cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer initiating fraudulent claims

Good afternoon,

This is a first for me but I thought someone could offer insight.

A buyer initiated two claims for two pieces purchased. The buyer 

had bought three items. I emailed the buyer saying I was going to

combine the shipping and send in one package. I then refunded the buyer the funds for the amount of excess shipping paid as I had combined the pieces to a single parcel.

I posted the package and sent the buyer the tracking number. The parcel arrived 6 days later

to its destination. A few days later the buyer gave positive feedback for the larger piece in the package.

Now 23 days after the parcel arrived the buyer says the other pieces were not shipped?

This is really aggravating and a gut punch!

I contacted the buyer multiple times and explained how and where in the parcel to find the 2 pieces.

I remember quite well the packing as I was ensuring a safe trip through secure packing.

The buyer has not responded.

Time is running out until the resolution date occurs.

As I said this is a first for me!

Any one have information or suggestions?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buyer initiating fraudulent claims

Did you enter the tracking number for each of the orders? You can enter the same tracking number for several items that you shipped together.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Fairly certain I sent the information as per the large piece in the package explaining the tracking was for the parcel containing all three.

I have sent combined shipments approx. a dozen times without complications in this fashion.

Perhaps I became too complacent and trusting?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you want to combine shipping and the buyer has already paid, do this:

1. Go to your awaiting shipment page: https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:AWAITING_SHIPMENT
2. Select the items you want to combine, then click print shipping label from the drop down menu. This will show all your items together as one package with one tracking number.
3. Make your weight adjustments so you can print the label with the correct postage.
4. Print your label.

When you do this, all items are combined into one shipment with one tracking number.  Each sold item will show the same tracking number, so there is no question as to what was included in the shipment. 

The buyer is scamming you.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi

Many thanks for the information.

This will be useful should I agree to combine shipping in the future.

Have a great evening!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Good afternoon all.

My faith in Ebay buyers has been restored!

I received a message from the buyer explaining the complication was on the buyer's

end.  Assistance with unpacking the parcel from another family member with

insufficient communication had occurred.

Claim is now closed with an apology.

Good things, however minor still happen!

Have a good evening

Message 6 of 6
latest reply