cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Is Laughable

On Friday 12-1-2023 I contacted ebay customer service through the chat system & when that didn't work because of the inept csr's I tried the phone which was just as bad as the chat.  I had re-posted  a few Christmas Items that weren't doing well & I hoped re-posting would at least get them seen. After 24 hours I did a drill down search for the set of 6 Santa Figurines that I re-listed & it was not in the recently listed items list it should have been.  One of the so called csr's on the phone said  he found it instantly after I have given him the Item ID Number so I asked how he searched for it & he had copied my listing title into ebay's search bar. After using a few choice words & telling him the obvious I hung up. The very few current views on those listings came from csr's. If Santa Figurines weren't selling continuously I wouldn't have listed mine. Also, the 7 Various Artist Christmas Music CD's  I re-listed that has not been viewed even once & they are selling continuously too. I have been a Seller for 20 years &  I just don't care anymore why ebay does this to a Seller like me who has a perfect feedback rating & ships fast & always packs items to get there safely. All my listings have best offer & when I get offer's which is rarely I almost always accept them. Items can't be sold if the can't be found & it just makes me sad how ebay always harms Small Sellers like me.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Customer Service Is Laughable

Seller expectations for support organizations frequently are greater than they should be.

Any help when your items are not selling in unrealistic, no matter what marketplace you sell on.

Information on account restrictions, security issues and many other sensitive problems is not available to support personnel or other than a few Ebay employees who do not communicate with buyers or sellers.

The Internet is too big, the number of bad buyers and sellers too high, the number of offers greater than the number of purchasers, and every other imaginable effect of the conflict between access to the sites and costs.

It is unlikely that any of the big online marketplaces, will miss any more than a handful of big sellers were they to stop selling. And those who they would miss, will not leave because they are making too much money.

I say this, knowing full well that I was not missed when I stopped selling on this site back in 2008. And I got no special treatment when I returned during the pandemic.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@ourancestorsattic wrote:

But searching for Santa Figurines & then setting it to recently listed items should have brought it up & that inept csr did not do any of that. Also, I don't remember my drill downs exactly but I always set my searches to U.S. Only & then probably did checked  the boxes for Santa & Figurines. I have been doing this a long time & I know how to do searches to eliminate the trash that ebay allows. 

I’m curious what you think an eBay rep could do for you?

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

@epowerbargains wrote:

Let me second the observation that you are one of the most patient, diplomatic and informative persons on these boards. Thank you for all you do. 

So kind.  Thank you it is really appreciated.  Most responses aren't so friendly as you are well aware of.  Thank you again.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 33 of 33
latest reply