cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear eBay Website personnel

Dear eBay,

I'm trying a little note here, on the community board, because the calls, don't seem to be getting anywhere.  Please review:

1.  I would like eBay ad a SEPARATE handling time that I'm able to change for international orders!  

I will not use the one I have,  it'll take me off the Top Rated Seller status.  I would like you add a separate one.  (Please see photo)

2.  I would like eBay to  put back the 'END LISTING' link on active ads.  This way I don't have to go into seller hub, or sell, to do this.  It's called time saving.  As in my case,  I have many items up for sale, I can just complete my task at the ad site, as, it once was that way.  (Please see photo)

Thank you,

License2diva
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Dear eBay Website personnel

@license2diva wrote:

d-k_treasures

This isn't about the same amount of time it takes to wrap and post a package.  I can do that, also.  I've been selling for quite a while now.   It's about the time frames for buyer protection.  They are the same time frames as, US mail.  I personally, can't guarantee the mail will get to Norway or Sweden at the same rate, it'll get to Kentucky.  That's why I would like a different handling time for international.  If the buyer opens a case within the same as domestic time frames, the seller MUST reimburse the buyer.  And it's not fair for the seller to accept the same shipping terms as domestic.  Now, when the package gets to the destination at a later date, the seller is just out of luck.  The seller can ask for the money back, but, the buyer doesn't have to pay.  There's the ebay global but it's very expensive for the buyers and I understand when they'd like to buy from my shipping prices.  BUT, that doesn't mean that eBay can't provide a seller with extra time frames for protection.  Ebay can't monopolize the shipping market at only, their discretion.  

The ad is addressed to eBay personnel, whether they see it our not, it's been published for further issues.  

as long as the item made it to KY,  INR is paid by GSP, not the seller:)

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

The handling time gives the seller extra time for the package to arrive in its destination country. If a seller ships out a package on same business day, but your ad states, 5 days handling time for international; that'll give you 5 extra days shipping time for the package to arrive in its destination country. It'll give 5 more days or however long the seller commits, in order to give time to outside carriers. Which may mean the difference of cases opened, in which may have to be reimbursed.
License2diva
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

“ I was alive during the last 2 decades of the 60s ”

I’m sure it only seemed that long. 😉

Oops.  I see where I erred.  That should have said last 2 years of the 60s.  I declare this my most embarrassing forum post ever now.

Considering I was still technically 1 year old when the 60s ended, it didn't seem like anything at all.  At that age, I had not yet developed an awareness of time.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

I was going to answer that you usually need to hand international packages over the counter at the PO, but I see that the listing shows that it's going GSP, so it's shipping to a domestic address with the added benefit of PP charging an extra 1.5% of the the total.

You must be posting from the distant past, because here in the future, international packages do not require being taken to the counter.  They can be dropped off with the rest of them now, and have been that way for quite a few years.  Should I see about sending a time travel device your way to get you back out of the early 2000s?  😄

Umm - yes - please send me a few OZ's of time travel, please.

That's what I just said above. I quit selling international whenever we were forced to send return labels money to international buyers.

I liked the early 2000's. I liked the 1990's too - and the 80's and even the 70's and late 60's(from what I remember of those, anyway).

We must be same gen.  I was alive during the last 2 decades of the 60s (hitting the half century mark on the 20th of this month), but consider myself a product of the 80s and 70s, since those were my real formative years.  Early 90s is okay as well, but my "soul" is permanently in the 80s.  😄

Nope - you are much younger than I.

No. You do not understand. The handling time is separate from transit time. eBay calculates estimated delivery dates by the information YOU tell it: Includes your handling time + your postal code + your method of shipping.
Handling time is for the listing itself and is dependent on YOU, it does not matter the destination.
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

The Global Shipping Program is ALL international shipping, not only eBay. And, if, I ONLY use eBay's international method. That's monopolization. And, I would like some added time frames for my alternate shipping, especially when their uploaded from eBay.
License2diva
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@d-k_treasures

Maybe after 9/11 ...16 years ago ... they did ... but now they don't 😉

Also:

<<it's going GSP, so it's shipping to a domestic address with the added benefit of PP charging an extra 1.5% of the the total>>

On a GSP order, the seller only gets paid for the portion that is charged for domestic shipping.

So, the seller would pay PP 4.4%+0.30 on the item+the amount shown in the listing to ship to Kentucky.

And just to throw this into the mix ... eBay shipping FVF on an international order is charged on the lowest domestic rate in the listing, not the amount the buyer pays.  Zero Shipping FVF if the Domestic shipping is "Free".

Yes - that was the total I was talking about.

I can have as many different handling time policies as I want. Assign them to each individual item.

GSP only has to get to KY withing the handling time.  GSP is then responsible if there is an  INR case.

If you are looking for different handling times for the same item base upon international, or domestic shipping that propably is not possible.

I

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@license2diva wrote:
The Global Shipping Program is ALL international shipping, not only eBay. And, if, I ONLY use eBay's international method. That's monopolization. And, I would like some added time frames for my alternate shipping, especially when their uploaded from eBay.

No, it isn't.

You can choose to ship direct through the USPS or DHL or FedEx ... any carrier you want.

Or, you can choose not to ship internationally at all.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

It's my post, I understand. Ebay may or maynot add a 'handling' time for postal services to get the package to its destination, internationally. I do an extreme amount of international shipping and only a few get lost, but, that's enough for me to want to amend the claim process. There should be additional time frames for refunds, internationally, without hogging up the global shipping to their method or none.
Secondly, I should of made clear that eBay customer service is calling it: 'HANDLING TIME FRAMES'. The handling time frames DO give the seller a few extra days of shipping, if, we were allowed to change it, internationally. I'm not a Top Seller internationally and the amount of time the package gets from me to the carrier, is irrelevant. I only worry about the time frame of the package leaving the US to its destination.
License2diva
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

That is still not your HANDLING time.
You have one handling time per listing, not per destination. It does not matter which shipping program you use. The handling time is what eBay is evaluating you on. Are you meeting your handling times (regardless of where it is going)?
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@license2diva

Handling Time: The time between payment and the first carrier scan on a package.

Estimated Delivery Dates: The time that eBay calculates that an item will take to get from Point A to Point B.  These dates are based on historical data for the Carrier, the Shipping Method selected in the Listing, plus the seller's historical handling time.

What you aren't understanding is:

It doesn't matter if you extend your handling time.

The Estimated Delivery dates on a sold order will change depending on when the item gets its first scan by the carrier.

If you extend your handling time to 5 days, and still ship in 1 day ... the Estimated Delivery Dates will use that 1-Day for the estimate.

If you are using GSP, the Estimated Delivery Dates are based on:

The method you are using to ship to Kentucky

Your handling time

The method that the GSP plans to use to ship the item from Kentucky to the Destination Country.

On a GSP shipment, If an item is Not Received in the destination country ... you are not involved in the claim ... at all.

You are only required to get it to Kentucky.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

I get old currency  how can change 

Message 28 of 28
latest reply