cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy it now said good buy today!! So did my $$$

I've been selling for a long time. It is a hobby for me to sell, then take the $$ and turn around and buy something on Epay. Now there is no buy it now! I get 50 free listing  each month but now it will take 3 of those listings to keep an item on Epay for 30 days. Because of this I will only use my free listings. EBAY JUST LOST A LOT OF MY EBAY FINAL VALUE FEES BECAUSE IM ONLY GOING TO LIST 30% OF WHAT I HAVE IN THE PAST!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Buy it now said good buy today!! So did my $$$

How many of those are active buyers? Not many. 

Sales are in the tank for most, Ebay has been on a downhill slide for years. They have no cue how to fix it. Thats fact. You are pointing to numbers but one look at Ebays GMV numbers tell you all you need to know. 

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

How many of those are active buyers? Not many. 

Sales are in the tank for most, Ebay has been on a downhill slide for years. They have no cue how to fix it. Thats fact. You are pointing to numbers but one look at Ebays GMV numbers tell you all you need to know. 

You do not seem know the numbers? You say sales are in the tank for most?  Who are these sellers you are representing?  Are you speaking about the couple thousand users who visit the forum?

Since you mentioned it here are a couple links to the numbers

https://expandedramblings.com/index.php/ebay-stats/

https://investors.ebayinc.com/fast-facts/default.aspx

Good Luck Selling!

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

I'm sorry you do not understand GMV. 

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

I'm sorry you do not understand GMV. 

Here is your chance to educate me?  Maybe this will help you?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/242276/ebays-fixed-price-trading-as-share-of-total-gross-merchan...

Good Luck Selling!

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Gladly.

Now compare that growth with Amazon or Wal-Mart. 

Thats all but stagnant growth, while other e-commerce sites are growing at a rapid pace.

I'm sorry you do not understand how it works. Cherry picking articles isn't really understanding the big picture.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

Gladly.

Now compare that growth with Amazon or Wal-Mart. 

Thats all but stagnant growth, while other e-commerce sites are growing at a rapid pace.

I'm sorry you do not understand how it works. Cherry picking articles isn't really understanding the big picture.

Neither does cherry picking companies to compare to.  I clearly showed you continual growth in the eBay GMV and I guess you still have not shown me otherwise?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

Sorry - not seeing a 'downhill slide for years' in your GMV numbers here.

GMV.jpg

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Until you compare it to the growth of other e-commerce sites. They are continually losing market share. I can't explain it to you if you don't understand the dynamics. 

Or, of course if you can't read the hundreds of posts about falling sales. 

That "growth" you see as positive, is actually unacceptable to the shareholders. When the market is growing and you are only growing 1% while the others are growing at several, several times that percentage its a sign that your company is on a downward trend. Of course anyone with a pulse, or a keyboard could tell that with this dumpster fire.

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@weschurch wrote:

Sorry - not seeing a 'downhill slide for years' in your GMV numbers here.

Maybe apples-oranges...  But just for entertainment sake... Now show the same graft for A'zon  Smiley Wink

GMV.jpg

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

Yeah, lets see the Amazon graph now

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

You would have to find data about Amaz and or Walmart third party sellers portion to get a true comparison to eBay which is 100% third party seller.  I think just saying Amaz is growing at whatever level is because of its third party sellers would not be very good data.  You need direct comparison data to see how this is working out.

Also you keep saying we are not able to understand yet we have given exact graphs dispelling of what you are speaking about?  Obviously we seem to know what you are speaking about but still you have not helped us?  Please inform us where the data I shared and also has verification links to where the info came from is somehow compromised because it does not support your theory?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

Isnt that something you should have already done? You already made one claim here about Ebay Gmv that turned out to be practically the opposite of what you said the graph would say. You want to have your data ready before you make the claim because it looks bad for you if others check your claim and find it says something different that you were not expecting.

Maybe things are really not as bad as you say they are? Its true that a lot of sellers are hurting and they say so here and noone is arguing with them about that. Its just that the successful ones are not posting complaints so in order to get the big picture you need to look at the posted numbers to see how the company is doing. That can be a good discussion to have because I dont think Ebay is very well run either and could probably do much better in other hands - but you need to at least be able to post the numbers that support your argument.

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

I'm not going to waste my time. If you don't understand how Ebay is hurting, search google for the hundreds of articles stating so.  You clearly are lost if you believe 1-2% growth is "succeeding"

Maybe you can learn a little bit more here

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/12/1544642709.html

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Well eBay is in the Bay area. 

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

EBay wasn't making anything in listing fees since the OP was only using his 50 Free.

Ten day Fixed Price listings cost the same as a 30 day listing, but offer one third the chance that the listing will be seen.

The idea that eBay is pushing is that the longer an item is up and the more views it gets (not sales, not watchers, just views) the more likely it is to move up in Google, Yahoo, or Bing searches. Maybe.... we'll see in about six months.

Every time I read the OP's posts I get more confused.

Message 30 of 33
latest reply