cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel offer sent to buyers

I know this has been asked in the past but not recently, and it seems that the way to cancel offers sent to buyers has been changed. My question is how the heck to cancel offers I sent to prospective buyers? How long before offers I send expire? I can't find any current information or help about this in the either the eBay system or on the Forum.

Please don't tell me to "click on cancel offers" on the review offers screen...IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cancel offer sent to buyers

Hi, you can end the listing and then sell similar to relist it. That will cancel all the offers on an item.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Having to end a listing just to cancel an offer to buyers is ridiculous.  It can be a lot of work in replicating a listing that you thought was perfect.  eBay seems to be sophisticated in other  aspects of their app but failing miserably when it comes to cancelling, retracting, or ending an offer.

Another (related) question is, where is the record of what you offered to the buyer(s)?  I have no message, email, or note indicating what my offer was or when it I made the offer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@charles10117 wrote:

Having to end a listing just to cancel an offer to buyers is ridiculous.  It can be a lot of work in replicating a listing that you thought was perfect. 

@charles10117  It is very easy and no work at all. When you end an item (3 seconds), you hit sell similar or relist, another (3 seconds). The only thing that may take another 40 seconds is make sure you close out accepts offers, and add immediate payment required. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There might be an easier or more sophisticated way to do this, but I made a typo once on an offer and saw it as I hit send, so I ended and relisted the item.   I imagine ebay doesn't want to make this easy for sellers to do since it can disappoint potential buyers.

The option to view your offers is on action drop down (review all offers) for the item.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

To cancel an offer on eBay, go to the "Messages" tab, find the relevant conversation with the buyer, and select "More actions" > "Cancel offer." Keep in mind that eBay encourages clear communication with the buyer throughout the process.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@infinitefind 

Sorry, but you are incorrect, that would only work if messages were exchanged, but if  you send offer to interested buyers there are no messages exchanged between the seller and interested buyers, sellers don't even know who those interested buyers are. So to cancel such an offer a seller needs to end the listing. 
IMG_1287.jpeg

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Members that are new or have few feedbacks have no intention of buying but choose to watch. I have had a member with 1 feedback often, be the recipient of an offer I sent to, for example, two watchers and that lonely 1 feedback person never accepts or counters.

Besides it’s helpful to click on the feedback of those to whom we sent offers, to at least see the country they’re registered in. Don’t believe eBay allows that anymore?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No it is simply just ebay's greed. Every time eBay does something like this it's just greed and disparity due to being a floundering corporation. Ebay doesn't want the offer canceled. Ebay wants the buyer with the offer to purchase on that offer, they don't want you to cancel it. We used to be able to but ebay should be filing chapter 13 bankruptcy instead of doing stuff like this to us. This is why the average seller doesn't care if eBay goes out of business due to unethical business practices like this that is basically all they do these days. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

And now you get to lose all the people who are watching it. That's just really bad advice The advice should be we all need to complain to eBay and have them fix this ridiculousness. It really isn't our fault that they do bad business It's their fault that they fail at e-commerce.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply