cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left negative feedback after 2 days?

How is that possible that an item sold on January 3rd, 2024 would receive negative feedback today on January 5th?  I thought you had to wait a week?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The 7 day grace period is only for Top Rated Sellers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Also, I called the customer and asked why he did not contact us and we would fix the problem.

He said that eBay gave him a popup saying "Do not contact the seller"

Is that true?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

The 7 day grace period is only for Top Rated Sellers.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I Think OP is a TRS.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Unfortunately, this is my wife's account that received the negative - she is not forecasted to be a top rated seller until February 1st, I hope this does not change that.

My wife is a big helper for all our stores, she is fancy nurse not much time.  All of her neutrals and negatives are mostly my fault - in this instance she did mislabel a sealed package but I did not check to make sure there was a spoon or a fork inside the package.  We should use clear packaging maybe.  She is much better now at making sure the labels match the item in the picture but this was like one of her first 100 listings

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I don't think it's a good idea to clearly offer to send the correct item IF they remove the feedback.   That follow-up was okay up to that part and also they are under no obligation to contact you prior to feedback. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Could have possibly ruined her top rated seller chances

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

- she is not forecasted to be a top rated seller until February 1st, I hope this does not change that.....

All of her neutrals and negatives are mostly my fault -

Plural? All?

While Feedback is not used to assess member accounts, many buyer leave feedback rather than opening Claims. And Claims are counted when assessing for TRS status.

Any Claims against a seller are kept private, but they are Defects even when settled.  Your wife's account may be further from TRS status than you hope.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Yes I probably did not handle this well

I did refund all the money including shipping and he did keep the item.

Maybe I should have just sent him the correct item and kept the money instead - he did seem open to that.

Maybe I should send the item now regardless, I just want the feedback gone, it is not about the money 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I would certainly send the correct item.  Unless they take offense to that statement you made in the follow-up, maybe they will revise once they receive the correct item. You can send the request once you make sure they got the correct item.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

2 neutral and 1 negative

@reallynicestamps wrote:

- she is not forecasted to be a top rated seller until February 1st, I hope this does not change that.....

All of her neutrals and negatives are mostly my fault -

Plural? All?

While Feedback is not used to assess member accounts, many buyer leave feedback rather than opening Claims. And Claims are counted when assessing for TRS status.

Any Claims against a seller are kept private, but they are Defects even when settled.  Your wife's account may be further from TRS status than you hope.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yeah, they are all actually my fault because I am the one who source and pack the items.  She photographs and lists the items.  I chose the items that received bad scores and also shipped the ones that had shipping errors.  It is a team sport, so yes it does hurt that she receives the negative.

I am certain that good business practices like giving refunds when there is a problem will overcome the negative when it comes to TRS, we will see next month eh?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@retrogames10000 wrote:

Yes I probably did not handle this well

I did refund all the money including shipping and he did keep the item.

Maybe I should have just sent him the correct item and kept the money instead - he did seem open to that.

Maybe I should send the item now regardless, I just want the feedback gone, it is not about the money 

So the only way I would send them the right item at this point is if they will do a feedback revision.  email them and ask.  If they don't reply you will just have to move on.  you can't make them remove a feedback that unfortunately is accurate

Message 15 of 16
latest reply