cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged insertion fee when I still have free listings...

Anyone else being charged an insertion fee even though you still have free listings remaining?

I am charged whether I re-list or sell similar, 7, 10, 30 days, auction or fixed price.  Still have some free listings remaining for the month.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Being charged insertion fee when I still have free listings...

Mine is working ok now. 

Message 91 of 110
latest reply

@tealtwrote:

Like everyone else on this thread, I have a bunch of free listings left and was going to use them before midnight tonight.

Now I don't dare do that.

Brian.t assured us that the fees would automatically be credited back, but...  I'm sorry, but I just don't trust eBay to do that in a prompt, painless way.  

I don't know... "assured" doesn't usually involve anything that says "typically"...

Hi everyone! I've reported this matter to our developers for further review. Please feel free to continue working and listing items as you normally would. Typically, when we identify an issue such as this then we'll automatically issue credits for affected items.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 92 of 110
latest reply

Anyone know when we will be credited the amounts we were charged?
Message 93 of 110
latest reply

Have you checked your invoice to see if you have been charged?  I see one statement that some charges were not actually placed on the invoice:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FEE-charged-for-updating-Title-and-Description-of-an-...

Message 94 of 110
latest reply

Yes, I was charged yesterday.  I switched listings from fixed to auction to various durations.  Finally, it came up as zero for the auction of 7 day duration.  BUT, I was charged for it anyway.  Rather annoyed. 

Message 95 of 110
latest reply

Perhaps it was already 'tomorrow' where the billing was generated?
Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 96 of 110
latest reply

It still shows that i am being charged, i dont get a new invoice til later in the month. At least i am not being charged now (its a new month), but i'd still like my money back for listings that were supposed to be free! I'll give it time, maybe it will show up..

Message 97 of 110
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! The issue has been resolved, so sellers should now be receiving free listings normally. Additionally, we're currently working on a plan to automatically credit any fees that were inaccurately charged. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we appreciate everyone's patience as we work towards crediting those fees Smiley Happy

Brian,
Community Team
Message 98 of 110
latest reply

Yes, the problem seems to be fixed, but pay close attention when you list - especially if you do a "Sell Similar."

I *never* use Gallery Photos yet I had several listings that suddenly indicated I had selected that option.  One got by me ($1 a pop) before I noticed what was happening, so I had to check the remaining listings very closely to make sure I wasn't being charged for something I never use and don't want.

Message 99 of 110
latest reply

Very positive and quick call to Customer Service, and credits were quickly added to my seller account. Must say, much thanks to the excellent customer service rep!!!
Message 100 of 110
latest reply

Yes I have been having that problem. Im sick of having to call them to get them removed.
Message 101 of 110
latest reply

Yes same thing happened to me. What a scam !!!!

Message 102 of 110
latest reply

I am having the same problem!  I have 50 free listings for April and an additional 50 free which expires April 10, 2018.  When I try to relist 60 of my items as fixed price, ebay wants to charge me .30 per item.

I thought according to this message thread, this was supposedly resolved March 1, 2018???

Message 103 of 110
latest reply

Seems like **bleep** to me, its now May 2018 and same thing is happening to me, computer glitch my behind! They are hoping people don't  notice till it's  too late! Shame on eBay!

Message 104 of 110
latest reply

me too!
Message 105 of 110
latest reply