cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Not honoring 10% Ebucks on Sales 7/19 Promotion - Do not know what to do

Hi everyone,

I received an email from email July 19, 2018 at 8:02am saying that all purchases and sales earn 10% ebucks from 7/19 to 7/21. Terms below (from the email received):

FacebookTwitterPinterest

"Buy
Activate to earn 10% on your purchases through 7/21, 11:59pm PT. No minimum purchase required. See details.

Sell
Activate and list your items by 7/21, 11:59pm PT. You will earn 10% of the selling price if sold by 7/31, 11:59pm PT. No minimums required. See details.

What is the Promotion?
10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item (the “Promotion”).

Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

Promotion details
Invited users (“Users”) must click the email to activate in order to qualify for the Promotion. Users will earn 10% in eBay Bucks (see Terms & Conditions for details) on eligible items that are either purchased, or listed and sold (the “Promotion”). 

*Qualifying purchase or items listed for sale excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category, Real Estate, Gift Cards & Coupons (including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories."

Knowing that this promotion was active I quickly lowered the asking price of an expensive product I had for sale. I sold 4 boxes of sports memorabilia cards for over $500 later that same day on 7/19. See here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183333785302

I am owed approximately $55.6 in ebay bucks and have contacted ebay by phone with no success. They say they can see all promotions on my account and I am 110% sure I activated the promotion before lowering my price. I lowered my prices JUST for that promotion. They say the promotion was a week earlier and will not honor it yet I have the email and all. Since they do not have email support I am stuck. And their call support from India do not understand and frankly are useless.

I have delisted all of my items until they make good on this as I feel scammed for $56 when I have paid them well for over $500 in the past year in selling fees.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Did it say "new listings" in the promo?  I believe it usually does.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It says items listed for sale. You said you dropped the price. I assume that means you used the already running listing?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@marderness7 wrote:
I am 110% sure I activated the promotion before lowering my price

So you are saying these items were already listed before you activated the promotion, and you simply edited the price?

If so, I think that is your answer. If it was not listed and sold during the promotion, I don;t think it qualifies.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The promo doesn’t apply to items already listed. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

"Promotion details
Invited users (“Users”) must click the email to activate in order to qualify for the Promotion. Users will earn 10% in eBay Bucks (see Terms & Conditions for details) on eligible items that are either purchased, or listed and sold (the “Promotion”). "

Listed means items that are actually listed - not edited or relisted. You would have had to either create a listing from scratch, or do a sell similar. Simply lowering the price does not count, because that is editing an existing listing, not creating a new listing. Had you ended the running listing and used sell similar to make your price corrections, then it would have counted.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It's possible that's what the OP did. They lowered the price when they relisted it during the promo window.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I ended my first listing and relisted the product.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@marderness7 wrote:

I ended my first listing and relisted the product.

But was it a new listing or a relist?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

i sold on this promotion too. have not yet received my bucks. do they wait till the end of the ebay bucks period(end of September) to distribute them for selling?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@byosti_comics wrote:

i sold on this promotion too. have not yet received my bucks. do they wait till the end of the ebay bucks period(end of September) to distribute them for selling?

Yes they usually wait until the end of the quarter to apply them to your account 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply