cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry or no?

Item sold on 6/30/17.  Shipped Fedex to confirmed paypal address (Kyle, Tx) with full insurance and signature confirmation on 7/2/17.   On 7/13, buyer opens INR, says "Says it was delivered but it wasnt".  I check tracking, shows delivery on 7/7 to Buda, TX.  Buda??? Signed for by someone too.  I go back, double check all my shipping info, that I had it all correct, yes.  Then I decide to google the buyer's name.  Google tells me the buyer is the owner of a food truck in, where of all places?  Buda Tx.  The buyer is asian and the food truck sells Thai food.  So to put all the pieces together, it appears a Fedex redirect was made by the buyer, shipped to their business, and signed for.   I shipped it to the paypal address and have a signature confirmation of delivery.  Do I need to be worried about anything?  

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry

Did you use the buyer's FedEx account or your own?  If you used your own FedEx account, I would be contacting FedEx and asking them to refund you for the purchase.  If you used the buyer's FedEx account, you lose.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Re: Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry

I used ebay's shipping, so it's ebay's fedex account, right?

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

@luvmy280z wrote:

Item sold on 6/30/17.  Shipped Fedex to confirmed paypal address (Kyle, Tx) with full insurance and signature confirmation on 7/2/17.   On 7/13, buyer opens INR, says "Says it was delivered but it wasnt".  I check tracking, shows delivery on 7/7 to Buda, TX.  Buda??? Signed for by someone too.  I go back, double check all my shipping info, that I had it all correct, yes.  Then I decide to google the buyer's name.  Google tells me the buyer is the owner of a food truck in, where of all places?  Buda Tx.  The buyer is asian and the food truck sells Thai food.  So to put all the pieces together, it appears a Fedex redirect was made by the buyer, shipped to their business, and signed for.   I shipped it to the paypal address and have a signature confirmation of delivery.  Do I need to be worried about anything?  

How can the buyer make a redirect.  Isn't Fed Ex required to ship to the address as stated.

If Fed Ex did, then I would put through a claim with them as they screwed up as they should never have allowed this.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

@luvmy280z wrote:

Actually it is.  I have a feeling you are going to have problems circumventing this maze.  The buyer should not have been able to reroute the package.  And you can bet I'd be on the phone with eBay tomorrow morning.  I would ask for the fraud department.

Blink Blink
Message 5 of 52
latest reply

@pinupsplus wrote:

@luvmy280z wrote:

Actually it is.  I have a feeling you are going to have problems circumventing this maze.  The buyer should not have been able to reroute the package.  And you can bet I'd be on the phone with eBay tomorrow morning.  I would ask for the fraud department.

You need to be on the phone with Fed Ex fraud as to why someone allowed the buyer to redirect this item.

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

that's what I thought too.  I called Fedex when I received notice of the INR and inquired about it be redirected.  I explained I am the shipper and asked if someone had it redirected.  Their response "I can't give you that information because you can't prove you are who you say you are?"  My response, "well buddy, get your supervisor because I'm having someone trying to pull $750 out of my family's pocket.  I am the shipper and it did not go where I shipped it." He then tells me someone will get back to me within 24 hours.  Has that happened? no.   My thing is, it is so freakin obvious what the buyer is doing.  It goes to Buda, you are asian, you own a Thai food truck in Buda, the person on the signature confirmation has an asian name.  But you never got it, come on!

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

@luvmy280z wrote:

that's what I thought too.  I called Fedex when I received notice of the INR and inquired about it be redirected.  I explained I am the shipper and asked if someone had it redirected.  Their response "I can't give you that information because you can't prove you are who you say you are?"  My response, "well buddy, get your supervisor because I'm having someone trying to pull $750 out of my family's pocket.  I am the shipper and it did not go where I shipped it." He then tells me someone will get back to me within 24 hours.  Has that happened? no.   My thing is, it is so freakin obvious what the buyer is doing.  It goes to Buda, you are asian, you own a Thai food truck in Buda, the person on the signature confirmation has an asian name.  But you never got it, come on!

If it were me, and since $750 is involved, I would be at my local Fed Ex tomorrow morning with my ID in hand to prove who I was and demand to know how this buyer was able to get this item redirected.

Someone at Fed Ex either screwed up or there was possible collusion between the driver and Mr. Thai Food truck.  

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

I don't ship Fedex because their new "Delivery Manager" allows them to have packages delivered to another location!

It's right on their "delivery manager" page. Smiley Surprised

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/?locale=en_US

"With recipient delivery options you can provide delivery and locating instructions, request your delivery time, including by appointment and evenings, request delivery to another address, and more."

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@pinupsplus wrote:

@luvmy280z wrote:

You need to be on the phone with Fed Ex fraud as to why someone allowed the buyer to redirect this item.

The reason I suggested eBay instead of FedEx is because technically the account does belong to eBay.  I've HEARD on the board that sellers have experienced problems re-routing or calling back packages because the account belongs to eBay.  I don't have experience shipping with FedEx, but just from some of the things I've read here on the board, it sounds like this is going to be a problem for the OP.  Also, the OP will want to point out to eBay's fraud department that the address the items were re-routed to belongs to the buyer.  I would also probably file an IC3 fraud report.  I doubt the buyer's local police will want any involvement and will tell the OP this is a civil matter.

Blink Blink
Message 10 of 52
latest reply

@pinupsplus wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@pinupsplus wrote:

@luvmy280z wrote:

The reason I suggested eBay instead of FedEx is because technically the account does belong to eBay.  I've HEARD on the board that sellers have experienced problems re-routing or calling back packages because the account belongs to eBay.  I don't have experience shipping with FedEx, but just from some of the things I've read here on the board, it sounds like this is going to be a problem for the OP.  Also, the OP will want to point out to eBay's fraud department that the address the items were re-routed to belongs to the buyer.  I would also probably file an IC3 fraud report.  I doubt the buyer's local police will want any involvement and will tell the OP this is a civil matter.

Yep eBay is technically the shipper of record I believe. Hopefully OP prints out all his records so that FedEx can see that he is the eBay seller involved here and hopefully FedEx helps him out here! 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 52
latest reply

@pikabo-icu @pinupsplus

@pikabo-icu wrote:

I don't ship Fedex because their new "Delivery Manager" allows them to have packages delivered to another location!

It's right on their "delivery manager" page. Smiley Surprised

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/?locale=en_US

"With recipient delivery options you can provide delivery and locating instructions, request your delivery time, including by appointment and evenings, request delivery to another address, and more."

Ouch... that looks like an INR train wreck in the making.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

i don't think you need to worry, as it shows it was delivered to the address given to you. There's no worry if it's just redirect, that is a fedex perk. They can do that, no problem.

but this buyer is scamming you. If it shows delivered to original address, your obligations have been fulfilled on that.  Their case should not hold up. You def need to contact ebay about it and give them all  info about your case (or paypal, or both).  Meantime BLOCK THAT BUYER !

Maybe you should sign up for a fedex account, it's easy and no cost. that way they would know who you are perhaps, and deal with you more helpfully.

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

Call Ebay First thing.  Give them the Tracking number and note that there is a signature confirmation and ask them to close it.  They Should...  But watch your Paypal account.  If the buyer is trying to scam you (which seems to be the case) he can still open a case with paypal and you will need to go through the same process with paypal.  

IN ALL CASES CALL!!!  You want this handled by a real person and not a Bot.

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

UPDATE:  On the phone with Fedex this morning.  They have informed me that the item was "misdelivered".  They went back to the Buda location on July 14, got the parcel and delivered it to the correct address on file.  It was signed for by the buyer on record.   The buyer has yet to close their INR case.  I will get on the phone with ebay next and get that taken care of.   

On another note, has any ever heard of a Fedex misdelivery?  and one that was signed for????

Message 15 of 52
latest reply