cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer emails after 10 day auction

Here is what he emails : "Extremely sorry will have to cancel no funds due to sickness and unemployment so sorry " This after 253.00 auction.He has no feedback. I lost it and emailed back " You didn't know you were sick and unemployed when you bid?There will be no cancellation until at least 4 days have past so you get the unpaid item strike and I get some of my fees back ".

Usually I am polite but this is getting tiresome. Returns of items the buyer said it was damaged.Got it back and no damage.This buyer returned 2 items this way.Many more.Another 2 buyers emailed requesting refunds and I already refunded them a long time ago.

Guess I'm a little burned out.Takes so much time to handle and research these.I am a one person business.Thanks for listening. CAZ

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Buyer emails after 10 day auction

@downunder-61 wrote:

Admire your moxie - chill in the marshmallow thread, it is a lot of fun isn't it.

Yo @downunder-61 ... no kidding?!?  The Marshmallow thread gets a mention here?  I love it and @caz-10 he's right ... shed some of that angst on this thread ... https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Can-we-sell-Organic-Marshmallows-on-eBay/m-p/32067180#M1795833

Let me share my frustration with a Seller

-Purchased on the 6th

-Label generated the 8th

-"Picked up" the 9th (didn't bother to take it to the Post Office)

-8 days later (today) and 1 day PAST the delivery date the package is sitting in a bulk center in the Seller's state!

-I messaged them asking them to file a Missing Mail piece to get it moving (I did that MANY times during Covid last year)

-Have not heard a peep from the Seller

Time for a giant s'more ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 31 of 57
latest reply

@musicforyoureyes wrote:

No more strikes?!?  Hmmmmm... I'm doing this all wrong.  I'm going back to growing Organic Hot Chocolate!  

@musicforyoureyes   I heard that!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 32 of 57
latest reply

@caz-10 wrote:

Well,when I turned on the computer I had another one! Buyer paid and wants me to cancel it.I emailed him back that he would have to cancel it from his end and if he didn't know how he should call Ebay. Just having a little fun! I canceled it after a while.Blocked him of course.

Don't know where they are coming from.Getting used to it.The next one I'm not going to answer for a day or two.

Things have certainly changed in selling on line.  CAZ

I think people who were bored during lockdown came over here to see what was up. They don't grok auctions and have no idea what is going on.  I've had people ask me for a 'different size' in a 50s cocktail dress, or 'a size XL' as a choice in the 60s cape.  I mean, I don't bring multiples of this stuff back from the past in a TARDIS, what I've got in stock is what I've got in stock and that's about it. 😣

ETA: eBay's lax rules about this stuff is not helping.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 33 of 57
latest reply

Goes well with marshmallows 

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

@caz-10 wrote:

LOL.I am of the male persuasion.Don't know if you all would have been as nice if you knew that ! I'm also a Yankee but now living in the south.

I am so sorry, I do that a lot, I don't mean to but associate some id's with gender - a very bad habit I need to Break!! 

Yankee's ?? means nothing to me (I am Aussie) but I always hear of southern hospitality 😁 I imagine your hospitality had just reached it's limit with this buyer LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 35 of 57
latest reply

@musicforyoureyes wrote:

Check out U Tube.  They have lessons on how to steal on ebay----LEGALLY!  They've studied the policies here and find/found ways to be within the rules and get both the money and the items and teach others how to do the same. That's why the numbers are going up and with inflation and shrinkflation, it's bound to get worse.  Only the seller loses.  Oh, well, that's the price of selling here...NOT!!

Totally agree, and have to admit at home in Oz we have very little in the way of the scams that get reported here on a regular basis, hope we don't follow suit any time soon.

But I always wonder also, how easy for a wanna be scam seller or buyer to come here to these boards for a really good education > even better than You Tube.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 36 of 57
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

@caz-10 wrote:

LOL.I am of the male persuasion.Don't know if you all would have been as nice if you knew that ! I'm also a Yankee but now living in the south.

I am so sorry, I do that a lot, I don't mean to but associate some id's with gender - a very bad habit I need to Break!! 

Yankee's ?? means nothing to me (I am Aussie) but I always hear of southern hospitality 😁 I imagine your hospitality had just reached it's limit with this buyer LOL

We yankees are proud and crunchy.   Very crunchy.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 37 of 57
latest reply

@caz-10 wrote:

It was the timing.As soon as the auction was over he emailed.He could have just cancelled his bids during the auction.

He may have developed a pattern of doing this and didn't want to cancel any more bids lest eBay decide he was a 'disruptive buyer' and suspend his ability to no pay for auctions he bid up and won.

Without your response, you could have reported the customer for bidding with no intention to pay.  I keep a series of links on my browser bookmark bar so I can get to these pages quickly.  With your response, you may get a reprimand from eBay as well.

Also, if you cancel at customer request before payment, eBay should have no FVF to refund -- they haven't processed any payment yet, and that's when they collect the FVF+PAY fee.  No payment should mean no fee to refund.

I know everyone says these folks have been around forever, but I think the semi-anonymity of "the web" makes them feel more emboldened to do things they would not otherwise do.  Which just proves how little they know about the service (the internet) they use to play their little games.  <sigh>  I think I'm beginning to understand why some day the machines will take over -- they will judge most of humanity as too feeble-minded to be entrusted with their own choices.  And most of those folks will agree with them - cuz if you read it on the internet, it must be true, right?

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 38 of 57
latest reply

@caz-10 wrote:

Well,when I turned on the computer I had another one! Buyer paid and wants me to cancel it.I emailed him back that he would have to cancel it from his end and if he didn't know how he should call Ebay. Just having a little fun! I canceled it after a while.Blocked him of course.

Don't know where they are coming from.Getting used to it.The next one I'm not going to answer for a day or two.

Things have certainly changed in selling on line.  CAZ

You know these folks who walk out into traffic because they have their nose/eyes/attention buried in their phones?  That's where they are coming from!  Back in the day (yes, I'm old enough to say that), you had to work to earn your way thru life, and it wasn't sitting at a desk and typing all day (altho that was my career arc, but I've always been special!) -- it was working from dawn to dusk 6 days a week.

As technology has made our lives easier, we have begun looking for new things to entertain us, and we are a very creative creature, mostly.  Playing free games on your phone becomes boring... paying to play becomes expensive... but messing around with folks on eBay?  Priceless!

I'm sure the majority of the folks who've asked me to cancel their purchase have had legitimate reasons for doing so, and to be honest, I'd rather cancel before I ship than deal with the losses from a return post-delivery.

At least the "My Friend" messages have stopped.  And offers to buy at stupidly low prices are just ignored - if they get upset, they should have made a better offer.  Just like feedback, responding to messaged offers is voluntary.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 39 of 57
latest reply

I agree with you - but it sure seems like eBay needs to play catch-up with the way they protect their community.

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

It can take up to a month before these chargebacks get resolved.

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

Hope that teaches you to shop only on eBay!

that's certaily depressing.

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

Lots of great advice and info here.

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

yes, i think ebay have to do it

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

Thank you for taking time and explaining this to us. I appreciate that.

Message 45 of 57
latest reply