cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims they did not receive item and want refund (after leaving positive feedback!)

USPS tracking claims package left at front door.  Buyer left me positive feedback that same day. Later that day, they claimed they were outside waiting for package and the truck never showed up.  They filed for a refund that same day. 

I've reuploaded the tracking, even though it is plain to see already.  Thanked them  for their positive feedback.  But they still say they did not receive it.

I've seen some of these cases go against the seller.  Not sure what my next step is.  Pretty unfair if the buyer gets their money back and gets to keep the  item.  Not an expensive one, just $45 including the shipping.  

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer claims they did not receive item and want refund (after leaving positive feedback!)

@pinktime wrote:

USPS tracking claims package left at front door.  Buyer left me positive feedback that same day. Later that day, they claimed they were outside waiting for package and the truck never showed up.  They filed for a refund that same day. 

I've reuploaded the tracking, even though it is plain to see already.  Thanked them  for their positive feedback.  But they still say they did not receive it.

Given the details you provided here, they're either a clueless scammer or they have mixed up their purchase from you with a purchase from somebody else. If you have uploaded your tracking number to the Item Not Received claim, and it shows delivery to the City and ZIP of the Ship-To: address you received with the payment, you should be fine. The claim will still need to be closed by eBay (in the next few days, I would think), but it should go in your favor.

On a side note, they have already shot off their feedback ammunition by giving you a Positive, so no worries there. If they're still complaining in the future, might be best to put them on your Blocked Buyer List.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Buyer claims they did not receive item and want refund (after leaving positive feedback!)

@pinktime wrote:

Given the details you provided here, they're either a clueless scammer or they have mixed up their purchase from you with a purchase from somebody else. If you have uploaded your tracking number to the Item Not Received claim, and it shows delivery to the City and ZIP of the Ship-To: address you received with the payment, you should be fine. The claim will still need to be closed by eBay (in the next few days, I would think), but it should go in your favor.

On a side note, they have already shot off their feedback ammunition by giving you a Positive, so no worries there. If they're still complaining in the future, might be best to put them on your Blocked Buyer List.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No you simply have not seen some of these cases go against the seller.  If tracking shows delivered then seller wins every time.  So, no you have not seen some of these cases go against the seller. Why make stuff up? 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@pinktime wrote:

I've seen some of these cases go against the seller.  Not sure what my next step is.  Pretty unfair if the buyer gets their money back and gets to keep the  item.  Not an expensive one, just $45 including the shipping.  

Any ideas?

You will win the INR case, in the meantime you should suggest to the buyer that they speak to their carrier or local Post Office as it is possible that a) the package was delivered to the wrong location or b) stolen from their delivery receptacle or c) marked as delivered when in fact it was not yet delivered.

USPS delivery scans are Geo-located, they can confirm the exact point of delivery with relative accuracy. They can determine if the scan was at the correct address rather than one just down the street.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@playwithitagaintoys wrote:

No you simply have not seen some of these cases go against the seller.  If tracking shows delivered then seller wins every time.  So, no you have not seen some of these cases go against the seller. Why make stuff up? 

Somewhat true.

They the seller will typically always win an automatic closure based on uploading delivered tracking.

Buyer has 30 days to appeal that decision, and on multiple cases the decision will be overturned in buyer favor if documentation is provided. Such as a statement from carrier that the item was not delivered to their address.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

A buyer has 30 days on day of item delivered to ask for a refund.

I assume this is within the 30 days?

And there is an eBay claim open and the funds on the item are on hold?

Upload documentation...either type in tracking or a photo of tracking.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

You might take the time to explain to this buyer that tracking shows delivery.

Also that their package could have been stolen from the part of their property where it was delivered.

If the buyer wants, he can go to the delivery service and ask for further evidence of the delivery address.

They won't tell him where it was actually delivered, but they can confirm whether or not the address was his.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

False. Once delivery in confirmed the seller wins. Even if buyer somehow wins on appeal the seller can easily overturn that appeal by showing delivery confirmation again. Stop spreading fake news please. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I only see 2 recent feedbacks for ya, and both of those describe the product they received....

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It was the item where I responded.. " So it looks like you received your item and are pleased with it. Thank you for your purchase!"

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

And now the buyer is saying they did not leave that feedback.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@pinktime wrote:

And now the buyer is saying they did not leave that feedback.

Wait, they are actually trying to claim that they did NOT WRITE the feedback ....which could only come from THEIR account, for this particular item?  
How stupid do they have to be to think a seller could be that stupid?  
Reminds me of the buyer who tried to get me to refund her because she claimed someone stole the designer purse from her porch ..... but left the shredded USPS box (like yeah, they ripped it open right there on her front porch like some animal rather than run and open it somewhere in private) .... and yes she demanded that I refund her because her mailman should have put it somewhere else.  -And to top all that off, she sent a photo of the shredded box to "prove" all this ...... and she didn't even try to keep THE PURSE ... the red leather with white stitching purse out of the photo!  A good quarter of it was visible right in the corner of the photo!  I wrote "Oh I found it!  Check your car seat, right next to the ripped up box!"  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply