cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad link

Got the store renewal notice email.......with the following

Your Basic Store yearly subscription will be renewed on Apr 1, 2024.

The yearly subscription fee for your Basic Store can be found online. Your new subscription and the length of the term of your new subscription will renew automatically and continue until you cancel it.

The "online" link goes to seller update........nothing to do with Store rates

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

might want to advise someone to correct the link?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Bad link

You received a store renewal notice? I have a store my subscription renews every month without any notice. Are you sure the eMail is actually from eBay? 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

@ebooksdiva wrote:

You received a store renewal notice? I have a store my subscription renews every month without any notice. Are you sure the eMail is actually from eBay? 

The OP is on a yearly subscription, not a monthly one. Perhaps the renewal process is different.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

yep.........yearly subscription............

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

The annual subscription gives you an email just slightly ahead of renewal. It gives sellers the opportunity to make any necessary changes without incurring any penalties. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Sellers on a monthly subscription do not get a notice. Sellers on an annual subscription get a notice once a year. Makes sense since monthly can be cancelled at any time but annual comes with significant early termination fees if cancelled early.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

I'm pretty sure that happened last year with my renewal email too.  I wanted to make sure the cost didn't change, but the link didn't go there.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

@dhbookds wrote:

The yearly subscription fee for your Basic Store can be found online. Your new subscription and the length of the term of your new subscription will renew automatically and continue until you cancel it.

Let's recap devon@ebay and team because there are a lot of wrong links to this page:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

1. Email titled Your eBay Store subscription will be renewed has 1 wrong link

The yearly subscription fee for your Basic Store can be found online.

The word online links to the 2018 Spring Seller Update, but since that page doesn't exist it redirects to the main seller update page.

2. Email titled You've changed your eBay Store subscription has 3 wrong links

Your Basic Store monthly subscription fee can be found here.

Learn more about billing for your eBay Store subscription.

If you cancel or downgrade a yearly subscription before the last month of your subscription, you will be charged an early termination fee equal to one-third of the remaining value of your yearly subscription.

The word here links to the same 2018 Spring Seller Update, as do the words billing for your eBay Store subscription, as do the words early termination fee.

3. Email titled Your eBay Store was renewed has 3 wrong links

Your Basic Store yearly subscription fee can be found here.

Learn more about billing for your eBay Store subscription.

If you cancel or downgrade a yearly subscription before the last month of your subscription, you will be charged an early termination fee equal to one-third of the remaining value of your yearly subscription.

The word here links to the same 2018 Spring Seller Update, as do the words billing for your eBay Store subscription, as do the words early termination fee.

This error dates all the way back to 2019 store subscription emails!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

You go get em!!!!! @wastingtime101 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

@dhbookds wrote:

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Hey @dhbookds! Thank you for sharing this with us and we have it sent over to a couple different Product teams to see if we can have the link updated and/or a new email sent out to those set to renew.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

devon@ebay   Thanks .........hopefully you saw Wastingtime's extensive list..........????

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Bad link

@dhbookds wrote:

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Hey @dhbookds! We just got word that this has been corrected and the link has been fixed. Thank you again for letting us know about the bad link! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply