cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congrats eBay you've messed it up again

I sell sports cards...and buy them. Ebay has butchered the app again.  What use to take me about 45 seconds to list, from the time I start the title till I get the done button, is now taking almost three minutes. In the info section such as graded, rookie, etc it will stop halfway done and pause for about 30 seconds. Then on shipping when I open to select which shipping it does the same thing.  At the end where I hit list item it takes about 45 seconds before done comes up. 

Buying is another issue. If I want look at just football cards, I can't. There is no option on the app now for "football" category, just "sports trading cards." So if I enter 2018 Donruss Box I have to wade through all manner of stuff I'm not interested in, like umpteen chance listings that as I understand are not allowed. IMO a box break is in fact, a chance listing, as is the buy these cards and maybe you get this graded one in the picture. 

Why can't they leave well enough and what works alone? 

---irriatated again. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Congrats eBay you've messed it up again

eBay WTH did you do?  You just consolidated like 500 comic book categories into 1.... RU Kidding me?  When I am searching I narrow my search by using the categories.  When selling I can get my listings into those categories that someone like me is narrowing down to as well.

This change is idiotic.

Best, Tom

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Does anyone else feel like the mumerous threads both here and on the .ca site are going unread by eBay?
This is a total mess that's led me to pull all my collectibles listings for now, and I'll just be shopping elsewhere.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Its a complete disaster.  Try searching for Silver Surfer #36.  920 search results come back, most that have nothing to do with the individual issue.  How is a customer going to find the particular issues they are looking for?  Ebay, you done screwed up big.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

If it works eBay will change it and add fees for the seller.

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Exactly what I am experiencing. I buy/sell baseball cards and cannot enter a live auction where I have the ability to sort for the "era" that I want to look at. If I type baseball cards on the search line(Never used to have to do that) I enter an auction and the option to search by year(s) isn't even offered! If I search by sportscards, and filter to baseball cards, It gives me a listing of individual years where I can spend 2-3 minutes clicking on each year I want to view, but then it is not an accurate search. It gives only a fraction of the cards out there and none expiring within seconds/minutes or even an hour. Since Monday, mu listings have had almost no views and only one sale and that is due to the fact the bid was entered before these changes were made. EBay really screwed this one up...........

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Anyone else find themselves repeating the same questions and answers when listening now? How many times can we ask for the year of a sports card? And what brand it is! Just in different ways 😡🤦‍♂️

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

They have completely screwed up the trading card categories. I used to have a “favorites” linked directly to the baseball card category page. They’ve eliminated that, and have funneled ALL sports cards into one “trading card singles” categories. Football, baseball, etc.  Everything is now melded into one category. Makes searching for baseball-only stuff ten times harder and far more annoying. Whomever at Ebay decided to do this should be fired! At any rate, I’m done buying anything baseball card related on this worthless website. I don’t have the time for this **bleep**.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for reaching out to us about the recent changes in the Sports Trading Cards. We're sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience as a result of the category changes. Sport-based categories for cards and etopps cards have been deprecated and replaced by product-type based categories. The categories will be replaced with item specifics and left-hand navigation refinements for Sport. Categories were added for Single Cards, Sealed Cards, Lots & Sets, Breaks, Uncut Sheets & Grading Tools among others.

As the category changes roll out there will be some fluctuation in the item specifics and left-hand navigation filters. This should settle down in the next 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback, and for choosing eBay!

Kind regards,
Arthur

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

PLEASE let me know how to fix the error that occurs when I try to update your required correction of Graded cards in a variation listing - I have many variation sports cards listing that has over 5,000 photos - from my conversion with Ebay yesterday your answer is to delete the auctions with variations and relist with the corrections .  This CANNOT be the only solution - Please advise

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I 100% agree with you, I buy and sell sports cards on eBay A LOT. Now it is so messed up I don't even know where to begin. I have so many listings to create but I just do not have the time with it now taking 3-4 times as long to list an item. I feel so defeated.

I tried buying from a seller that I frequent, and I could not filter the basketball cards from all of the other cards he has listed, so stupid. So eBay made these changes which will bring them in less money??? I just don't get it, so baffling to me.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I just had this same thought, they don't care but man they have to see the frustration. I have accepted and have been using eBay managed payments for 8+ months now and it is fine, I get paid within a day or two except on weekends. But this listing/buying/selling issue is so frustrating, and will directly effect revenue because so many people are frustrated and not editing/listing new items right now. 

Sucks being the little guy but man I know many sellers in my same boat and NO ONE IS HAPPY ABOUT THIS RECENT DICK-UP.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

This is my exact frustration, how can eBay just be ok with this. It is not just people complaining, this will effect their bottom line because people can no longer find what they are looking for. And sellers like me cannot list cards because I don't have time to do it the normal way, it is just way too time consuming for the amount of cards I have to list, and this isn't even including the hours and days of editing I have to do to be compliant now.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

you can paste this same reply as much as you want.  It doesnt address the valid concerns many sellers are expressing about  changes in multiple categories.  Can you give a reply that isnt a cut and paste as you have many very irritated and confused sellers here.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Seriously though, what kind of **bleep** response is this. Please help with the actual problem instead of posting a useless response like this. Can't you guys see that buyers and sellers are frustrated and cannot buy and sell like they normally do???

Message 15 of 19
latest reply