cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Accepts Offer not from me

How does eBay monitor Offers sent/accepted?  A couple of weeks ago a "Buyer" bought a dvd from me through an Offer that went through the eBay system. The problem was I NEVER sent the Offer. The "Buyer" sent  me a screenshot from their "iphone" that showed the offer. When I contacted eBay Customer Service, they said that they had found no intrusions on my account. Also, the rep said that eBay had "NO WAY TO TRACK ANY OFFERS SENT/ACCEPTED".  Seemed ODD since they maintain a page to do just that for potential "Buyers" to send Offers to. They also told me to just cancel the order and block the "Buyer". I did all that and asked for a Supervisor to call me, NEVER HAPPENED!!  Also, went through the process of setting up NEW password and 2-step confirmation. Today have received 3 "Buyers" that have purchased through eBay via huge discounted items from "Offers" that I NEVER sent.  Since eBay appears not to want to help THIS SELLER finding out why this is happening, I appeal to the eBay community for HELP.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

If you have more than 30 interested buyers for your item, eBay will start by sending 30 offers and continue to send up to 30 offers every 48 hours until all interested buyers receive the offer.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@jcovingto0 

Seems that I have read that others have somehow gotten a box checked on their account where "automatic offers" are sent.

Dig around to see if you have such a box check marked.

Hopefully someone will chime in with more info about where to look for that box and checkmark.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. This item and 2 others today. None are 'Watched" for more than 2 potential "Buyers"

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Each listing that you can use offers on has this option to start with:

gator08041971_0-1707426652640.png

Now, from the seller hub you can go to your listing for an item that has offers and use this drop down:

gator08041971_1-1707426753475.png

View Offer Settings.

Here you will find this option:

gator08041971_2-1707426873733.png

You can adjust it for each listing that has offers here.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

If you have ever sent out offers on these items and didn’t make sure the box to send offers automatically was unchecked, then future watchers will also get those same offers.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Not in my listings. Have ckecked this out. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Opened a case with eBay Customer Security. Will take 3 business days for them to investigate. Apparently nothing was done on the 1st case reported to them. The 1st case was via eBay messaging. Have heard from 1 "Buyer" . Got same response as 1st case -- Refund me since already paid.  NOTE:  since payment is pending, best to just CANCEL order and not send Refund. 

ARE YOU CHECKING YOUR SELL ITEMS "SOLD" prices?  Looking for more than this seller experiencing this SCAM. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Not in my listings. Have ckecked this out. 

@jcovingto0 

Have you ever SENT offers?    Read again the message #6 from @fern*wood .    The post suggests that there is something you must uncheck (eBay has signed you up if you don't) when you send an offer.   You might want to do a "test run" to see if you can find that preference. 

Buyers don't have to have placed an item on their watch list to receive offers, all they have to do is look at the listing eBay will make them eligible to receive an offer you generate. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Now why would eBay set Offers for items to Automatic Send for items that I only wanted to send at the time "I" sent ?  Never intended for eBay to send offers "for me" when they wanted to!!! 

I did find a couple of the items set to automatically send offers. 

Thanks for the info. eBay Customer Service had no clue to tell me such a thing.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Found that eBay used the shotgun approach to set Automatically Send Offers to future potential Buyers.

Now have to check each of my hundreds of listings to see if the Auto Setting if on or not!  What a waste of my valuable time.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for the info. Found that past offers were Automatically Send Offers box was checked by default.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Can you do it through the bulk edit tool? 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Yep, it was my oversight not to check to see the DEFAULT Auto Send that eBay should not have as default setting. Should be an option for Seller to check - not to de-select. Thanks for the info.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Yep, it was my oversight not to check to see the DEFAULT Auto Send that eBay should not have as default setting.

@jcovingto0 

LOL...no it was NOT really.  Since you don't use the 'send offer feature' it narrowed down the problem.  CS that you get in call back or chat are often clueless.  For important issues, they are not reliable at all and often give you information/advice that lands you in more trouble than when you started.  Since you don't use the auction format either, you probably don't know what else eBay 'auto enrolled' you in as well. 

Glad you got it sorted out, though!!!!!!!   

Message 15 of 21
latest reply