cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant site issues

This is the worst functioning website ever.

Is it just me or is everyone else sick of seeing 'our homepage is down' and 'error' message - three items listed and on two of them a barrage of such messages and photos not loading properly. And the most annoying of all - 'our homepage is down but everything else is ok' when you can't access anything.

Whoever manages the functions needs to go so they can get someone in who has a clue what they're doing!!

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Constant site issues

What browser are you using? I don't have any problems with Chrome.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

Items not loading properly or slowly is not necessarily a site issue.  It could be the device you are using.  How long has it been since you have cleared your cache and cookies?  It could be your internet connection.

Typically when something is happening as you describe to multiple members, some of them end up posting in the Community, such as you did here.  I personally haven't seen an increase of these issue in the Selling Forum, possibly on some other board.  You may want to check the Technical board to see if there are other members suffering through the same issues as you are experiencing.

I know for me personally my internet connection is worse than it use to be as I get slow loading on most any site I go to, it is not reserved just for Ebay.  But that is just my experience.

I am sorry you are experiencing this.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

Having the same problem.  It is a real inconvenience and needs to be fixed.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

Most of us never see any home page errors, we never go to the home page, we have the seller hub bookmarked.

Does a tree which falls in the forest where no one can hear make a noise?

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

I use this site several hours a day, every day.

There are no more issues than any other site i use. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

My problem with this site is disappearing descriptions. I work around it, but it was supposed to be fixed.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

@inhawaiisaid: There are no more issues than any other site i use. 

Without knowing the other sites that you use, your advice isn't helpful in the least.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

I used to have those issues, but since I dumped Frontier a year ago, this site is working fine for me.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

Ebay might have messed something up when they changed the photo loader, starting yesterday, when I sold similar, I click on delete photo's and then add new ones. Now you have to click edit on the right side, slide over to left side click select all, then back over to and click delete. Not major but a pain. I do get "oops" here and there.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

@zoda99 wrote:

Without knowing the other sites that you use, your advice isn't helpful in the least.

That was unnecessary.  I'm having the same experience as @inhawaii .  I respect that your experience may be different than ours.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

@tsme35 wrote:

Ebay might have messed something up when they changed the photo loader, starting yesterday, when I sold similar, I click on delete photo's and then add new ones. Now you have to click edit on the right side, slide over to left side click select all, then back over to and click delete. Not major but a pain. I do get "oops" here and there.

I would encourage you to report this issue on the Technical Board.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

@murph1727 wrote:

What browser are you using? I don't have any problems with Chrome.

I use Firefox and I don't have any of those problems either.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

@zoda99 wrote:

You probably didn't find my advice helpful because I didn't give any advice.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Constant site issues

Yes, I have that happening occasionally.

And so frustrating that you do a neat and tidy job on your laptop but when you look at it on your iPhone it’s all over the shop.

And try cutting and pasting from word. I try to avoid now (I found it useful to do some prep off line) because you end up with having to edit it all with varying fonts, varying font sizes, spacing gone to pot, and bolding - and all prepped using eBay’s own ‘standard’ Ariel 14 font!!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply