cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's response to an item they purchased

Hello, a little over a week ago I sold an item to a buyer and 29 minutes after the buyer paid for the transaction I get this email from him using the "Resolution Center" link "I haven't received my item" stating, "If I find any peanuts in the packing material I will give you a negative feedback". Is it any wonder that the weak policy of ebay towards the buyer is fustrationing sellers? This ediot used the resolution center to threaten me with a negative feedback, how bad is this? This is a new one to tell your ebay friends, just when you think you have heard ist all (18 years on this site) along comes another wrikle that adds to the sellers demise.   bubbapeaandme8178 

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Buyer's response to an item they purchased

wrote:

wrote:

Just curious - but why would a buyer have an objection to packing peanuts?

Maybe they are afraid that * gasp * they may get mixed green, pink and white ones!

Someone actually got negged for this!  

Message 16 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

Hello, a little over a week ago I sold an item to a buyer and 29 minutes after the buyer paid for the transaction I get this email from him using the "Resolution Center" link "I haven't received my item" stating, "If I find any peanuts in the packing material I will give you a negative feedback".  

Has he done that before? What does his feedback Left for Others look like?

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Maybe they are afraid that * gasp * they may get mixed green, pink and white ones!

That's an old eBay myth!  Years ago on a chat board thread about buyer demands, someone came up with a sarcastic post about how angry his buyer got when the packing peanuts were more than one color.  It was funny then and still is - wish I'd kept the exact post.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 18 of 41
latest reply

wrote:
I hope you reported him to eBay.
But - how could he have opened an INR before the EDD?

I'm wondering the same thing

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

Could sez:  "I see that peanuts would be an inappropriate packing material for most of your items unless they are at least double boxed."

Color me confuzzelated.

Heavy items either crush the peanuts or slither through them to the edge of the box, eliminating their cushioning effect.

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

Legendary and silly as that thread was, the buyer's complaint was no doubt about the excessive handling fees, not the color coordination.  I suspect there is more (or maybe less) to this OP's story as well.

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I know - that's why I brought it up.

wrote:

OK. Nothing like seeing them first hand in the package I just received, to see why they can be a problem.

But my cat seems to be having a ball batting them around.

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

I don't purchase many items that are breakable, however, I do not care for packing peanuts either, but I would threaten any seller w/neg feedback.  

For one, they are messy and I don't like messy and now with the cats, it is hard to keep them away from them.  The mean one just gets in the box and have them stuck to her; the baby likes them for "snacks" 😞  If I see peanuts used as packing, I ask my son to get the item out 'cause with me, I'm messy too 😉 

My answer to her question was going to be PETS. I would never ever neg a seller for using them. I dislike the mess but the main reason I don’t like them is because of my pets! It never surprises me what mine eat. 2 days ago, and I am so thankful I was home at the time, I found my cat trying to eat a piece of 4 foot long plastic Kite tail that had fallen off my kids kite! He had managed to swallow about 2 feet of it and when I found him he was either trying to finish eating it or he had realized what a stupid thing he’d done & he was trying to cough it up, I really don’t know, he has about 2’ hanging out of his mouth dragging it around while he coughed. I was able to pull it all out and avoid an emergency vet trip. But yes pets are the number 1 reason. I don’t trust my cats not to eat them. Or my dog for that matter. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 24 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

Could sez:  "I see that peanuts would be an inappropriate packing material for most of your items unless they are at least double boxed."

Color me confuzzelated.

Heavy items either crush the peanuts or slither through them to the edge of the box, eliminating their cushioning effect.

If that happens, the packer didn't put enough peanuts in the package to start with.  If they are really tight in the box, even heavy items won't move.  but the peanuts have to fill the space completely. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 25 of 41
latest reply

That's why I only use the cornstarch ones.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 26 of 41
latest reply

firstly, it is against Ebay policy to threaten negative to a seller and Secondly, if they did not want it packaged with peanuts, this is a request that should have been made BEFORE purchasing the item. If you wind up having an issue with this buyer, I believe this will go in your favor but you never know what the outcome may be as Ebay always wants their customers pleased and so do the sellers. Best of Luck to you and your sales!

s

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

I had no idea those exist! I've only ever received styrofoam peanuts.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 28 of 41
latest reply

I like to avoid annoying buyers whenever possible. Thanks, and sorry this happened to you.

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

I had no idea those exist! I've only ever received styrofoam peanuts.

Well, they could also be called Cheetos ........ laughing