cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic View Defeat

Well, the jig is up.

Ebay wins.

Classic View is no more.

My 5 minutes of fame (hopefully not fortune) have come to an end.

Thank you for all the praise and flattery! I fiddled with the links out of my own frustrations and was more than happy to share with all. Honestly, anyone could have done it.

But this 1 woman show cannot compete with Ebay Big Tech.

It is their playground. We play by their rules or we don't play at all.

And I, for one, am still in the game.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Classic View Defeat

Actually I have returned to  vinyl and a fully restored vintage 1970's stereo system. It's amazing how much fuller is sounds than digital. I'm still kicking myself for selling all my LP's and "upgrading" to CD's and then to narrowed compressed **bleep** sounding MP3's.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I'm vintage-Japanese-type of audiophile. So it's only natural that I want my Classic Ebay look back. I pity those who enjoy the mp3 sound and the new Ebay look.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

We should all order a can of New Coke and toast the demise of classic view.....

new coke.JPG

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

No, it's moving forward.. byeeee

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for your help.  23 years here... we'll stay on, but we like eBay less and less for it's forced manipulation.  

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Staying on barely. Selling in person and others sites is a must. 

Bring back classic view

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@modifiedracer93 wrote:

Well, the jig is up.

Ebay wins.

Classic View is no more.

My 5 minutes of fame (hopefully not fortune) have come to an end.

Thank you for all the praise and flattery! I fiddled with the links out of my own frustrations and was more than happy to share with all. Honestly, anyone could have done it.

But this 1 woman show cannot compete with Ebay Big Tech.

It is their playground. We play by their rules or we don't play at all.

And I, for one, am still in the game.

Thanks a million (Grasshopper 😉) for the work around links to make my last month of selling (RETIRING after 22 years), and getting rid of stuff way way easier with those CLASSIC view pages (links).  Without those work around links to the CLASSIC pages, it would of been INSUFFERABLE to say the least. 

Yes, your classic views links were finally defeated, but you are a GEM and ROCK STAR in my book! ALL the BEST to you and everyone!! Ciao!!!

ZZZZ_111.jpg

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@modifiedracer93  At least you provided some good help instead of just yelling and ranting.  FWIW, I would use the Seller HUB, not that weird whatever porridge they've got for the Seller PAGE.  I went from Classic View (which I also quite liked) to the seller hub some years back when they introduced it - it took a while for me to switch over because the original seller hub was so bad - new rollouts from eBay are frequently pretty rough.  They finally retooled it so it works fine and then I switched over and have not needed the Classic View since then.  So I am picky about forms setup and the like (I designed forms in my corp life), I'm also a small seller.  It took me no time at all to set it up and get used to it.  It's just a bump in the road.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 23
latest reply