cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? Created 3 listings yesterday that never appeared. Changed 2 more that are gone from search now

Yesterday I created 3 new listings using the Sell Similar link in an existing steering wheel listing. None of them ever appeared in eBay search results, nor my store, nor in a search of active listings. They are still not there as of today.

At the same time, I also changed a couple steering wheel listings that used to appear just fine, but now no longer appear in my Store or in eBay search results. The only way I can find them is by going to Order history and clicking on a past sale. (Items 394906607153 and 276071319829, if you're curious.)

What in the world is going on??

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Bug? Created 3 listings yesterday that never appeared. Changed 2 more that are gone from search now

I think I'm seeing your first new listing's number to be 394906513121, and the second to be 394906621978. No??

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

No. Those were created 9/28 and 10/5, respectively. They were just modified more recently...

I can't find the new ones anywhere, using any method. And I didn't record the Item IDs that were assigned when I created them. (Who would? Not when you list hundreds of items.)

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The part numbers for the three steering wheels that were listed but are not appearing are 85594295, 85594300, and 85594308. A search for those in my store returns nothing. Nor does it return anything site-wide. (And those values were in the Item Specifics, as they are with all my listings. So they would be returned by now if they were problem-free listings. There has to be some sort of bug.)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

FYI - Using the links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276071319829 

or 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394906607153

works to go directly to the two changed listings that no longer show up in search. So they're on eBay. They're just not in the search database, evidently. Of course that doesn't help, other than to prove there is a problem. It also doesn't help on the three new listings that don't appear, because I don't know the Item ID's for those...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

When you do a revision, it puts the listing back into the "check" mode so it's not visible until it's released.........both those listings have numerous revisions on almost everyday since they were listed......

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I understand. I list thousands of items and make numerous revisions. But the process you're referring to usually takes 15 minutes, at the most. These listings did end up appearing again... almost 24 hours later. It has never taken anywhere close to that long. So something was wrong...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Well, it's happening again... I created two new listings yesterday (11/28 @6:15pm PST) and neither are showing up in searches or in our store. I can, however, find them using the item number, so they're out there. For some reason they just haven't made it into the search results...

What gives?? It usually takes about 15 minutes for a listing to appear after I've created it. It's now going on 20 hours. That's crazy!! Hard to sell an item if it doesn't show up in search results...

Here's the direct link to one of them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/375088208724

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@replacementradios wrote:

I understand. I list thousands of items and make numerous revisions. But the process you're referring to usually takes 15 minutes, at the most. These listings did end up appearing again... almost 24 hours later. It has never taken anywhere close to that long. So something was wrong...

You cannot assume that just because they usually take 15 minutes that "something is wrong". 

Indexing is an asynchronous process where your listings is put in a queue to be processed, and the time it takes is often the result of the actions of OTHER sellers in addition to any other factors. That is why eBay gives 24 hours as the possible delay. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply