cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Convert inventory format to CSV or Excel ?

After much grief with Ebay, I have decided to sell on a different site. Does anybody know how I can convert (for Free) my Ebay inventory to CSV or Excel format so the other site can upload my products?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Does the "other site" have a CSV import facility?  I sell on 2 other sites and I copy and paste. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't believe there are any built in eBay functions for exporting active listings.

Turbo Lister or File Exchange can so with limitations.

Turbo Lister (TL) can synchronize with your account and then export items to CSV, with pointers to the images if TL was set up to store images externally, but that isn't some automatic format that can be uploaded to other sites - would take lots of manipulation unless target site has specifically set something up to deal with that.

Additionally, TL has been deprecated, eBay doesn't want new users to start using it, and makes it difficult to obtain.

File Exchange can grab listings in CSV format, but ignores various parts of listings (not sure of details, but some item specifics? policies? not sure) and does not handle images at all (it can upload photos that are web hosted, but does not download them at all.)

Third party subscription (not free) listing services can probably do some sort of export.

Possible that one or more of shipscript's tools can do something: http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/

For example, the "Bulk Active Content Editor for eBay Listings" can grab all your active item titles, prices, and descriptions, and save them as a CSV file, which can then be edited to and maybe massaged into a format the other site can use. (using the "Scan Report with Revised Desc CSV" suboption in the scan reports section.

The "Bulk Photo Zip for Archiving eBay Photos" can grab your listing images and save them by item number - those maybe could be uploaded to the other site (again - no idea how exactly that would work)

Turbo Lister would probably be your best option. For help with that post in the https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/bd-p/tools-apps-db forum
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The way I have been doing it,  I know this labor intensive, if you have 100's of listings.  But what I do, is  I opened up a text file (I use Apache Open Office, Free software like MS Word, etc.) and I click on the listing and  I copy the Title, tiny picture (under the big photo in your listing) and the description.  Just saving it in one big document to list elsewhere.   You can use separate text files for each category you sell in.   Since you have your original photos, there is no need to copy them.  I just use the little photo, so I know what the title and description is. 

I also PDF my All Selling page in the old MY eBay.  That shows the amount and price.  If you are using Buyer pays shipping you will have to write that in on the PDF once you print it out. 

I have 3 months before the listings expire on eBay to do it.  I don't want to lose all my work, so this is the only way I found to do this.  

Change the channel!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I have found the sites that will import my eBay items, but I am trying now for Marcari and they don't.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply