cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer skirted block, left malicious swearing feedback, ebay refused to remove.

This is a posting account to protect our privacy for obvious reasons including retaliation. We just got negative feedback from a 2nd acct, same address, the blocked acct asked me to unblock them twice, then used 2nd acct which only has 1 other feedback in 5 years that is a seller calling them a scammer.

We’ve sold 42k items here and our acct is 20 years old.

We blocked a buyer months ago when I told the buyer no politely, he insulted me and became very irrational.  They asked us if we would sell our item for the same price that someone elses auction that hadnt ended yet, would end at.  We dont do auctions. That makes zero sense for us. The buyer gets second chance without bidding and ours were in nicer new condition to. Basically he wanted a nicer one for the price of lesser one and expected to say yes.  This happened to be less than 50% of  what we sold them for recently.

We were told by ebay that when someone evades a block, to block that acct and that we could cancel using "problem w buyers address".  We did this. Everything was obvious, the address was the same, the feedback on that acct comment was calling them a scammer and it was a 5 year old acct with no other transactions. It sure looks like it was used to evade blocks.  

When I told the “buyer” no, politely I might add. He started calling me greedy and said “I didn’t think so. It’s all about money to you.” Immediately attacking my character. That person already has an issue with us. We are a business, most are about money, erm eBay. Were nota charity and were not selling anything anyone needs. No rent, no food, no bad insurance. Were selling essentially luxury nostalgia leisure goods.

This person was a problem in the past and I didn’t block them. They say very irrational things. When they leave negatives they scorched earth the seller with “LIAR” etc

When a buyer already has problems, I would rather block them and move on. It’s pretty much the only tool that has offered a tiny level of protection. Fast forward, He starts messaging me saying sell him the parts and I can block him after. Again not very rational behavior. He asks twice, I consider removing the items for sale but, that’s not fair to us and also you think eBay would protect us if he clearly goes around the block. We work everyday, all day. 7 days a week. That’s no exaggeration. We haven’t taken a vacation in 4 years of any sort because everything is getting worse and it’s obvious we will stop doing this at some point. Whether it’s the economy or the stress.

So they buy using another acct. Same address we’ve sold to before. This acct has one feedback, yet is 5 years old and the feedback is calling this buyer account a scammer. The feedback says on this 2nd acct says the guy "tried to leave negative feedback” meaning ebay removed it but allowed the act that seems to have only existed to go around blocks as it hasnt been not used again. SO this buyer was already reported in order to have that acct active.  There is a report and you wonder what happens when you report an acct. Nothing!

I canceled the listing choosing “problem with buyers address” which is the closest and what eBay told us to choose in the past. Last night as were going to sleep. We get a malicious feedback that calls us “GREEDY”, “complete **bleep**” “Horrible seller”. They fail to mention that they were blocked and even if we considered going through with the sale, the one feedback is calling them a scammer. We're tired, were trying to avoid getting scammed because its always like pulling teeth to get eBay to protect you. We’ve done over 40k(items)  with an average above $100 per item and the buyer skirting block, swearing- everyone knows what **bleep** means, straight up libel.

Because we take our business seriously and have glowing feedback I don’t sleep well. Im now into 2 hours of multiple calls to eBay, using the report last night and its kicks back telling me we can’t remove the feedback. I spoke to 2 cs people who one declines and the supervisor who says he put in for it to be looked at removal by Wednesday. Its Friday. We’ve had obvious stuff removed in the past and generally don’t call eBay anymore no matter how bad stuff gets because we just end up with anxiety and angry because they don’t protect us and they gaslight us, same thing that usually happens here aside from that one time an ebay rep removed someones name from our blocked list a the buyers request.  I reported it here, was told no that didnt happen. Search our comments, one of the ebay reps cam on and said it did and it shouldnt have happened. We dont lie. It’s gotten progressively worse. We sell enough that we used to have a rep, phone number to call and now we spend 10 minutes going through chatbot to be connected to people who agree but won’t/can’t do anything.

So now this buyer is emboldened by the fact that they can make malicious libelous statements and abuse sellers with impunity and ebay is allowing this obvious abuse.

It’s the worst most malicious feedback we’ve received in 40k+ transactions. A slam dunk for removal prior, blocked buyer, swearing(even if abbreviated), Abusive calling us greedy and saying they did nothing, the blocked buyer also proved that they were blocked by asking repeatedly to be unblocked. It’s like being put in front for bullet and told don’t move. Obviously not as bad but, the direction of the metaphor . It’s saying you can’t protect yourself if a buyer gives you every reason to block them and is so obvious that eBay now says maybe it will be removed in a week. This effects our business now. False libelous statements as well.

I’ll post our acc if I must so people can see how bad it is and how bad it looks. It’s always been like the horrible policy "broken windows phenomenon".  We got a negative in the past from a horrible buyer and another followed. It emboldens malicious people.  We giove great service and products but, were not a discounter so people get mad that they have top pay money for a rare out of production new item. We pay a lot for our items.

We can spend our energy making a great store and taking care of customers or fighting to be protected in obvious cases. The buyer is emboldened to do this to people if eBay takes no action for obvious malicious intent. We decided to cancel the sale vs possibly being scammed by an irrational buyer where we have negative feedback and some scam saying the part was broken or some such thing.

Ebay is not protecting sellers even though they tell you thanks for having act for 20 years when you call.

Im going to make a YouTube video and some other posts about this. This ruined my morning and evening. Were not asking you to fix the international shipping that won’t allow buyers to combine which has lost us multiple sales or spend hours explaining that we can’t combine any orders without canceling and making new listings which buyers say isn’t worth the time. Theyr'e international so try explaining something that you’ve always done for years that you no longer can do with language barrier.

Were asking them to remove feedback on a pretty spotless loyal acct from a malicious buyer who swears and insults in messages and feedback.

This makes me want to close our store as everything looks like a potential problem when not even the most basic and obviously necessary protections are available . We’ve paid $4,072.92 in fees just to eBay this month. And we can’t get a basic obvious protection or assurance that there are any in place.

Look at the banner at the top when you post, Ebay tells you this is a public forum not to post personal information. Were an actual business so if I post on our actual selling account, our personal info is connected, all of it, hence the posting acct.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Buyer skirted block, left malicious swearing feedback, ebay refused to remove.

@gurlcat 

I...just go ahead and make the minimum offer amount and the auto-accept amount the exact same. The way I see it, if I'm willing to consider an amount as low as $X, I might as well set it to auto-accept that amount, and save myself the time of having to answer the notification by manually replying 'accept.'...

Since my items are all long tail (I recently sold a book which has been listed since 2004) and I put Best Offer on most items,  I want the ability to consider the age of the listing before accepting or declining.

I know some sellers prefer getting a chance to look at a buyer's profile...but I already pre-dodge most bullets by having free returns, TRS, and my auto-block set for non-payers.

I agree.

The only problem I have with Best Offer is that accepting the offer ends the Immediate Payment Required option.

But my demographic is pretty good about prompt payments.

Message 46 of 60
latest reply

Re: Buyer skirted block, left malicious swearing feedback, ebay refused to remove.

@gurlcat wrote:

“… I already pre-dodge most bullets by having free returns, TRS, and my auto-block set for non-payers.”

Well said, @gurlcat , and smart practice!

Message 47 of 60
latest reply

@soccerteeth 

Never trust anything the phone clerks tell you. And that includes the supervisors.

They don't get their paychecks from eBay, they are poorly trained, they have little actual authority and mostly want to get you off the phone, fill their daily quota and get a pee break.

The reason posters are advising the actual employees assigned to the social media accounts, is that they not only are well trained and have some authority, but also have time to read the entire transaction including Messages from both parties and choose a plan of action without having an impatient caller literally breathing down their necks.

The Chats can take hours. But not all problems can be solved in seconds.

And you get a transcript.

Not only does this allow you to review what was said, in case it wasn't what you heard, but it gives you something solid to show if your difficulties continue.

If your problem boils down to:

You had a difficult transaction with a buyer.

After resolving the transaction you Blocked the buyer.

You did not opt to block communication from the buyer on new transactions.

The buyer used a different account to bypass the Block.

You cancelled the transaction as "problem with address".

The "new" buyer left obscene feedback.

EBay has not removed the feedback, after promising to do so.

Did I leave something out?

BTW, obscene can be acceptable depending on the culture. In the USA "bu g  ger" is a mild swearword. Here in Canada it is obscene and you could even get sued for slander used in the wrong context.

Message 48 of 60
latest reply

Thanks, you know too much about this.

Here s funny one, the word in question is **bleep**, abbreviation for 2 words, we all know what it means. one of the commenters here wrote it in a post in this thread and it came up bleep so ebay is acknowledging this isnt a nice word

I tried getting through vioa fb and they didnt asnwer so I guess they jumped off early and I have to have this garbage on my wall all weeked and now I have zero faith in ebay doing anything reasonable.

you were correct wuith everything but ebay didnt promise this time. the supervisor said he agreed with me thats obscene and should be removed.

I had blocked buyer buy previsouly, we shipped it, I reported it to ebay ahead of time, which does nothing but waste time i do not have.  It was a few years ago, when the buyer stated a 2nd problem on the second sacct. i have transcripts of ebay telling me I was in the clear,  promising me it would be taken care of.  The person didnt leave negative but they opened  fake not as described claim, saying it wasnt the correct size, a size that the manufacturer has cast into it. It was and later sold when I revceived it back as the size. Someone lied, then ebay lied becasue they made me take return after telling me to send it, that wed be covered, then we gota  defect and ate 2 shippings. The money wasnt the bad part. its knowing how bad the lies are, how zero the protections are and either way you handle it youre apparently screwed. its a deep rot,

So the transcript means nothing. This is a monopoly and what happens when integrity leaves the building. The rest of us are flapping in the wind trying to survive and being happy that they didnt rip us off harder. Thats not a good benchmark.

Now we have a very malicious buyer who can do what they wnat and are.  i dont know if you read that another acct came to ask me if it was avaialble. One with the first accts feedback at the top. i dont know if he asked someone to buy it for him or is shilling his own auctions.

years ago I reported to ebay the $1 listings that would all pop up quick with high dollar items. They were too good to be true, the reason I saw them was they were selling stuff we'd previously sold.  They havent stopped. I have pages and pages saved every time I see these,still trying to sell our sold parts as well as others. for years these accts can operate becasue why? Ebay wants larger user numbers? So there is no integrity here. I know there always exists a random person trying to do as much as they can in a bad group but, i havent seen that person in years.

i just made a sale to a zero feedback acct, similar name in a different state, just created today and it doesnt make me feel safe. When you have no security and they are not holding up anything their end but, a barely functional platform, then the users suffer psychologically and Im aware this is baked into this whole pseudo culture of dishonesty but, many of us are already at the edge. Exhausted and tired of it.

Ive gotten nothing but sadder here and opened my defunct gross fb acct to no answer, no one from ebay proper here.  i dont knwo what these forums really exist for aside from appearance. Emperor wears no clothes.

Message 49 of 60
latest reply

@soccerteeth wrote:

The best part about your comment was that you wrote **bleep** and it was bleeped out. The sentiment is there in the feedback and ebay is clearly acknowledging this on this forum by bleeping out 2 letters yet my business can stand with this all weekend.   I have contacted them via facebook after trying to with our business page and seeing no message button.  Apparently you can only contact ebays biz page with a personal which is weird since the fb bizpage has our ebay name.

They should not have been closed this early but, no one replied.  It says happy to help and "will be with you shortly 27 mins ago.". This is a company that ranks its sellers as the urinal by far.

Hi @soccerteeth Sorry for your trouble.

Just wanted to mention that there is usually a delay in getting a response for the Facebook reps. “Shortly” can mean up to 48 hours, although it is usually not that long before they answer a query.

For what it’s worth, if i may, i would like to add that i believe some of your frustrations with eBay arise from your unmet expectations over how eBay manages its seller members and their issues/concerns.

eBay places its own interests, and those of the buyers, first and foremost in its business practices and procedures. And while seller protections do exist, they are far down the list of eBay’s concerns. Sellers must create their own individual protections. (I do this by keeping close tabs on eBay policies.)

I see you are also expecting the platform to apply logic and fairness to its decision-making in cases of buyer ill behavior, during disagreements in buyer-seller relations, etc. ( Yes…I know I know! It’s backwards crazy.)

But with a billion listings across 187 countries, and millions of sellers globally, eBay has automated most all of its responsorial and house-keeping actions. Therefore bots often make the decisions on the front lines, so to speak.

So when trading-partner conflict occurs on this platform, even in cases of buyer fraud, the buyer will usually prevail, especially in a Not As Described case. This policy is the greatest risk sellers face when listing on eBay, because those with criminal intent know how to game the system. Sellers have few choices on eBay** in how to deal with buyer fraud. One on-site avenue available is the appeal process where sellers can officially challenge eBay’s ruling on a case’s outcome. It is a kind of convoluted seller protection.

There are so many sellers available, there is not a powerful incentive for eBay to change policies. I was here the year when eBay ousted many thousands of sellers over a short period. There was deep outrage, but it did not translate into change for more seller protections.

At this point in time, one accepts the status quo, or one finds alternatives, though many have invested too much to leave. That breeds unrest, but i haven’t any answers for that. My own eBay circumstances remain stable, so i remain too.

I wish you well now, as well as in your future endeavors. (Please pardon my ‘War and Peace’ response.)

*(There are other outside choices, of course.)

Message 50 of 60
latest reply

@soccerteeth 

Then the buyer looks like an idiot and hothead and you, either by ignoring his (redacted?)obscenity look like the put upon professional.

Unless....

You responded.

Since you don't want to let us see the FB or your possible Response we can only say that you may have a neg on your rating, but most buyers seem to think 95% is an A+.

Most buyers will never read FB that is#26 on the list.

If you left a Response that is anything other than short, calm, short, professional, short, polite and short, you made things worse.

It's your right to  keep private which account you have problems with, but it doesn't help if you are looking for advice.

Message 51 of 60
latest reply

@soccerteeth wrote:

This is what happens, Misdirections . A few of you are havinga good time talking abou things that have nothing to do with this. First its best offer, now its how i received a message.  You are giving advice but dont know where this page is, the page I already mentioned where there is a literal toggle that says "dont allow blocked buyers to contact me" on or off. 

We were talking about a CHANGE to how blocking a buyer works, and we were not "having a good time" about it, but being confused because your situation contradicts everyone else's with a blocked buyer being able to write to you.  We KNOW that has always been the case ....or rather it HAD been the case until about a year ago; then eBay changed it to where blocked buyers cannot contact the seller (except for you apparently).  Whole threads have been going on about it here.  As for "Misdirections" -what more directions can anyone give you, what exactly do you want from this Community?  You seem very pleased with how much money you make, yet devastated about a single negative feedback.  You keep chewing me out for some reason, when I never even said anything rude to you.  In fact I went to the trouble of capturing screenshots to show you where the blue message button is on both the desktop and phone EFB home pages.  But I guess you just want to be grumpy about something, so now it's about having to wait a weekend with one negative feedback.  Oh no!!!  

Message 52 of 60
latest reply

Here's one very easy "direction" -don't answer emails from buyers trying to haggle via email.  The fact that they are either ignoring your  Make Offer settings, OR the fact that that the item in question does not have Make Offer .... them writing you to override your intent is a bad sign, and honestly mild hostility in my opinion.  You said you politely declined this guy's offer and I believe you.  But for certain types of people, there is no such thing as a polite 'no' -all they hear is "keep pushing."   And each time you reply back to them, you invite them to push again.  I have seen it countless times, and I bet you have too.  You are under zero obligation to reply to emails, it is not against eBay policy to ignore them, and although in most cases it's good customer service to reply, when it comes to unsolicited offers by possible hot-heads, silence is your best defense. 

Message 53 of 60
latest reply

Youre not helping AT ALL.  Its high jacklingh a therad at best. im here looking for actual help and youve made 5+ posts about best offer and now about how blocked buyers get through.  Thats all very simple so you  clearly dont know enough to be helping.  if youve made 10 posts on a thread say were just wondering, thats not as covert as you think it is.

These forums are toxic. Its just like narcisisistioc family, someone asks for help or points something out and people come out of the woodwork to scapegoat and vicytimize, all under the very overt pretense of helping.

I think out of all of these posts a few people mentioned facebook, a couple said im not reading that and a few took the meat put of the thread by repeatedly talking about best offers, block buyers getting through.  And the very obvious "I just cant figure out", Im woindering how,.."  Those are immediate invalidations .  This is not how real forum operates. I belong to some. When people start even highjacking let alone lowjacking people, the mods say, make your own thread about the topic.

This is all ebays doing for letting this toic mess fester at best. Most of you arethe kick them down crew.  I used to read these years agoi, its the same people just good old sellers on the board like its their job. 

Its also for little things.  I dint come here trying to get ebay to give me money or even really about the feedback, its about people operating in a palce with no safety. Whether that be your neighborhood, your store , or online. if someones creating accounts, going against ebays OWN rules that are still on their site, using curse words or even abbreviation that are auto bleeped out here yet a malicious buyer can do this.  Did you read the part about another acct asking if that item was still available.  

in the past ebay says obvious malicious, remove, done, you cant swar and call sellers greedy in all caps, you cant make false staments that seller raised price(ironically that was what i was talking about ebay showing original prices as sold, nt what the items old for.   ie the item in question was $100 but sold for 50% off yet the malicious blocked buyer sees 100 on a completed listing after only paying 50 and says im jacking the prices after.   there are 3-4 reasons to remove this with haste and no reasons not you yet, I have 2 on phones and 2 emails that repeated the same lines and didnt read anything. and a bunch of people high jacking the forum, not reading my post becasue its so long, yet they have time to hang out here all of the time, and the best advice is do nothing , go to fb .

