cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Why cant they just stop "tinkering" themselves into messes.

People are always missing details in the item description as it is. Now it is not there? Come on this is moronic.

Simple is better!! No need to add **bleep** that just makes things more confusing. Plus the button to push for the popup is very blended in. Most will never notice it.

Message 91 of 1,018
latest reply

It's now on all my listings on my IMAC desktop.  Auctions and store.  Better get all the information you can into the title.  A lot of buyers won't see this.  Unbelievable.

Message 92 of 1,018
latest reply

I noticed this this morning with my listings... I'm running Firefox... I see it not only on my own listings, but every other seller's listing that I look at.

I called customer support to see if I could have my listings removed from this functionality.... The lady confirmed that this is a "test" but that I can not "opt out"... She said if I receive negative feedback or "item not as described" claims, to call them and they will "take care of it".... Of course, no mention of reimbursing me for the lack of sales I'm sure I'm going to see during this  "test".

She said the test is set to last "less than 2 weeks" and that it started 2 days ago.... She highly suggested using the "Tell us what you think" link to let them know your feelings on this new functionality... She also seemed to indicate that with enough negative feedback via this link, they may suspend the test even earlier.

PLEASE!!! EVERYONE! Click the "tell us what you think" link and let them know how idiotic this functionality is! And better yet, let's flood them with calls! The sooner we can get this "test" to end, the better!!!!

Message 93 of 1,018
latest reply

Happening to me, too. I am on a desk top using firefox and absolutely hate this! Why would they make the DESCRIPTION optional, with an extra tab to open it???

Message 94 of 1,018
latest reply

I went to IE and didn't log into eBay and I can see it on every listing I looked at over there.

It wasn't pretty!
Message 95 of 1,018
latest reply

This is on my listings as well.  I'm using firefox on a laptop. 

I will be making use of  the "tell us what you think" link.   (Not that it makes a difference...  I've stopped buying, watching and browsing because of the annoying yellow bell notification that won't turn off once you place a bid or save something to your watch list....  They certainly didn't listen to my feedback on that one.)

Message 96 of 1,018
latest reply

Can I suggest everyone that has twitter or any other similare social outlet, voice their complaint with the same hash tag. I think if we can create a trending topic on this it could get some media attention and stir the pot in the right direction. The hash tag is important! I just tweeted using hashtage ebaydrama but I think one morespecif to this issue would be good.. maybe ebaybadideal or ebayneedsdescriptions

I don't know, thoughts?

I am no social media wiz.. but I know it can effect change. Does ebay have an official facebook page? 

I also hope every one is using the "What do you think" button on both your own and others auctions to voice your opinions!

……………………………………………………………
Message 97 of 1,018
latest reply

I got it! ebayfail 

others are already using it!!

……………………………………………………………
Message 98 of 1,018
latest reply

We have 2 computers in our office.

The one with Firefox looks normal, the one with Internet Explorer has the click for description button

Message 99 of 1,018
latest reply

It DOES make a difference if you give your feedback! Read my post regarding my call to customer support.

Message 100 of 1,018
latest reply

@tobysboss2013 wrote:

I see it on everybody's listings on Chrome and Internet Explorer but it is normal (old way) on FireFox. I see it when logged in and not logged in.  I did not opt into any Beta testing as a buyer or seller.  I just know that it is a very bad idea.

I'm using Firefox and this very bad idea is showing up on mine and other people's listings. 

Message 101 of 1,018
latest reply

Shoot, I didn't see this thread before posting one of my own. *facepalm*

This is a really, really bad idea. Smiley Mad

Message 102 of 1,018
latest reply

I just posted my opinion on their facebook page and encourage you all to do the same and like and comment, I did not see any other posts yet about it? Squeaky wheel does get you heard!

https://www.facebook.com/eBay?fref=ts

……………………………………………………………
Message 103 of 1,018
latest reply

Message 104 of 1,018
latest reply

Via Twitter: Apparently eBay and "ask eBay" are not connected. @AskeBay Why have you removed the product descriptions from all of our auctions? @haute_again Happy to review this further for you! Can you please provide your User ID so we can review? Thanks ^E
Message 105 of 1,018
latest reply