cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Ebay Buyer Guarantee?

I had thought the ebay guarantee.......here:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

covered items listed on .com with some exceptions as stated........

Now I see this:

Coverage:
Read item description or contact seller for details. See all details
(Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs)

instead of the guarantee on stuff from China, like this listing:

I also see it on some items that are designated and shipped from US warehouses.....and a poster (with US id) has stated he ships from such a warehouse but some (not all) of his items, lack the guarantee also.

What's up?  How come some items seem to be opted out of the guarantee.......WHY?

@Anonymous

Message 1 of 181
latest reply
180 REPLIES 180

Anonymous
Not applicable

The example you provided has the coverage logo. Can you give me an example of one that does not have coverage? There is no opt in or opt out process, but some categories are not eligible for coverage under the eBay Money Back Guarantee. Happy to give more detail if you can share a listing here.

Message 2 of 181
latest reply

ebay guarantee.jpg

Thanks for the reassurance, Trinton.......you can see what I saw.  4 different listings.........now when I go back they all show the guarantee.....  Better Half tried after I read your message,  got the guarantee, but then refreshed the page and got the above.    So it's one of the on/off again things.  I'm on FF, he's on Chrome, both up to date............ I won't worry about it......

Sorry for the confusion.......

Message 3 of 181
latest reply

There are many examples, but one low-hanging fruit that's not covered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/322510851469

Message 4 of 181
latest reply

I too have the same problem, says this Item is not covered under MBG.  (# 112402952972 ) When I refresh the page, it goes away, then comes back. Buyer has informed me on this Item.

Message 5 of 181
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarpedge wrote:

Thanks for passing this on! I triple checked this one with our eBay Money Back Guarantee team and this listing would actually be covered, but we're not sure why the logo is not displaying. It could be some kind of code in the listing format or a bug - either way, I will get this reported for investigation!

Message 6 of 181
latest reply

Maybe it has to do with the Chinese not being responsible for paying return shipping like most sellers are so the guarantee would be useless!

Message 7 of 181
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@tarpedge wrote:

Thanks for passing this on! I triple checked this one with our eBay Money Back Guarantee team and this listing would actually be covered, but we're not sure why the logo is not displaying. It could be some kind of code in the listing format or a bug - either way, I will get this reported for investigation!

That one was from Best Buy.  Aren't the big box stores among the special chosen who don't have to follow the same standards as the rest of us, and who even get their feedback regularly scrubbed of non positive comments no matter the reason?

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 181
latest reply

MANY of my ads are showing this not eligible message.....

I looked on IE and Chrome on my PC, both logged in and logged out. I looked on my phone (Android). If I refresh a listing, sometimes the guarantee thing shows, sometimes it doesn't.

@victorjunkman55 

I cheked 10 of your ads randomly (nice stuff!)  ...on my PC using IE. 6 showed the guarantee, 4 did not.

Is this a glimpse of the future for sellers that have a No Return policy?

If it's a glitch, it's a doozy! Wow, thanks ebay!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 9 of 181
latest reply

Who would want to buy with such a thing on your listings? I reported this problem yesterday, but no change. No wonder sales are so far down, A buyer reported this to me on my best selling Item ( Jadeite ) and I assured him I guarantee everything I sell, He went away. Good Luck to you.

Message 10 of 181
latest reply

This is just crazy. On affected ads, the return policy details have been changed too. No mention of MBG. Between this and the Paypal defect thread, I'm close to speechless.

Message 11 of 181
latest reply

I'm used to it. Airheads pushing buttons in California, "Gee, I wonder what this does? " One problem after another, with no sales in between. Good Luck.

Message 12 of 181
latest reply

have been having similar issues.......the money back guarentee is on listing & then it isnt'. check back later, its gone again. no rhyme or reason. most of my listings have been acting like this since lst. nite.........glitch???

Message 13 of 181
latest reply

@victorjunkman55 wrote:

I'm used to it. Airheads pushing buttons in California, "Gee, I wonder what this does? " One problem after another, with no sales in between. Good Luck.

I think THOSE airheads are somewhere else.

I think California only has management, research and customer, ah, um, relations, yeah, that's it, 'relations'.  Thinking about it, though, you may still be right.  Smiley Surprised

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 181
latest reply

@jbbowers12012

Thanks for chiming in.

I do see that your ads are being affected by this glitch too. I checked 5 listings, 3 showed the not eligible glitch.

I see you offer 30 day returns, w/ free return shipping.

So.... why in the world would ebay yank the MBG for this seller?

Man, I feel a major headache coming on....

Message 15 of 181
latest reply