All the while ebay became less becasue a buyer that is clearly a stunted irrational individual is not punished in any many for disgusting behavior, ebay shows once again , it will not hold up its own rules and pretty much seems like the hate the sellers.  The buyer has already done it once via that acct, now twice, now probaly emboldened to rob sellers blind and abuse anyone just like a child that doesnt get reprimanded or direction. 

The smallest most basic protection that has been there for years even if hard fought.

This is a board where there is no help just supply for certain types of people that like watching other misery.  We reap what we sew.  Our psychologies do not/cannot exist in a vacuum. This is carried onto families in people in your life.

As usual < i somehow (i know why)end up the problem for calling out the misdirection, highjacking and rudeness disguised as helpfullness. 

Message 54 of 60
latest reply

More abusive useless words. How much do you sell here?  did you read the post, no offers, no questions second acct bought it.  This is called scapegoating and its gross.

\

If i sell $50k+ a month for years with a "near" spotless acct and thats takes a lot of undesrstaning of ebays mechanisms and how to communicate with customers.  What is your qualifications for "helping".

I dont come on here gloating and becasue I have/made it better than most doesnt mean I dont have an obvious legit problem.

Ive written very little on here and have been picked up by ecommercebytes and replied to pulblicly by one of the ebay heads after being gaslit that what I said happened couldnt have happened but what about best offer.

I dont go here until it becomes ridiculous.  You all do the same thing , try to find a way to make iut be the persons fauilt who has a problem with ebay.  Psychologically thats called a lot of things, victim blaming comes to mind.   Its actually a lot of resopurces to deny, misdirect and blame DARVO vs just solving the problem.  Contrary to most people I see this easily because its my special interest and have been schooled in it.

D deny

A attack

R reverse x

V victim

and

O offender

Youre advice about solence is also rdiciculous , being passive and accepting injustice is committing injustice and what allows it to floursih, its what people with no backbone or a profit off of misery say.

Turn the other cheek is exactly whats abusers want you to do so they can keep smacking you and long term they hope you start blaming yourself for what they are doing or allowing to be done to you. They get afresh cheek to smack

This is all so obvious and Im done becasue nothing has been helped, actually twisted the injury , perhaps fb will work  im going to make my next career making yt videos about these very things I speak about and my god do I have examples to draw from.

Message 55 of 60
latest reply

Thanks to you and the few who suggested facebook. Ebay fb removed it. I contact last night and didnt see a message until this morning.  It was a obvious removal they said since I already blocked the person so precedent remains that if you block someone, its still against ebays policy to skirt the block. they read my reply and did within minutes .

I am very wordy becasue there is always a ton of context and a lot of people not operating in good faith here and they will try and confuse and conflate the issue with all sorts of stuff. Ive never made a post here without that horrible treatment.  This is the most toxic forum ive ever been on and I belong to a few soe of them are pretty rotten but im there for information.

The thank you is sincere to a few.

Message 56 of 60
latest reply

At last the OP followed advice and instructions and used the trained employees assigned to  Facebook to ask for removal.
After hours of  angst spent attacking those who were giving that simple advice.

And we also get to see the OP account they were complaining about.

With an unfortunate Response to a previous neg.

Message 57 of 60
latest reply

I really started wondering if this was some bizarre kind of prank or thought experiment or something. 

Message 58 of 60
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

At last the OP followed advice and instructions and used the trained employees assigned to  Facebook to ask for removal.
After hours of  angst spent attacking those who were giving that simple advice.

And we also get to see the OP account they were complaining about.

With an unfortunate Response to a previous neg.

@reallynicestamps  Agreed, quite unfortunate. Prospective buyers will wonder why the seller left such seemingly over-reactive angry responses. Especially to the two neutrals—why even call attention to them? It makes the seller appear to be an over-the-top angry soul who cannot handle minor conflict. The seller did far more damage to themselves with their responses than any buyer feedback did.

Message 59 of 60
latest reply

Have you uploaded any videos to youtube yet?  I would definitely watch, if you post your channel's name here. 

Message 60 of 60
latest reply