cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from PayPal

I don’t this think this change will be good.  I’m not concerned with the changes in fees. It comes out one way or another.   But it will take longer for the funds to get to my bank for me to use.  With PayPal, I would at least have them instantly for me to use.   But the biggest thing is paying for shipping.  Usually, I get paid on PayPal, then I can purchase a shipping label using the money I got from the sale.  Thus leaving my total amount in my account. Now I have to have money in my PayPal account to start with?  Or do I make the buyer wait up to five days to get to my bank then move to PayPal?  

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Change from PayPal

@enzobambino 

If you print your labels through eBay you can have the charges deducted from your Managed Payment account. When you print a label scroll down to the bottom and change the payment method from the default (PayPal) to Managed Payments (or credit card, or from your bank).

Since I am in Managed Payments as far as eBay goes I have absolutely no need for a PayPal account.

Of course I keep the PayPal account active because I receive non-eBay payments and make purchases on eBay and elsewhere.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

@enzobambino wrote:

But the biggest thing is paying for shipping.  Usually, I get paid on PayPal, then I can purchase a shipping label using the money I got from the sale.  Thus leaving my total amount in my account. Now I have to have money in my PayPal account to start with?  Or do I make the buyer wait up to five days to get to my bank then move to PayPal?  

You should probably read up on how the managed payment system actually works. 

If you did, you would know you can choose to pay for shipping labels out of your managed payment balance before it is sent to your bank account. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

I'm not as concerned about paying for shipping as I am with the fact that I am expected to ship when the buyer pays(ebay gets their money). I will not ship until I have my money, not when ebay has my money.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

I am constantly amazed by the number of people who are up in arms about MP yet have not read how it works. I started playing golf at a very young age and the first thing my dad did was hand me a rule book and said you can not play the game if you do not know the rules. I have come to find out this is true in almost everything you do in life.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

You are expected to ship within the amount of days you have placed in your 'handling' time. If you choose to make buyers wait for you to get the money in hand before you pay for shipping, then you lose any TRS Plus savings as well as could wind up with some upset customers and red donuts should you NOT make it clear in your listings; and if you sell items that others sell, then you're only shooting yourself in the foot. 

Pending payments is as good as you having the $$ and you can take the $ from those Pending Payments that the Customer Paid YOU for the item, to spend it on the shipping label. 

Those sellers that I see have people 'wait' till they have their money in hand (and by doing so prove they know nothing about the business world) are only going to funnel sales to other sellers. So, keep up the good work! 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

You can't touch the money from pending. You have to prepay the shipping from your own bank and then Ebay releases the money to you only AFTER you have printed and bought the shipping label., You have no acces to the funds until 4 days after the shipping label is bought and printed. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

@memorylives wrote:

You can't touch the money from pending. You have to prepay the shipping from your own bank and then Ebay releases the money to you only AFTER you have printed and bought the shipping label., You have no acces to the funds until 4 days after the shipping label is bought and printed. 

@memorylives 

This ^^^ is incorrect. Shipping label payments can  come from your Pending Payouts. I still pay from my bank account, though... it is still an option through PayPal.

I've been in MP since Fall, 2019. The 4 business day wait will occur whether the label is bought and printed or not.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

Yep . If you sell an item for $2,000 and the shipping and insurance is $1,000 Ebay wants yo to get a loan from your bank or they told me everyone should have at least $1,000 in their bank to pay for the shipping up front before they release the funds to me including the buyer having paid for the shipping upfront. And they take their fees out before the even do anything else and then put it in pending.??  And their fee structure in my categories is incorrect  withdrawn. A flat 12.55 % and they have taken that on total sales/shipping  and now they claim they will give me a credit but it takes 10 days to get the credit of their overcharge? But they still overcharging me and still taking the funds upfront. I have spent 2 hours and 54 minutes on 3 cases numbers an 2 supervisors and still not results.  I have been with eBay since 1998.  This new system has so many flaws that it will drive away sellers.  They said they are working on it but we are financing them until then. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

They have removed the option of Paypal payouts.  I have been a member of Paypal and Ebay since 1998. I don't know how you get your payment for shipping processed before you print the shipping label and pay but l look forward to hearing how you do it. I have spent hours on the phone with them and they say there is no choice. I have to prepay for shipping label against the pending  or processing funds and then they release the funds to my bank within 2/3 days after I  have printed the label. I appreciate if you have sone knowledge that I don't have.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

"I don't know how you get your payment for shipping processed before you print the shipping label..."

- Just shimmy down to the bottom of the label page and change the payment method from 'PayPal' to 'Pending Payouts'. It will become your new default, but can be changed with each label.

"I have to prepay for shipping label against the pending  or processing funds and then they release the funds to my bank within 2/3 days after I  have printed the label."

- They will release your funds whether you've printed the label or not. If it starts 'Processing', it'll move to 'Completed'.

Just operate within your Handling Time and you're good with eBay. Extend it if you want funds in hand pre-shipment.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

@memorylives wrote:

Yes you can. I literally just printed five shipping labels all paid for from pending funds yesterday.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

OP, enzobambino, said, " . . . it will take longer for the funds to get to my bank for me to use.  With PayPal, I would at least have them instantly for me to use."  

Back in the old days, seven weeks or so ago, when I last transferred my eBay sales earnings from PayPal into my checking account, I noticed that there were two choices:  (1) "standard", which was free, with no additional charges, meaning PayPal wouldn't take any more money out of my earnings, and the money would be available in my checking account within a few days (I think it said 1 to 3 days); OR (2) an immediate or "instant" transfer, but PayPal would keep a little bit (more) of my earnings from my sales.  

I don't know whether I was lucky that I never needed that money through PayPal into my checking account immediately, or if I'm just cheap and didn't want PayPal to keep any more than they had to.   

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

They take it out Immediately when buying and printing postage with eBay.  However they charge you extra for buying there postage and take it out of your actual payment as well. We are in the process of setting up a business account with USPS and they give you a discount on postage in the long run buying from USPS will be cheaper and when running a business that matters.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Change from PayPal

@nowandthenfabrics wrote:

They take it out Immediately when buying and printing postage with eBay.  However they charge you extra for buying there postage and take it out of your actual payment as well. We are in the process of setting up a business account with USPS and they give you a discount on postage in the long run buying from USPS will be cheaper and when running a business that matters.

@nowandthenfabrics 

I choose to pay for my labels through PayPal... MP debits my bank account as I have it set as the 'Preferred' method for shopping online with PayPal. It is an immediate debit and pays out of my account the next day.

I've used 'Pending Payouts' before (a couple of times), and the discount on USPS was the same either way.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply