cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

@all*about*horses wrote:

@tellmemama wrote:

Frankly I can't help but think this is just another calculated ebay diversion.  "Let's run a ridiculous beta test that will most likely get all of the sellers up in arms.  We can run it for a bit and then magnanimously deem it unsuccessful and cancel it.  Right before the Spring Seller Update.  They'll be so grateful that they won't even notice the horrors we are about to bestow!"

For the life of me I can't remember the exact issue, but a few years ago there was something very similar done right before the update.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta Google the lyrics to Kumbaya...

OMG! I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. They will torture us to death with this "test" and then announce in the Spring Seller Update the test was a failure, they listened and then look what else we've got for you sellers.

And then implement it in the fall update .....

SO many problems, so little thought. Must be a management decision.

1. No "off" switch. I've not seen one response to the idea that "click here" is good. 
  2. Support has NO IDEA about this new feature. I've called them twice, the first time I was placated and told it was on my local system. The second... finally she seemed to take my comments as true. BOTH times - they had no idea what I was talking about.
  3. They (eBay) includes advertisements top, bottom and inside (bluekai) - frequently the ad's are in violation of eBays (and manufactures) selling policies -- will they consider cutting this? NOOOO, let us remove what little information the customer needs about the product they are considering buying.....
  4. The window is modal: You have it clear it to check the listing. So you can't examine the listing details and the description details at the same time.

I invite the person who thought that hiding the description is 'good' to contact me. I would like to know on what level this might be considered 'good' for business (other than promoting fraud on eBay). I would give them an earful. This is the type of bad business decision (on SO many levels) that makes me seriously consider walking away from eBay.

Makes me wonder - does this open eBay to legal liability for willfully hiding details of an item for sale?

Message 752 of 1,018
latest reply

Thank you, ebay, for implementing this test.  You have finally driven me to put in the effort to research and begin listing on other venues.  I am amazed at how much simpler, more direct and user friendly they are!  Thank you, thank you, thank you for the motivation to begin moving on!

Message 753 of 1,018
latest reply

@bomarc wrote:

SO many problems, so little thought. Must be a management decision.

1. No "off" switch. I've not seen one response to the idea that "click here" is good. 
  2. Support has NO IDEA about this new feature. I've called them twice, the first time I was placated and told it was on my local system. The second... finally she seemed to take my comments as true. BOTH times - they had no idea what I was talking about.
  3. They (eBay) includes advertisements top, bottom and inside (bluekai) - frequently the ad's are in violation of eBays (and manufactures) selling policies -- will they consider cutting this? NOOOO, let us remove what little information the customer needs about the product they are considering buying.....
  4. The window is modal: You have it clear it to check the listing. So you can't examine the listing details and the description details at the same time.

I invite the person who thought that hiding the description is 'good' to contact me. I would like to know on what level this might be considered 'good' for business (other than promoting fraud on eBay). I would give them an earful. This is the type of bad business decision (on SO many levels) that makes me seriously consider walking away from eBay.

Makes me wonder - does this open eBay to legal liability for willfully hiding details of an item for sale?

I don't think mommy will let him use the phone by himself yet .....

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@all*about*horses wrote:

@tellmemama wrote:

Frankly I can't help but think this is just another calculated ebay diversion.  "Let's run a ridiculous beta test that will most likely get all of the sellers up in arms.  We can run it for a bit and then magnanimously deem it unsuccessful and cancel it.  Right before the Spring Seller Update.  They'll be so grateful that they won't even notice the horrors we are about to bestow!"

For the life of me I can't remember the exact issue, but a few years ago there was something very similar done right before the update.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta Google the lyrics to Kumbaya...

OMG! I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. They will torture us to death with this "test" and then announce in the Spring Seller Update the test was a failure, they listened and then look what else we've got for you sellers.

And then implement it in the fall update .....

Why do you think they'll wait until fall? The more stupid the idea, the more pure genius eBay thinks it is! I'm betting Spring Update or a standalone "enhancement" soon after.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 755 of 1,018
latest reply

Ebay don't care what you put in description because it's useless according to their policies. Item specific and title matters
Message 756 of 1,018
latest reply

@hotrodleds wrote:
Ebay don't care what you put in description because it's useless according to their policies. Item specific and title matters.

That might work for new stuff but certainly not for antiques or true vintage.

Message 757 of 1,018
latest reply

I'm on a desktop computer and it's making me "click" to see the description. A complete waste of time/pain.
Message 758 of 1,018
latest reply

I told them "what I think" several times, and it wasn't nice. Not that that they care or really listen anyway.
Message 759 of 1,018
latest reply

LOL ebay

Ebay rep told me that title and item specific matters. Ebay hiding item specific too. So only picture matters haha or title I guess
Message 760 of 1,018
latest reply

Other than complaining to each other about this 'feature' ... does anyone know how to reach the someone to tell them to "We don't like this" ???

Or better yet, reach someone's boss and say that "someone" needs to be fired?

Message 761 of 1,018
latest reply

Weekly chat.... That's where you can bring your concern but they gonna do what they wanna do
Message 762 of 1,018
latest reply

Below the Item Specifics on a listing page there is a See full Item description button... next to it is a button Tell us what you think

Message 763 of 1,018
latest reply

We are sellers. Ebay does not care what we think, only how far we bend and bleed.

"WE have you "protected"..."
Message 764 of 1,018
latest reply

"You need to continue to pursue it with CS if that's the case. Point CS to the policies outlined here..."

I did Jeff, and was told too bad.  Ironically, you replied to me today, the same day Ebay sent the funds back to the buyer 😕

Message 765 of 1,018
latest reply