cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants item sent to her a different address...

Hi. I sold an item and the Buyer wants it shipped to her sister's address in a different state, supposedly as a gift, which could be the case (it's not a phone or anything; value about $50.00).  I informed her that I would not be covered by Seller protection if I shipped to her sister's address and told her she needed to add that address so I would be covered. I haven't sold in awhile. Is this still the case? What should I do if she refuses? Thanks for the suggestions

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Buyer wants item sent to her a different address...

Report the buyer for unreasonable demands now so if there are problems later

Ever think maybe you create your own problems later?

Requesting a gift shipping address isn't even a demand, much less unreasonable.  

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

Report the buyer for unreasonable demands now so if there are problems later

Ever think maybe you create your own problems later?

Requesting a gift shipping address isn't even a demand, much less unreasonable.  

Since the buyer never finds out about the report, how is that creating a problem?

Requesting a change in the shipping method or location is the very first option under the unreasonable demands report link.  So yes, indeed, requesting to ship to a gift address that is not on the payment is considered an unreasonable demand by ebay.

(*Bleep*)
Message 32 of 34
latest reply

" I'd think her negatives left for sellers would be a lot worse if she was a scammer. These 3 negs may be warranted."

---------

fwiw,

Scammers don't want to leave too many Negs.

Just enough to get noticed by nervous sellers.

Not enough to get on eBay's radar.

I think retrose is saying.. that scammers are pretty good at "walking that line", so to speak.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

If the buyer has over 700 feedbacks, an informative question is....How old is the id?  If the id is a couple years old, then they are buying A LOT of stuff and while that is not always suspicious,  the request to a different address is a monstrous red flag against the buyer.

And it isn't walking the line - a good scammer knows that everything they say and do can effect how quickly and easily they can get refunds out of sellers.  The id is more a prop than an account.  They have to dress it just right to lead an insecure seller to the refund well and get them to open the wallet and start buying rounds of freebies..

That is why there are so many scam styles - from God Bless all the way down to bullying, the scammers profile the seller from the listing and picks how they will attack.  Newbies are easy, most don't understand how ebay works and scammers can cash in on that.  I am sure that many scammers have several different ids, all dressed differently that they can use to influence how the different types of sellers will react.

(*Bleep*)
Message 34 of 34
latest reply