cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we talk about something besides GTC please?

Anyone got anything positive to say about eBay? Anything except GTC please.

Im working in my PJs right now. I love that I can work in my pjs. They’re pretty fancy cuddl duds pjs but they’re comfy.

I love that I can work from home cause I’m not able to hold down a job anymore.

I love that I get to stay home with my puppies.

I love the relatively low cost of listing on eBay.

I love the fact that we get to chat with eBay staff once a week and they help us out here all the time. Some sites have no way to get CS.

I could sit here all day but I need to take a break and play with my pups for a few minutes.

Really! Ebay is not that bad. They are not the evil enemy.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 1 of 112
latest reply
111 REPLIES 111

February 2019 was my best selling month ever in 18+ years.
January 2019 was my 3rd best selling month ever

March is on pace to be my best month ever.

All of these plus all the things you listed in your post. Working from home is the best!
Message 2 of 112
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, because there are a LOT of us out here who are VERY angry about the GTC change. You'll find out soon enough.
Message 3 of 112
latest reply

Doubtful.

Sellers who already (mostly) used GTC don't care about the change.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 112
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Doubtful.

Sellers who already (mostly) used GTC don't care about the change.

I'm in this boat, but understand why many would be upset at this.

Doesn't it make you long for the days we talked about how come sales are so bad or how come buyers can't get negative feedbacks? Let's go back to those topics yea? Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 112
latest reply

Theres good stuff to say about Ebay? If thats the case just give it a few days and they will find a way to destroy that. Next update they will charge you .30 per item listed in you PJ's, but don't worry they will have some bogus "scientific data" to back it up.  Ebay knows best

Message 6 of 112
latest reply

I love that I can work from home, make money and watch all the daytime talk shows in my PJs! I work a part time job usually 3pm-8pm. All the full time workers don't understand what I do.(I think they're jealous I don't have to work full time :D) Yes sometimes sales are slow especially when they're making changes to the site. But ebay deff helps me not have to work a regular 9-5.

Message 7 of 112
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

Anyone got anything positive to say about eBay? Anything except GTC please.

Im working in my PJs right now. I love that I can work in my pjs. They’re pretty fancy cuddl duds pjs but they’re comfy.

I love that I can work from home cause I’m not able to hold down a job anymore.

I love that I get to stay home with my puppies.

I love the relatively low cost of listing on eBay.

I love the fact that we get to chat with eBay staff once a week and they help us out here all the time. Some sites have no way to get CS.

I could sit here all day but I need to take a break and play with my pups for a few minutes.

Really! Ebay is not that bad. They are not the evil enemy.

Hi Patricia!

I can positively say that eBay has broadened my horizons and saved me a TON of money thanks to that thing they claim is a "search engine".upside_down

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 8 of 112
latest reply

I just wish all the new posters would stick with existing threads instead of starting a gazillion new ones.  I've tried reading most, but lose track of which ones I've already seen.   

Plus the new posters seem to hate paragraphs for some reason.Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 112
latest reply

I love eBay because the sales I have made...

Allowed me to help my  son start his own business, Snakenstein Reptiles.

Allowed me to help my daughter with tuition for her Masters Degree.  She went on to get her Doctorate on a full scholarship.

Buy a brand new Winnebago travel trailer and have fun traveling.

Remodel my 1200 sq ft workshop into the best place I have ever worked in my life.

Helped me make lots of new friends through my business.

Message 10 of 112
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I just wish all the new posters would stick with existing threads instead of starting a gazillion new ones.  I've tried reading most, but lose track of which ones I've already seen.   

Plus the new posters seem to hate paragraphs for some reason.Smiley Indifferent

Yes the board is flooded with those posts. If anyone has a legitimate non GTC issue or concern, best you hold your tongue for about a week or two when this GTC hoopla dies down. Your stuff'll get pushed way down the list really fast.

Message 11 of 112
latest reply

I have sold on eBay since 1999.

For the past 7 years I just list everything as Good Till Cancelled and forget about it until it sells.

Works fine for me. Sell about 200k a year through eBay and it has been great.

One of the best things eBay did was giving me a store for $50 a month with 1500 listings.

I use the 1500 listings each month and add new items as older ones sell.

You will not see the listings on the US site as they are all ship to Australia only.

Sure, eBay's changes have been annoying at times, there have been plenty of times I have had to edit all my listings to comply with their latest directives. One tries to adapt.

I hate the nine to five routine, so eBay is the best thing that ever happened to me, threw away the alarm clock years ago...

Between eBay and my website, I have all the work I need..

Love working from home, the social isolation is the only drawback, probably why the discussion boards are important for eBay sellers.

Here are 10 reasons why eBay has been really good for us.

1) Much cheaper than going to work, no travelling expenses, lunch costs, decent clothes, etc, perky appearance, etc are required.

2) No travelling time, or getting ready to go to work, we save 10-20 hours a week over the average worker which can be put into more productivity. Think of howe long it takes to get up, get prepared and go to work and travel home from work. It is a LONG time each week out of their life for many people.

3) We are our own boss to a certain extent, remembering that eBay are a law unto eBay alone.

We try to look after customers but can block them or refuse service if they have done the wrong thing in the past (eg, not paid for items they purchased, negged us unfairly, etc).

4) Can choose the hours we want to work and the times of day we want to work.

5) No need for staff unless a big operation..

6) Can work (and have done) even when we are sick or disabled. If one can stagger to the computer, one can work.

7) Home office expenses can be claimed as a tax deduction. In most cases, even part of your mortgage can be claimed as a tax deduction.

😎 We are home most of the time, so can be a good neighbour and keep an eye on our neighbourhood.

9) Can be really hard, once you are over about 45 in this society to get another job.

10) Can be done part time of full time. The amount of effort (and business nous) generally dictates the amount of reward.

Message 12 of 112
latest reply

No

Message 13 of 112
latest reply

Like yourself, I have been on eBay since 1999 and it has been great.

No alarm clock, no travelling to and from work, low expenses, claim part of my mortgage as a tax deduction.

I can work even when sick or disabled and have done at times.

Sure, their constant changes have been annoying, one tries to adapt.

Overall, eBay has been a godsend for my wife and I, hope it can continue for a while longer.

As for the dreaded GTC, I have used it for the past 7 years and it is a lot less work, just set and forget until sold.

One of the best things eBay did was give me a store with 1500 listings for $50 a month.

I use them all and add new material as listings sell.  Works fine.

Sure, sometimes business is slow (just as it is with retail shops) but overall, I am really glad I found eBay all those years ago.

Message 14 of 112
latest reply

Yes we can. Can we talk about how great some of the contestants are this year on American Idol and The Voice? LOL

Message 15 of 112
latest reply