works for me !

i am in no way a ebay cheerleader but when it comes to claims filed on me by buyers  they ebay/paypal have done good by me . and when they lie like a dog in thier messages or the dispute page and get caught they do sometimes outright lose thier claims

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

"If you already had all the answers why did you post the question?"slight_smile because i do not have all the answers to ebay or to life either for that matter ok

sunglassesand i just need to vent a little bit too

that stupid buyer was just totally making up stuff about the item that was in no way correct or true. plenty of good buyers still on ebay but the bad stupid lying buyers are getting out of control anymore. it does not make me happy when buyers lie like a dog and try blaming me for thier mistakes

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

why does ebay reward lying scamming bad buyers for ?

ebay does not want to lose their business. False SNAD allows ebay to keep all the fees.  Though no seller likes to be basically  "called a liar"  by a buyer who files a phony SNAD, ebay now expects you to fund the return shipping as well, and even if messages prove otherwise you are still going to suffer for not working it out with the buyer i.e. paying them off one way or another.   It was even suggested by an ebay staff poster here that these  buyers are not liars, but "merely made a mistake in choosing the reason for the return."   Read carefully (the underline is mine).

While I understand that the buyer's claim is something you described accurately in the listing, there is no option to change the claim reason once it is opened and, if you have a return policy, you are still expected to take a return. You do have the option of escalating this to us and we would authorize the return at the buyer's cost, however, this would result in a case closed without seller resolution strike. In instances where a buyer opens a return for the wrong reason, we ask that you take ownership of the transaction and work with them on a return as well as cover the cost of return shipping to provide the best experience possible for your customer. Sometimes customers make mistakes and, just like in a brick and mortar store, creating positive and memorable experiences is the ideal resolution.

Never never never as a seller use the buttons that "escalate the case".   It will be an auto lose, and also get the strike.  You will have to call customer service for this.  If they return shipping is high enough for a phony snad,  might be better to "take the strike" than to be out the cash.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@gonetoycrazy wrote:

"If you already had all the answers why did you post the question?"slight_smile because i do not have all the answers to ebay or to life either for that matter ok

sunglassesand i just need to vent a little bit too

that stupid buyer was just totally making up stuff about the item that was in no way correct or true. plenty of good buyers still on ebay but the bad stupid lying buyers are getting out of control anymore. it does not make me happy when buyers lie like a dog and try blaming me for thier mistakes

M-kay.. It appears you're not done yet...

Venting I mean... 

You could have vented & allowed others to commiserate & have compassion for you.

Instead you got defensive with them.. We (collectively) are NOT the enemy.. 

Lastly, if you've "won 100 SNAD cases the last few years" something's wrong.

100 SNAD cases won or lost is TOO MANY! 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

"M-kay.. It appears you're not done yet...

Venting I mean... " nope i could vent for hours if i had the time

"You could have vented & allowed others to commiserate & have compassion for you.

Instead you got defensive with them.." >??????????? hmmm defensive huh not really sure what you mean

"We (collectively) are NOT the enemy.. " never said you was

"Lastly, if you've "won 100 SNAD cases the last few years" something's wrong.

100 SNAD cases won or lost is TOO MANY! "

LOL yea something is wrong with the number of bad buyers on here anymore the number of bad and non paying buyers have increased ever since the took negative fb  for buyers away

its not my listings for sure and if thats defensive so be it

but its not me or my listings that are very 1000% clear on what you are buying . some people really are just to too stupid with no brain cells left in thier head to comprehend what they are reading or what shows in the pictures. sometimes i wonder how those clueless people even remember how to breath LOL  if you only knew what i put up with. the totally false expections and other the stuff some clueless people think when looking at my items

you could not make my listings any clearer. they are not misleasding deceptive at all in any way with many disclaimers and text that tells them exactly what they are buying.  they are not 1 paragraph or less descriptions and my titles are very clear as to whats being sold. my pictures are large very easy to see but some people are just totally stupid

trust me i make it very clear what they are buying and i still get really stupid idiots thinking they are buying something that they are not buying ! they do not read comprehend or look at the large clear up close pictures i provide and then blame me because they did not understand what they was buying

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

btw fyi i do have 100 % fb too with 5.0 item as described and rest 4.9 dsr's 

i do not offer returns and it works for me

i am a good seller but i do not bendover for anyone if i could only post some of the questions i get asked or the cases i won here without giving away my selling id  you would know about why i cannot stand stupid buyers who lie steal scam just because they can. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply