latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: China China China Ebay has let them take over

Well said Dave

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

I am just jumping in .

There are Chinese sellers who use fake USA addresses as if they live in USA.

I have proof and know multiple accounts.

They use names that do not belong to them and Google voice telephone numbers.

They use pay pal accounts that are unverified.

They ship from China.

Both Ebay and PayPal know and make like they care but it is all a legal game they play.

The sellers reply is always "my freind".

The concern is the SCAMMERS out there also know how to play the game.

Ebay has only one goal to look good on the stock exchange each day

NO true long term goal

Then the SCAMMERS come in and take advantage of their greedy system and then go the way of Kmart.

They will all ask what went wrong but all the top execs always get a big parting in chapter 11 in the millions.

The shame is we all pay to ship their stuff free across the USA under the Trilateral agreement.

The Chinese now how to win at the greed game.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

China - largest producer of counterfeit goods in the world. Accounting for 63% of worldwide customs seizures.

China - 3rd in software piracy. 77% of all software products used by consumers and businesses are stolen or resold to unsuspecting consumers.

ebay laid out the red carpet for these contemptible practices and delivered them to the door of ebay.com, i.e. ebay USA and it's buyers. As well as every other ebay in the world. Harvesting the criminal organization to the tune of billions in revenue.

Race? What's happening here is a violation to honest consumers. Has nothing to do with race.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

I don't think the comments are racist.....the complaints would be the same IF the UK were in China's position.

Also, I search Ebay every day for research, but I am researching vintage/collectible/not new.........and never run into China sellers.  I do run into China made items since they are/have been the major mfg of goods for some years now. I sell second hand China made items.....as many  do. Quality is decent, not junk. 

OP sells vintage so not sure if/how her items are ending up at bottom of search behind China sellers.

However, beyond all that.........what we need to recognize, my opinion, is that for new items, simply put, commerce is changing....becoming more "direct from the mfg" to the buyer, as opposed to the old supply chain of MFG to wholesaler to direct sellers.  That's not going to change and will expand simply because of the internet.  Ebay/Amazon/ websites are simply conduits that facilitate that.....it's not inconceivable to me that eventually China sites may shut THEM out, like Alibaba is/was trying to do.  They MUST allow items to be sold, no matter where they are made if they expect to survive as anything other than a "niche" site.  Frankly, I would say the Chinese sellers on ebay are competing more with each other than they are with American sellers, except on name branded stuff which adds a value (perceived thru marketing) that is "better than" unbranded.

People of all nations want to buy cheap goods......that's the history of commerce.  England supplied most textiles in the 1700's, American mills (employing children) in the NE beat their prices and became dominant.  Southern Mills (employing cheaper labor) beat their prices and took over the major mfg.  Mexico took that over and then it spread rapidly to the Caribbean nations, then to SE Asia and now to China.  When standards of living in the world reach an equilibrium, (MFG costs become more equal)........then mfg may return to individual countries, albeit probably employing more robots than people. 

To me, railing against China or Ebay for what is happening is a waste of time, mfg will go to the cheapest source, buyers will seek the cheapest prices, marketplaces must supply products.    Sellers have to find items that do not directly compete, or make items that do compete more attractive (adding perceived value, like branding or faster shipping than available from China).

just my opinion

Message 34 of 34
latest reply