cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged insertion fee when I still have free listings...

Anyone else being charged an insertion fee even though you still have free listings remaining?

I am charged whether I re-list or sell similar, 7, 10, 30 days, auction or fixed price.  Still have some free listings remaining for the month.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Being charged insertion fee when I still have free listings...

Not only that but trying to compete with thrift stores that get their items for free and China ... with both having free shipping.
Message 76 of 110
latest reply

I Just tried again from a draft I had saved and says 0.00, so maybe they fixed it now

woohoo

Message 77 of 110
latest reply

@cdvarwrote:

Only a few minutes after my post and it seems to be working now.   Fortunately, it's ticking off my regular 50 and not either of the store subscriptions that must be showing in my offers window by mistake.  Weird.

I too was just able to relist for free, as I should be.  It's coming off my 50 free listings, and not, thank goodness, those 3 active Stores.

This fix has to be one of the soonest "soon"s in eBay history.  Perhaps, faced with spectre of sorting out invalid charges on thousand and thousand of seller accounts a fire was lit under someone.

Message 78 of 110
latest reply

It's updating my amount of free now too, so I think they fixed it

Message 79 of 110
latest reply

YES, being charged when free listings are left! When, I clicked on CALL, it is 193 min wait time and the CALL ME option is currently not available. So frustrating!

Message 80 of 110
latest reply

FIXED HERE.

OFF TO LIST.

😞

Message 81 of 110
latest reply

@blu_bel54wrote:

...... I am getting charged for each one.....  Cant get through to CS to get my name on a "list"  <sigh>

It would be easier and quicker for ebay to start a list of users that weren't affected.

Message 82 of 110
latest reply

@valksellerwrote:

@blu_bel54wrote:

...... I am getting charged for each one.....  Cant get through to CS to get my name on a "list"  <sigh>

It would be easier and quicker for ebay to start a list of users that weren't affected.

Good one , has anyone ever have one of these glitches occur in their favor? Why is it that ebay crediting everyone account  .30 for each listing never happens?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 83 of 110
latest reply

I have 39 free listings left and was charged an insertion fee on two items, just basic fixed price items. Does each person have to contact them to have it fixed or will they fix it for all accounts automatically? I saw that they are working on it.
Message 84 of 110
latest reply

are you sure that the free listings you have are in the correct category?
Message 85 of 110
latest reply

never mind, I see this has been fixed
Message 86 of 110
latest reply

brian@ebaywrote:

Hi everyone! I've reported this matter to our developers for further review. Please feel free to continue working and listing items as you normally would. Typically, when we identify an issue such as this then we'll automatically issue credits for affected items. Our customer support teams are also available to assist with fees that are accrued due to potential site issues. Please allow us some time to look into this further. I'll be sure to update this thread with any updates I receive Smiley Happy

Thank you, Brian, for the update.

Message 87 of 110
latest reply

"typically".    I have not used my remaining because I can't find any assurance of a credit in print anywhere.   This is close... but not.

Message 88 of 110
latest reply

Same here
Message 89 of 110
latest reply

This has convinced me I will NOT open a store
Message 90 of 110
latest reply