cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious if anyone thinks ebay "improvements" justify a fee hike this year? Reflect on past year....

Obviously absolutely nobody like when fees go up....... but when simultaneously the product and the customer services goes down..... it makes no sense.

Has anyone seen any actual improvements to the site this year?.... not just changes but actual improvements?

Just looked at our 1099-k from ebay and wouldn't you believe it!-  $15,000 less in sales this past year with all the site "improvements".

It seem more like ebay causes disruptions with all the unnecessary site changes and sales go down so the answer is to raise fees to cover the effect of the bad decisions...... does nobody ever take responsibility for the actions anymore?   How to the CEO's an management still take millions in bonuses while the platform relevancy decreases?

One nice feature they made was the repeat buyer notification- that was helpful- but does not counteract the bad search engine and promoted listings debacle they have created- no buyer wants unrelated junk shoved down their throat when they search- JUST GIVE US 100% of the results that match our keywords!, not what some slightly **bleep**ed AI system thinks we want to see.

Message 1 of 223
latest reply
222 REPLIES 222

Re: Curious if anyone thinks ebay "improvements" justify a fee hike this year? Reflect on

You can opt out of EIS in your Site Preferences.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 211 of 223
latest reply

Re: Curious if anyone thinks ebay "improvements" justify a fee hike this year? Reflect on

Again mam98031 replies with an answer that was not intended for the question.  The OP is asking if you think the current improvements justify a fee hike.  As always it is a yes or no question that you will not answer.  People here are looking to fix problems.  Do you think eBay can continue losing market share, as they have done 8 quarters in a row, and stay in business.  Sellers are doing poorly because of eBay practices that reduce Buyers and Sellers.  So another yes or no question is fronting you, what's it going to be!!

Message 212 of 223
latest reply

There's only so much blood you can wring out of a stone.  Ebay needs to remember that too.

Plus the site is majorly screwed up.  Every update makes it worse, for buyers and sellers.  And this deserves raising rates and fees?

If they had a great site and weren't throttling my traffic to control my growth or not show my items to buyers Ebay decides are "too far away from me", and I was crushing it, perhaps I'd say it was somewhat justifiable.

Message 213 of 223
latest reply

The sinking part is the 8 quarters in a row of lost market share.  That is not sustainable.  Did you look at Q1 where, and its hard to find, eBay sold off $1.1 bil in stock of a company they owned out right in order to add those funds to the bottom line.  By doing that, without looking up the numbers as I'm sure you will, changed a $500 mil loss into a $600 mil profit and allowed them to pay share holders a profit on their shares.  That is also unsustainable.  You can't keep raising fees that, at some point, most people won't pay.  This week we have begun our long term plan to be off eBay.  Should take under a year.

Message 214 of 223
latest reply

That is exactly what it is. It happens ever year. They try and say this is for your own good and will help your sells. A cover up for fees to increase. Ebay is worse then it has ever been at least since I started in 1999. Anyone who says different is wrong.

Message 215 of 223
latest reply

You definitely don't sell much do you. That's hilarious 

Message 216 of 223
latest reply

@allthingssurplus wrote:

Again mam98031 replies with an answer that was not intended for the question.  The OP is asking if you think the current improvements justify a fee hike.  As always it is a yes or no question that you will not answer.  People here are looking to fix problems.  Do you think eBay can continue losing market share, as they have done 8 quarters in a row, and stay in business.  Sellers are doing poorly because of eBay practices that reduce Buyers and Sellers.  So another yes or no question is fronting you, what's it going to be!!

I appreciate you moderating the thread and trying to keep everyone on subject, however I was responding to a specific post by the OP that had to do with what I responded.  Sorry it caused you to get concerned.  If you take exception to additional questions asked or opinions posted by the OP, take it up with them.

I know it is important to you to try and mix it up with me whenever you think there is an opportunity.  I however don't have the same need regarding you.

Message 217 of 223
latest reply

Its clear that you do not like answering direct yes or no questions.  Shows a lack of belief in conviction.  EIS works for you and those that sell low dollar items.  Those that sell in other categories have issue with EIS.  One system is not made for all.  We use DHL, UPS, USPS, FedEx, Uship and several LTL  carriers in order to properly ship our products.  At no time has eBay considered Auto, Computers & Tablets and Business & Industrial proper needs when addressing shipping.  Most of your positions are only based around the products you sell.  Its a larger world out there and you should consider other categories requirements  before making narrow comments.

Message 218 of 223
latest reply

No, the only thing it shows as I don't have any need or desire to play games with you.

Message 219 of 223
latest reply

My store fees went up 10% from a year ago while my sales are down 50% from a year ago................Thank you Ebay.

Elliot Yablun
Message 220 of 223
latest reply

@shigbig wrote:

My store fees went up 10% from a year ago while my sales are down 50% from a year ago................Thank you Ebay.

You have a different level store than I do.  What was your old fee and what did they increase it to??

Message 221 of 223
latest reply

This is not a game.  Serious questions require serious answers based on all categories.   You are not mentoring people when you say things like you can just opt out of EIS.  Multiple Sellers are telling you there are issues and that is your answer to them.  If you would just read your responses to these Sellers you are telling them they are not thinking correctly.  These people are losing money using this platform, have some compassion.  They are not all wrong and you for sure are not all right.

Message 222 of 223
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 223 of 223
latest reply