cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

a volume seller should provide at least the same level of service expected of a smaller seller. 

I would never give a seller a pass because he is high volume. In fact it is not even a consideration,

and it is certainly not an excuse. 

This seller has a 99.5 feedback and his DSRs are all at least 4.9.

Do you hold all sellers to a higher standard or is this good enough?

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 106 of 148
latest reply

arizonajack85022 wrote:

"Did you get tracking? Go online and find if it was a postal delay?"

Yes, I got tracking and, yes, it's a postal delay, but that's not my issue.

@arizonajack85022

You should really try and keep your stories straight. Your negative feedback to the seller states ...

"No delivery. Emailed twice, no response. Got your attention yet, seller?"

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 107 of 148
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brad62853 wrote:

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

@arizonajack85022

You should really try and keep your stories straight. Your negative feedback to the seller states ...

Yeah, that's what I want to know - what is the issue?  What was the question that didn't get answered lickety-split and created this thread and the negative feedback?

Message 108 of 148
latest reply

I have dealt with some pretty big sellers (close to 180,000 FB) and they have numerous locations and number available to call.

Not all big sellers are poor communicators or are unwilling to entertaim your concerns.  In my experience, I could always get through to customer service but, in all honesty, miscommunication and misunderstanding do happen.  Large volume sellers/dealers doing two or three dozen (or more) transactions on any given day tend to have numerous employees often in multiple locations and that can be a bit of a pain, at times.  In terms of getting through to the exact person or the right person (for your needs/concerns), or getting that person to call/contact you back.

Message 109 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:

I have dealt with some pretty big sellers (close to 180,000 FB) and they have numerous locations and number available to call.

Not all big sellers are poor communicators or are unwilling to entertaim your concerns.  In my experience, I could always get through to customer service but, in all honesty, miscommunication and misunderstanding do happen.  Large volume sellers/dealers doing two or three dozen (or more) transactions on any given day tend to have numerous employees often in multiple locations and that can be a bit of a pain, at times.  In terms of getting through to the exact person or the right person (for your needs/concerns), or getting that person to call/contact you back.

Op's  Seller  is  one of  few with  Over  Million feedback  that  is on ebay,  Majoredy of  That seller  Neg's and Neutrals  come across avoidable   based  on what  read from most recent  left .  I would not be surprised  with rest of the None positive's  that seller  has gotten over time.

Message 110 of 148
latest reply

Don't you people read each others' posts.

Y'all keep saying the same things over and over again.

111 posts with only a handful of constructive comments and the rest, drivel.

I wonder how long I can keep this thread going.

Very amusing so far.Smiley Very Happy

Message 111 of 148
latest reply

"drivel"

Think it started from post #1, the drivel. Snowballed from there.

I'll play.......
Message 112 of 148
latest reply

I do think you are quite impatient but do know that some sellers are bad communicators. I try to respond to mine within 12 hrs - but sometimes life intervenes.

This problem is not only an Ebay problem though - customer service has gone downhill in the B&M world also.

I recently purchase an extra large bag of dog food - but when I opened it found mold in the bottom pieces and at the bottom of the bag. I had already thrown away the receipt and decided to email the store and dog food company just letting them know of the problem in case a whole batch was affected. I included the exp date as well as the lot number.

The store manager immediately emailed me to come in and they would refund the purchase price. They asked me to bring in a sample so they could show the distributor - so I took in a sample of the food and the dog food bag. Received my money back along with many apologies.

By the end of the week I had yet to hear from the dog food company and emailed them again - letting them know of the situation and that the store had refunded my money and had samples for their salesman. I had even taken pictures and offered to upload them if they needed them. No reply and this is a well known and highly profitable company.

About 3 weeks later - I finally received a call from the company apologizing for them not getting back to me and an offer for a free bag of dog food. I was pleased with the end result but did not expect my money back nor a free bag of food as I just wanted them to be aware of the problem and didn't want to see any dogs get sick. But yes - it was almost a month until I heard from them.
Message 113 of 148
latest reply

arizonajack85022 wrote:

brad62853 wrote:

@arizonajack85022

popcorn233 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I want to know - what is the issue?  What was the question that didn't get answered lickety-split and created this thread and the negative feedback?

@Anonymous

It would seem @arizonajack85022 is reluctant to answer that question, noting also that the OP had no response to the above post pointing out that they DID in fact leave the negative over delivery, which they also admit they knew from tracking that there was a slight delay of some kind.

The OP posted about a similar yet unrelated issue they were experiencing with a cross border seller 3 or so weeks ago ...

http://208.74.204.108/t5/Bidding-Buying/Seller-is-Incommunicado/td-p/23914636

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 114 of 148
latest reply

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

I love drivel in the morning...

Message 115 of 148
latest reply

OP you mentioned shipping time was not your reason for contacting the seller. Could you please elaborate on what happened that caused you to message the seller? Personally I do feel you might have gotten a bit hasty and jumped the gun giving your seller a negative for not immediately responding. But, if you could tell us what exactly happened that you needed a super speedy reply it might help us to understand. Even if you opened a case a seller has more than a couple of days to respond. Granite, you might be right and your seller might not ever respond since they seem to be a very busy seller. 

Message 116 of 148
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

I guess you could keep it going as long as you refuse to let us know what your original question to the seller was.  We know you were annoyed because he didn't reply fast enough for you, but, again, what did you want from him, specifically?

But, I do think we're all done trying to get an answer from you, so I think this thread's on it's way to the back pages.

Message 117 of 148
latest reply

The OP should hope it's headed for the back page as his/her stated use of negative feedback will land him on more blacked bidder lists as more people read the thread.

Message 118 of 148
latest reply

kathieskorner wrote:

The OP should hope it's headed for the back page as his/her stated use of negative feedback will land him on more blacked bidder lists as more people read the thread.

OTH ... I like the idea of keeping it at the top so more seller members WILL add this buyer to their BBL. Unless of course the OP 'mans' up and answers the questions AND explains why they say one thing and FB proves another.

Message 119 of 148
latest reply

If a seller is going to take the time and care and effort to build a very large business, with a larger ratio of buyers and transactions, shouldn’t they also take the time to build the infrastructure to care for and manage that business?

Look at ebay.   Ebay is a very large business that has a lot of customers and many complaints.  Does CS call back when they say they say they will?  Does the platform work in a better than average fashion, considering the money the company brings in, the service they are suppose to be offering and the quality of employees and cutting edge tech they claim?

Seems to me, that if the seller were a responsible business person, just like IF ebay were a responsible company, more effort – on a basis of ratio – would be expended to keep quality up.

Of course, this isn’t to say that the buyer may not be acting overly egocentric, or maybe he just had a bad day.  After all, he is only human and every human being is a ‘special interest group’.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 120 of 148
latest reply