cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coin Shipping

Is there a special way to ship small, inexpensive items, like coins? The lowest shipping I've seen is about $5, which is more than the coin is worth. I had an order before and just sent it in an envelope with a stamp but there's no tracking and I got dinged on my "tracking uploaded on time and validated" metric.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Coin Shipping

" it doesn't say where to get them or how to print a shipping label for them."

The only place to purchase the eBay Standard Envelope is on the eBay site.

There is a $20.00 maximum sell price, plus weight limitations.  If your shipment meets both, you're good to go.

After you have sold your coin(s), go to "Purchase shipping label".   Scan down the list of options, until you see "eBay Standard Envelope."  Click on it.  Read the warning (limitations of items that can be shipped -- since you are shipping a coin(s), you're okay).  Click on "purchase," and print.  Trim to fit your envelope, if necessary.

How easy is that?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Coin Shipping

You could use eBay standard envelopes. However, some sellers have reported issues with the USPS tracking when using this method. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=... 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

The eBay Standard Envelope is available through eBay for shipping coins.  The current charge is 60 cents for USPS First Class postage under 1 ounce, and the service includes metered tracking through eBay, which is different from regular USPS Tracking.  USPS treats the envelope as regular metered mail, and records both post office acceptance and delivery.  The envelopes must be flexible to run through the USPS machines.  Google "eBay Standard Envelope" for more information.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

It's hard (not worth it) selling items less than $5 because like you said, that's about what you're going to spend on shipping.

Un less the customer is willing to pay $10 (total) for the item.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

Wrong. Ebay Standard envelope for coins cost 60 cents. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

57  Cents, actually

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

First Class shipping that tracks for under 4 oz is $3.37-$3.86 if the envelope is at least 3/4 in thickness.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

"57  Cents, actually"

Sorry, but USPS First Class increased to 60 cents as of July 10, 2022.

It will probably be going up again before the holidays, as well.

Time to load up on those Forever Stamps (and NOT the fake ones from China!).

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

"First Class shipping that tracks for under 4 oz is $3.37-$3.86 if the envelope is at least 3/4 in thickness."

The eBay Standard Envelope also has limited meter tracking, which shows acceptance at the time of shipping, as well as delivery.   It is not the same as regular USPS Tracking, however, & only shows meter mail scans from Point A to Point B.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

Yes a First Class stamp is 60 Cents

However the charge for ebay standard envelope, 1 ounce, is 57 Cents

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

@allen1853 wrote:

Wrong. Ebay Standard envelope for coins cost 60 cents. 

I stand corrected.

I've  heard so many horror stories of those envelopes not tracking.

I would be afraid to use them.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

Here is an example of the tracking provided from my most recent eBay Standard Envelope shipment (the numbers are reversed, and should read from 1 thru 7, rather than from 7 to 1):

eBay Delivery Services: ESUS100848334Copy

Hide tracking details

1. Jul 29, 2022
    12:58pm
    Delivered
  2. Jul 28, 2022
    11:01pm
    Out for Delivery
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90052
  3. Jul 28, 2022
    6:56pm
    Out for Delivery
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90052
  4. Jul 28, 2022
    12:50pm
    Destination processing
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90052
  5. Jul 25, 2022
    10:46pm
    Origin Processing
    EAGAN, MN 55121
  6. Jul 25, 2022
    8:16pm
    In Transit
    EAGAN, MN 55121
  7. Jul 25, 2022
    6:41am
    Tracking number provided
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

I had already read the link you posted but it doesn't say where to get them or how to print a shipping label for them.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Coin Shipping

" it doesn't say where to get them or how to print a shipping label for them."

The only place to purchase the eBay Standard Envelope is on the eBay site.

There is a $20.00 maximum sell price, plus weight limitations.  If your shipment meets both, you're good to go.

After you have sold your coin(s), go to "Purchase shipping label".   Scan down the list of options, until you see "eBay Standard Envelope."  Click on it.  Read the warning (limitations of items that can be shipped -- since you are shipping a coin(s), you're okay).  Click on "purchase," and print.  Trim to fit your envelope, if necessary.

How easy is that?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply